Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

If KB3 is going to miss some games....Who is his best replacement?

Discussion

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#61 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:15 AM

Alberts comes in so there's no point debating who. The question is what are the pairings?

Hamhuis-Ballard
Edler-Tanev
Alberts-Garrison

?

#62 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,177 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:06 AM

assurance. If our d-men are healthy then why play mess with our core? They have been playing great.

If Bieksa can't play, I'd much rather see Vandermeer or Barker. Alberts makes atrocious decisions and takes stupid penalties. Hate to negative but he's the only Canuck i don't trust on our roster.

I like that we haven't sat out Ballard or Tanev to try him out. My point is that now if we need someone to play for Bieksa, we should try out Barker. Since we already pretty much know what Alberts brings, but we don't know how Barker will do, and there's only one way to find out.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#63 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:37 AM

I want to bring up Vandermeer, safe defensively, tough, and a good veteran presence. If I remember right reentry waivers are gone in the new CBA, someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

2nd choice is Alberts, he's reliable enough, tough and is already used to the system.

Agree with this, Vandermeer is playing pretty well in Chicago. He has more grit than the Barker and is probably more game ready.
Kevin.jpg

#64 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:44 AM

Barker, since he wouldn't have to go through waivers... Also, he's not Alberts! hahah

#65 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:04 AM

Alberts had the second hardest slap shot in the team, in the skills contest they just had. Too bad he doesnt have the skill to aim it at the net.

#66 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:08 AM

Alberts had the second hardest slap shot in the team, in the skills contest they just had. Too bad he doesnt have the skill to aim it at the net.

I would settle for him hitting opposing defenders on other teams with it.....;)

#67 MayRayDown

MayRayDown

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:22 AM

Barker, since he wouldn't have to go through waivers... Also, he's not Alberts! hahah

vandemeer wouldn't have to clear waivers. there is no re-entry waivers after the new cba was done.

my pick would be alberts since he has been here the longest and we know what we'll get out of him. Barker would just be a dangerous experiment after how he played the last few seasons but could surprise people if he has stepped up his game.

#68 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:25 AM

^ Yeah there's always that. You get hit with a puck that hard it hurts like a b itch. lol

#69 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:21 AM

They play the Red Wings next. Barker will get the call as the D will need to stay mobile compared to the physicality that Alberts would offer some team like Anaheim or Boston

Barker ain't mobile, you will all see why this guy couldn't hold a spot with the Edmonton freakin Oilers for crying out loud.

Vandy and Alberts are far better options.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#70 The Sieve

The Sieve

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

Hate to see anyone on any team injured but this may be a blessing in disguise. Did you notice how the whole team's defense tightened up and played better positionally once KB3 left? He is getting beat like a traffic cone, makes too many stupid low percentage passes and is not the physical force he once was. Take a rest, watch from the press box and let some of the other guys who have been patiently waiting in the wings get their shot. I would go with whoever has the best physical game, especially being able to move those big Detroit forwards out from in front of the net.

#71 2009cupchamps

2009cupchamps

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

It all depends who can play th right side

#72 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

I guess Alberts would be next on the depth chart.

Unless Barker can somehow play the right-side effectively.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#73 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

Hate to see anyone on any team injured but this may be a blessing in disguise. Did you notice how the whole team's defense tightened up and played better positionally once KB3 left? He is getting beat like a traffic cone, makes too many stupid low percentage passes and is not the physical force he once was. Take a rest, watch from the press box and let some of the other guys who have been patiently waiting in the wings get their shot. I would go with whoever has the best physical game, especially being able to move those big Detroit forwards out from in front of the net.

Do you know that if not of KB3, there will at least be 2 more losses showing in our recrod. KB3 scored at least 2 HUGE last min goals to save the team from a loss already. KB3 is our MVP on defense.
I would not mind to see Garrison or Hammer to sit out a game and see what Barker and Vandermeer can do. Hammer looks lost and does not seem to know what to do with the puck in the offensive zone. Garrrison just sucks so far....

#74 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

I wish we could call up Corrado, he's a right handed shot and doing great in the OHL for Kitchener.

LOL
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#75 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,385 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

Do you know that if not of KB3, there will at least be 2 more losses showing in our recrod. KB3 scored at least 2 HUGE last min goals to save the team from a loss already. KB3 is our MVP on defense.
I would not mind to see Garrison or Hammer to sit out a game and see what Barker and Vandermeer can do. Hammer looks lost and does not seem to know what to do with the puck in the offensive zone. Garrrison just sucks so far....

LOL

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#76 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

Posted Image

#77 Duodenum

Duodenum

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,518 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

It'll be Alberts.

Alberts >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Barker
Posted ImagePosted Image

#78 Sestito29

Sestito29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

Barker is with the team not in the minors so waivers would not apply. Also there are no re-call waivers anymore so Vandy wouldn't have to clear.

#79 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,411 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

I would think Alberts goes in, although I feel bad for Barker (I made a thread showing my sympathy for Sulzer last year) as he just wasn't able to get his career back on track. Hopefully MG gives both guys tryout games.

Sulzer was impressive! I remember his first game he came in and played over 18 minutes and looked smooth. This season he leads Buffalo's D in both goals and +/-. An underrated bonus for Buffalo in that trade (I thought he won by getting an asset like Grags).

Vandermeer is by far my first choice. He is better offensively than Alberts, better defensively than Barker and is much tougher than both guys. Barker would be my second choice just because I am curious to see how bad he actually is. He did have 49 points in 85 games during the 08-09 season so he does have skill.
Sig too big.

#80 MikeyD

MikeyD

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,256 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

I think Alberts has improved a lot over the past couple years. He's actually pretty solid I don't know why everybody hates his simple game. Because he doesn't score points?

Posted Image

#81 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,827 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

Do you know that if not of KB3, there would be atleast 5 less goals scored against us!?!?!? and he wouldn't have to score those last minute goals if he wasn't always getting lost in the defensive zone and blowing leads.

Sit Hamuis? lol.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#82 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,518 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

Did i not already read Dan Murphy saying Alberts is in if Bieksa can't go.

#83 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

Rome

No.

Barker, perhaps.
Posted Image

#84 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

And the other d-men all get a free pass regardless to how they play.

Says the guy with the Edler sig...

#85 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

There is absolutely no way Barker should start over Alberts.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#86 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

I'd like to think that Barker would get a chance as his skill set most closely resembles that of KB3. If the Canucks were playing a more physical club, Alberts would step in. He still might as he has been with the club for parts of the last 4 seasons and is familiar with AV's system.

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#87 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,020 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

i like alberts cause he know the system.. and more physical.. but against a fast wings team, probably barker will be better choice..

#88 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

There is absolutely no way Barker should start over Alberts.

What can Alberts do that Barker does not do better? Barker is a 3rd rounder, Alberts? Barker won a cup....Alberts?

#89 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,782 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

If KB3 is going to miss some games....Who is his best replacement?

Posted Image

Edited by DarthNinja_S19Blade, 23 February 2013 - 06:10 PM.

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

11477626583_2368927097.jpg     49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.g   7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#90 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

Sulzer was impressive! I remember his first game he came in and played over 18 minutes and looked smooth. This season he leads Buffalo's D in both goals and +/-. An underrated bonus for Buffalo in that trade (I thought he won by getting an asset like Grags).

Vandermeer is by far my first choice. He is better offensively than Alberts, better defensively than Barker and is much tougher than both guys. Barker would be my second choice just because I am curious to see how bad he actually is. He did have 49 points in 85 games during the 08-09 season so he does have skill.

and now that 50 point D is now healthy and injury free and in the best shape of his life re-focused on hockey with something to prove.
We know what Alberts can bring, but i say lets see the new Barker. both guys need some games soon.

I think Alberts has improved a lot over the past couple years. He's actually pretty solid I don't know why everybody hates his simple game. Because he doesn't score points?

If he was nastier it would be much better.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.