The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Kesler out 4-6 weeks with a broken foot

-Vintage Canuck-

Why does cdc have so many dumb Canuck fan?

Ebbet is not replacing Kesler. Because he's injured, Ebbet will take that open roster spot, but we all know, Schroeders ice time will shoot up, technically speaking Schroeder is going to be replacing him, but Ebbet is just filling in for the open Roster. Bunch of dumb asses. I think we will be fine without Kesler. Our team is really not the same, we need a guy like Kesler, call him a diver or not. We need him. Tread deadline is also just 5 weeks away!. Wow

1) Because what we can get in return for him would benefit us more then keeping him

2) Yes the same pair who got Philly a tonne of young talent in return. The same pair who is in decline while locked up for a long term for a lot of money!

30 You are delusional my friend if you think the Canucks can win anything with this current core. Their lack of depth at centre is laughable! There is no way we beat Chicago in a 7 game series whether you like to admit it or not. And if somehow through divine intervention we do make it to the final, There is no way we are beating the likes of Pittsburgh, Boston, Philly or NYR.

We were better in 2011 when we failed to win then we are now

You have been an advocate of keeping Lou through the year.

Has this Kesler injury changed your mind, or is it something else?

Yuck, MacKinnon is going to be the biggest bust in NHL history, right up there with DiPietro. I'd take Jones, Drouin, and Barkov before him.

This team isn't going to rebuild, and if we do it's going to be on the fly, like Holmgren did last year, trade our proven mid to late 20 something top end players, Kesler, Edler, Schneider, Booth, and Bieksa for can't miss prospects and high picks. There is no way we pull an Edmonton and tank for a possible high pick, that might only excel 3 years down the road.

Anyways, guys stop panicking! Gillis will make a Luongo trade and fill that 2C void, hopefully before Sat.

I don't want Ebbett to take any roster spot. Not centre, not left wing, not right wing, not defence, not goalie. I want him as far from the team as possible because he's useless. He can't score, he can't hit, he can't pass, he just skates around and does nothing. With that said, everyone needs to dile it down a notch. This team is going to be fine without Kesler. We played well when he was gone before, didn't we? Kesler just needs to rest up, heal properly and not come rushing back like he's done previously. We don't need to blow up this team because we lost a player to injury. Come on CDC! Have faith in your team! :).

Back in university in the mid 90s I had a roommate from Ontario that was a diehard Red Wings fan that would drone on and on year after year about how they would never win a Cup with Yzerman as Captain because he wasn't a true leader. He thought they should blow the team up because they'd never win with that core.

You sound exactly the same to me.

Problem with Kesler/O'Reilly is they rely too much on hard-work for points. It can only take you so far. They lack natural talent to make their line-mates better.

Look at the forward core. Other then Sedins, everyone is a complementary player.

Can Burrows carry a line on his own? Higgins? Booth? Raymond? Hansen?

I don't think Kesler can either. O'Reilly would have a tough time working with our players too.

Canucks lack a natural skilled forward on the 2nd line. Look at Chicago

XXXXX-Toews-Hossa

Sharp-XXXXX-Kane

Two extremely skilled, talented players on the top two lines. Plug anyone you want, and you'll get production. Hence in their case, Saad and Bolland.

With the Canucks its basically...

Sedin-Sedin-XXXXX

XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Plug anyone with the Sedins, you get good production. But who's the 2nd line anchor?

Archived