The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Kesler out 4-6 weeks with a broken foot

-Vintage Canuck-

And our cap if it's an offer sheet? Who would you trade for O'Reilly that wouldn't leave holes elsewhere in our lineup?

I did mention a few others, even if it's a stop gap solution. Pinizzotto can play center but is just coming back from injury, Mallet, Friesen and Stefan Schneider our the options from the Wolves, and we could look at a UFA beyond Ebbett. Not great options, granted, but maybe a good stopgap until something else can be done.

Man. Kesler is worse than Salo ever was. Walking injury these days. Least this one doesn't recovery surgery, unless he's gonna end up like Forsberg. Ridiculous how much this guy ends up injured. Figures he has an amazing season then he'll be too injured to ever come close again.

I just don't think any of those guys are close to being ready and apparently neither do the coaches or we wouldn't be recalling Ebbett. Pinizzotto isn't really an option at centre. You know I've been beating the drum on Brule for awhile now and I still maintain that he's the best centre available out there unsigned.

I was thinking if we can unload Ballard and sign O'Reilly to Keith's current contract ($4.2 a year for 3 years) it could would. It also makes sense because we have the depth on D

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - O'Reilly - Higgins

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Pinizzotto - Lapierre - Kassian

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Alberts/Barker/Vandermeer - Tanev

Schneider

Luongo

I'd argue he hasn't been a bust since he is an NHL calibre player. 'Busts' are guys that don't even make it. Brule is simply an underachiever so far.

He's been able to play centre in the NHL while putting up 0.5 ppg and about 2 hits per game while playing decent defense in a 3rd line role. He's actually not bad at face-offs either.

He still has upside and has experience in this town. There's no guarantee that he'll work out long term but it's a reasonable gamble to make, IMHO.

Archived