#1 Vancouver Canucks 30

Vancouver Canucks 30

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

?

Edited by Vancouver Canucks 30, 06 March 2013 - 12:22 AM.

#2 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,411 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

The way Weiss is playing, we do not want him.

Subbancopy.jpg

#3 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

At this point I'd be fine with the Canucks bringing him in, we need a couple players to fill some holes.

I know he isn't playing well but a change of scenery?

Edited by Kass9, 27 February 2013 - 07:58 PM.

#4 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Dem rumourssssss

RIP LB RR PD

#5 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,194 posts

This guy can't escape the trade rumors, lol.

But his grandma just died. He was in Tor for her funeral - missed yesterdays game and likely tomorrows via Fialkov

Also, his underlying #'s are incredibly horrible this yr. Horrible. Wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole at this point. He's prob playing injured.

Edited by RunningWild, 27 February 2013 - 07:59 PM.

#6 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

His grandmother died. Have some respect

#7 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

POPULAR

No more Panthers please.

Edited by Where's Wellwood, 27 February 2013 - 08:12 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to khalifawiz501 for the sig.
My old sig: http://tinypic.com/v...=5#.UlSrrlAWJ7U

#8 Sanford

Sanford

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,422 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

Am I the only one here fed up with getting Panther players?

I mean

David Booth, Keith Ballard, and Jason Garrison earn a collective 13+ million dollar.... and they all have underperformed. NONE OF THEM have worked... In my opinion all three are overpaid overrated players...

NO MORE PANTHERS! What we don't need is another struggling Panther to take on. What are we a panther animal shelter?

No to Weiss.

Edited by Sanford, 27 February 2013 - 08:17 PM.

Posted Image

#9 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

what? a panther is available? well MG will be all over that

#10 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,001 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

No more Panthers, an I mean it.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#11 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

we should go Higgins and Ballard for Weiss.

Get rid of a net total of 1 panther- there is an improvement!!

#12 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 70,393 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

Vancouver Panthers.

307mg00.jpg

#13 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,215 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

Well Philadelphia just got Gagne for a 4th round pick. We all know how skilled and productive this guy is, but he had a slow start to the season so was traded for virtually nothing.

Maybe we can get Weiss for a 3rd?
Posted Image

#14 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

MG needs to do this for the love of god.

To FLA

Luongo
VAN 1st in 2013
Cannauton
Ballard

To VAN
Weiss
Gubranson
2013 first
Cap dump (upshall?)

very fair trade.

Gubranson is not going to be a franchise D man, he will be a very solid Right shot top 4 d man.
we upgrade their D and their goaltending, and we take weiss off their hands, which may help the mood of the dressing room, we give them an all star goalie who wants to play for them and we dont take too much of their future, we replace their first with ours, and we give them Cannauton who could become a PP quarter back in the right environment.
I'd even take a cap dump to even it up, for god sakes, were are getting Ballard and Luongo off our books, the least we could do is take a cap dump- like upshall.

#15 timberz21

timberz21

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

Not good enough for 13th place team. No thanks

We had our lesson with Ballard and Booth. At least they seemed to be in their primed when we got them, Weiss is on the downhill.

#16 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

Weiss is too small. he would be a sami pahlsson band aid at this point.

this team needs serious help and Weiss aint it.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#17 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,086 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

This guy can't escape the trade rumors, lol.

But his grandma just died. He was in Tor for her funeral - missed yesterdays game and likely tomorrows via Fialkov

Also, his underlying #'s are incredibly horrible this yr. Horrible. Wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole at this point. He's prob playing injured.

Tough to hear about his grandmother. That will certainly be a factor right now, but doesn't explain before unless she's been sick for some time. No one likes to hear about that.

I'm curious what you're referencing with his underlying numbers though. His Corsi is poor (16th on the Panthers out of 26 players) but his quality of competition is second highest. Some people don't like PDO much, but at .920, it's one of the lowest excluding players with 5 or less games played. That suggests he's had really bad luck and is due to improve a fair amount, possibly along with his possession numbers.

If it wasn't for him being due for a raise, he's a player I could see being useful. Even if he was signed just one more year before a raise, it'd help us get past the lowering cap in 2013/14 and see if the cap raises the year after.

We know they want Luongo and their goaltending hasn't been good. Theodore has been rumoured to not want a trade, perhaps particularly to the Canucks (perhaps because we're out West?), but might change his tune after being benched himself and is a UFA after this year. We'd certainly want something more in a young prospect and a possible conditional pick based on if either re-sign or not.

To Fla: Luongo, Gaunce
To Van: Weiss, Theodore, Bjugstad, conditional 1st

If both Weiss and Theodore re-sign, the pick gets dropped, but if neither do, it's a 1st. If one re-signs then it's a 3rd.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#18 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

Booth-Weiss-Horton was a great line in '08-'09.

Could Booth-Weiss-Kesler be, basically, the same thing?

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#19 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,086 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

Booth-Weiss-Horton was a great line in '08-'09.

Could Booth-Weiss-Kesler be, basically, the same thing?

That's what I'd aim for, and hope we could keep all three together through the cap drop next season.

While Kesler's out:
Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Weiss Kassian
Raymond Schroeder Hansen
Higgins Lapierre Weise
Volpatti, or possibly Pinizzotto as the 13th forward.

Edited by elvis15, 27 February 2013 - 09:31 PM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#20 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Sorry, we've reached our Panther quota. We would have to lose one to gain another.

#21 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,205 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

I disagree with y'all.
More Panthers please.
Luo, Higgy, Ballard, Jovo, Garrison... - bring us more o dat MG!
Having a hard time thinking of a deal with Florida that the Canucks lost actually.

As for Weiss - perhaps the Panthers are playing their part in his struggles / reaping what they sow there.
Gotta be on a shortlist of the best forwards in that franchise's history, with Bure, Jokinen, Melanby and Kozlov.
Hung up on contract negotiations - must have been difficult dealing with the 'thrifty' Panthers in the offseason... and now...
What have you done for us lately Weiss?
No captaincy for him - gave it to Jovo instead.
Injuries. Injuries to his linemates. Probably injuries to his enthusiasm to remain a Panther as well.

But not a very good fit for the Canucks....would prefer Goc and Shore in a deal.

#22 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

Am I the only one here fed up with getting Panther players?

I mean

David Booth, Keith Ballard, and Jason Garrison earn a collective 13+ million dollar.... and they all have underperformed. NONE OF THEM have worked... In my opinion all three are overpaid overrated players...

NO MORE PANTHERS! What we don't need is another struggling Panther to take on. What are we a panther animal shelter?

No to Weiss.

Uhhhh you forgot Luongo

but yea, I agree with your view on Booth and Ballard. Trade them both. Garrison is good though. His +/- is good, and he just isn't having luck on the PP, he needs a playmaking RH D-partner. Edler is a shoot-first d-man, and all our other d-man aren't really pure playmakers like Campbell. He'll find his scoring touch again, I'm confident
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#23 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

Put Weiss in lineup with Booth? :)
Posted Image

#24 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

That's what I'd aim for, and hope we could keep all three together through the cap drop next season.

While Kesler's out:
Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Weiss Kassian
Raymond Schroeder Hansen
Higgins Lapierre Weise
Volpatti, or possibly Pinizzotto as the 13th forward.

Hmmm, I think Booth-Weiss-Kassian would actually be more like Booth-Weiss-Horton than Booth-Weiss-Kesler would be. Something to consider for sure, even when Kesler is back.

Higgins has also been a good fit with Weiss, albeit for a short period of time, when Higgins-Weiss-Frolik was a line in '10-'11... is Higgins-Weiss-Raymond an equivalent?

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#25 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,428 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

The only Panther I want is Brian Campbell. If he's not coming, no more panthers please.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#26 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

I'm of the "buy low" camp, and (UNLESS it's a physical issue from which he won't recover fully for awhile) I don't think his value can get any lower (I'm sure if anyone's family suffered a recent loss their performance in whatever they do would go downhill).

I like how someone mentioned above the line of Booth - Weiss - Kesler (unless Booth can be swapped one-for-one for him, then I'd put Higgins on the left wing); this guy's still a solid player and center, and I'd rather have him there and setting up guys than Kes being selfish. I think Kes' time should be on the wing from now on, he's really brought down his linemates' play with his toe-drag, wrister from the slot routines. If both Kes and Booth had another play maker to play with they should flourish as shooters.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#27 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

Tough to hear about his grandmother. That will certainly be a factor right now, but doesn't explain before unless she's been sick for some time. No one likes to hear about that.

I'm curious what you're referencing with his underlying numbers though. His Corsi is poor (16th on the Panthers out of 26 players) but his quality of competition is second highest. Some people don't like PDO much, but at .920, it's one of the lowest excluding players with 5 or less games played. That suggests he's had really bad luck and is due to improve a fair amount, possibly along with his possession numbers.

If it wasn't for him being due for a raise, he's a player I could see being useful. Even if he was signed just one more year before a raise, it'd help us get past the lowering cap in 2013/14 and see if the cap raises the year after.

We know they want Luongo and their goaltending hasn't been good. Theodore has been rumoured to not want a trade, perhaps particularly to the Canucks (perhaps because we're out West?), but might change his tune after being benched himself and is a UFA after this year. We'd certainly want something more in a young prospect and a possible conditional pick based on if either re-sign or not.

To Fla: Luongo, Gaunce
To Van: Weiss, Theodore, Bjugstad, conditional 1st

If both Weiss and Theodore re-sign, the pick gets dropped, but if neither do, it's a 1st. If one re-signs then it's a 3rd.

do it MG, drool

#28 70seven

70seven

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

trade 1...

edler, booth, gaunce, 2nd
for
o'reilly, mcginn, elliott

trade2....

luongo, ballard
for
campbell, petrovic, matthias, clemmensen, 1st

sedin sedin burrows
mcginn o'reilly kassian
higgins kesler hansen
lapierre matthias weise

hamhuis bieksa
campbell tanev
garrison elliott/petrovic/alberts/barker/vandermeer

#29 BertuzziJr 2.0

BertuzziJr 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

If Weiss can be acquired for cheap I don't see why we wouldn't do it. If he is a former Carolina Hurricane would you guys care? Yes we have quite a few florida players but that should have no bearing on a potential trade. If he can step in an improve the offense (and defense) why the hell not. He's playing for a coach who hates him which should be considered before writing him of as washed up

#30 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

The only Panther I want is Brian Campbell. If he's not coming, no more panthers please.

Campbell's good, but his cap is just way over the top. I think he also has a NTC. :(
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.