The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Canucks claimed Tom Sestito

Heretic

There are a few factors here:

1.st MG didnt think V would be claimed from waivers and was planning to have him play more minutes in AHL - this backfired as there was interest by a few teams

2. two hours later they hear about Kesler's injury

3. luckily MG was able to pick up Sesisto to replace Volpatti

I think this was merely a gamble which turned out against MG so hopefully with a little salsa, CDC will forget about this.

What the blee[ is going on? Ebbett back down? I sense something's going to happen.

For the record, Siesto said he severely injured something in his leg in that fight w/ Kassian. He said it wasn't cause of Kassian, but it happened just prior to fight and why he couldn't defend himself.

I didn't get through the first page and came across this beauty. It's a little early in the day to be drinking, no? Sit Edler for Vandemeer.....hmmmm. Never played the game besides your Xbox I guess.

Give your head a shake, fans. These threads and posts are getting more absurd every day.

Was writing about your one statemen about other people (seem to think just because he's big, he's going to change the dynamics of this team) I talking about the fans that saw Volpatti as an impact player and I believe Sestito will be more of an impact(on a small scale), I agree we will have to wait and see, but the potential is there for Sestito than Volpatti.

As for hockeyfights.com that place is a joke they have Winchester as winning his fight against Patti, so you should take records on there with a pretty large grain of salt.

I YouTubed about 4 of em and there was nothing overly impressive there. As for making a sweeping statement what about everyone claiming this is a huge upgrade, wouldn't that fall under the same category?

We would have kept Volpatti if Keslers CT scan came back 2 hrs earlier btw. So it's not like Gillis was ever contemplating getting Tom until after Patti was gone. That should say Gillis probably isn't see him as an upgrade

Oh man, some posters are just proving that they'll whine about anything.

The same people that were calling for more toughness are now complaining about this? Give me a break.

This guy is an upgrade over Volpatti in the toughness department. Volpatti had some good fights, but he wasn't a great fighter, and he picked easier guys to fight. Sestito will drop the gloves with the big guys. And of course this guy is a plug, so was Volpatti. What do you think tough guys are?

Archived