Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mainly Mattias

Lurker or poster?

Lurker or Poster?   48 members have voted

1. 1. I am predominantly a:

• Lurker: 0-3 posts per month
    • Poster: 3+ posts per month

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

45 posts in this topic

Lurk, lurker, or lurking may refer to: Lurker, a person who often reads discussions on internet networks but seldom contributes to them.

Are you a lurker or a poster?

Lurker: How long have you been lurking and why aren't you posting?

Poster: How long did you lurk before becoming a poster and why did you start posting more?

When I first the forums I was totally a Lurker but over the last few months I have started to post more and more. I think I just needed to feel comfortable here more before I could post.

This philosophy is simply an "age" issue. If you are younger, say, 20's or below, you feel it's so essential to throw in yer 2 cents. As a generation passes, & you reach late 30's/ 40's(myself), you may be content to sit back a bit, & sift through the exuberant youthful opinions...

I find reading here I tend to get important info on the team as it happens. Some posters are quite well-informed & insightful; it's often enjoyable to read their info, predictions & expectations. I should stipulate in a former life I panned for gold up in the hearty Yukon.

Started as a frequent poster, now I consider myself to be more of a lurker.

I'm more of a creeper, but okay.

Poser. Lurker. Poster. Loser. Homer. Take your pick. I'm all of the above and then some.

I lurk and then I pounce. I mean post.

I lurked for a little while but it wasn't long before I was compelled to chime in.

I used to post a ton when I first signed up for CDC.

Lately I've started posting a lot less. Just getting tired of some of the ridiculousness on this board. Sometime it's just not worth it. Can't even read some threads there is so much drivel...

When I'm not on a better website, I'm posting here.

I don't post often, but when I do...

dosequisman.jpg

... it's usually misinformative, useless drivel.

I post often

I was a poster at first, then I turned more into a lurker. I've been posting more lately (outside of fantasy)

I've always been a fairly consistent poster since I signed up, which is odd considering I usually just lurk in other places.

Lurked the forums for years until I finally made an account, and then posted a crap-ton. Now, I don't post much, but according to your criteria, I would still be considered a poster.

:mellow:

The funny thing is the lurkers will never reply in this thread, so the premise of the OP is a bit flawed haha.

If you guys don't think that there are a lot of lurkers, take a look (at any time) how many guests are viewing rhe board compared to registered users.

Kind of creeps me out.

Poser. Lurker. Poster. Loser. Homer. Take your pick. I'm all of the above and then some.

I lurk and then I pounce. I mean post.

As soon as I got an account I became a poster.

Before that I was a lurker.