The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cody Hodgson with the goal of the year?

Alright his first 3 years.

We have already established this.

Cody Hodgson is having half a season of great offensive hockey. While being lackluster everywhere else, and suddenly people are comparing him to Henrik Sedin.

I would like to see Cody hit 70 points in a year before I am comfortable comparing him to an Art Ross winner, Hart Winner, and the all time leading scorer in Canucks history.

And I think we can already establish who had the greater character, seen as at the same age Henrik and Daniel cold have quit on the team like Cody did, but chose not too and now look at them.

And yes I consider them tougher cause they take so much abuse and do nothing but play throught it and continue on as the go-to guys on the team.

And while we are at the small sample size predictions. Jordan Schroeder is having a better first taste in the NHL than Cody Hodgson. I don't see anyone making a case Schroeder will be as good or better than Cody Hodgson.

Lets just cool it, cause right now. Henrik > Cody and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Alright his first 3 years.

We have already established this.

Cody Hodgson is having half a season of great offensive hockey. While being lackluster everywhere else, and suddenly people are comparing him to Henrik Sedin.

I would like to see Cody hit 70 points in a year before I am comfortable comparing him to an Art Ross winner, Hart Winner, and the all time leading scorer in Canucks history.

And I think we can already establish who had the greater character, seen as at the same age Henrik and Daniel cold have quit on the team like Cody did, but chose not too and now look at them.

And yes I consider them tougher cause they take so much abuse and do nothing but play throught it and continue on as the go-to guys on the team.

And while we are at the small sample size predictions. Jordan Schroeder is having a better first taste in the NHL than Cody Hodgson. I don't see anyone making a case Schroeder will be as good or better than Cody Hodgson.

Lets just cool it, cause right now. Henrik > Cody and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Gillis has done nothing but harm this franchise over the past couple of seasons.

Ballard: Paid 4.2mil a year to sit in the press box.

Booth: Paid 4.25mil a year to sit at home, and when he is playing, he sucks.

Garrison: Paid 4.6mil to be a 1mil defenceman.

Grabner has more goals than all our players, and has a great cap at 3mil per.

Forcing Manny to retire.

Inability to find a new defensive coach, and PP coach, even with all the struggles, in recent years.

Handing NTC's like it's candy.

Letting Ehrhoff, and Salo go.

Hodgson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Schroeder > Kass.

Talked down to Hodgson, after the trade.

Claiming a Lu trade was iminent, but nothing ever came to fruition.

etc

Gillis has done nothing but harm this franchise over the past couple of seasons.

Forcing Manny to retire.

Inability to find a new defensive coach, and PP coach, even with all the struggles, in recent years.

etc

Yeah signing the Sedins at 6.1

Kesler at 5

Edler at 5

Hansen at 1.3

Trading for Ehrhoff

Signing Demitra

Signing Sundin

Signing Hamhuis

Signing Garrison

Signing Manny

Winning GM of the year

Winning the division every year despite being labelled a lottery team at the beginning of his tenure.

Going to the cup final

exc.

Just a terrible GM all round.

K, but a large majortiy of things that Gillis has done in the past two seasons have left us squandering for the future. We'll just end up like Calgary if he continues to do what he's done in the past two seasons.

And no, Garrison is not playing like a 4.6mil defenceman. He's slow, and can't handle the puck. While Edler only shows up in a select few, while looking confused in all the others.

Thats why we shouldn't trade Schroeder, or Draft picks. I think he has done well enough drafting in recent years (judging by where we have picked and the picks we have had) that we won't be like them.

And I guess I disagree on Garrison, he is leading the D in +/- and has been a great addition.

Heard on either Sportsnet or TSN (I forget) that Gillis is willing to trade our first rounder, and if true, it baffles me. I personally think our prospect pool is incredibley dry. Schroeder, and Kassian, to me are very risky projects. Same could be said about Jensen, and Gaunce.

Kronwall in Detroit is a -5, does that make him poor defensively? Suter is a -2. Entsrom is a -3.

I just hope Gillis can aquire blue chip prospects in the Lu/Cory trade. If he succeeds, then I'll be less judgemental of him...

Forcing Manny to retire.

etc

I don't care, the Sedins were developing players who took there time, and paid there dues. And they have been rewarded for it. Cody hasn't and won't be rewarded for it like the Twins have been.

Lets be honest here. The Sedins have an opportunity to be HOF players, and will go down probably as the greatest players in Canucks history.

They carried an entire franchise on there back with nothing but success, character, and humilty.

Cody will a very good offensive player, but I don't think he will be a special player like the Sedins are.

Looking at that draft, Cody was a great pick at the time, and is panning out to be EXTREMELY effective moving forward. He was set back over a year because of his back injury... but I'd say he's the best pick behind

Stamkos picked #1

Doughty picked #2

Pietrangelo picked #4

Karlsson picked #15

Eberle picked #22

In fact the only two players picked after him that I'd take over him are Eberle and Karlsson.

Boedker, Bailey, FIlatov, Schenn, Bogosian, Wilson are all not as adapted to NHL play as Hodgson, and were all taken above him

Archived