The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Are Flyers and Canucks perfetc trade partners?

I was thinking Philly would be an excellent trade partner. Scott Laughton was very impressive in his call up and he looks to be ready for 3rd line center duties. B. Schenn has performed admirably as a second line center and Giroux is Giroux. That leaves... Coutourier!

Luongo for Coutourier

Pluses on either side if necessary. Of course I'd rather we keep Luongo and this deal happen in the off-season.

This is awesome youth injection. Jensen, Kassian, Coutourier, Schroeder and Gaunce going forward would be absolutely awesome.

They are far from perfect, No way Snider drops 34.5 mil to buy out bryz thats absolutely crazy to think they would. He may love hockey and want to win but he likes money a whole lot more. Just because the guys rich doesn't mean he would be willing to throw away cash. Beside Philly has had more problems than jus goaltending this year. Its not like he's the only thing keeping the team from winning the cup.

They are far from perfect, No way Snider drops 34.5 mil to buy out bryz thats absolutely crazy to think they would. He may love hockey and want to win but he likes money a whole lot more. Just because the guys rich doesn't mean he would be willing to throw away cash. Beside Philly has had more problems than jus goaltending this year. Its not like he's the only thing keeping the team from winning the cup.

You don't have to pay the full amount for a buyout.

For Bryzgalov's contract a buyout would cost 2/3 of the remaining salary spread over twice the remaining term.

Therefore it would cost Snyder 23 million over the next 14 years. Which for him is peanuts. And if he believes a player is a weak link and hurting his teams chances to win, I'm sure he'll have no hesitation to cut him loose.

i could see a potential deal here, but i think as others have suggested, Edler would be of the most interest to Philly, and I would be willing to deal if the return was solid.

If we were to trade them Edler, we'd need B. Schenn or Couturier back in the deal, and preferably along with a d-man.

My deal:

Edler, Schroeder

for

Couturier, Coburn/Grossmann

I still think that the Canucks have a better chance of making a deal with the TML.

Luongo, Schroeder

for

Bozak, Gardiner

i could see a potential deal here, but i think as others have suggested, Edler would be of the most interest to Philly, and I would be willing to deal if the return was solid.

If we were to trade them Edler, we'd need B. Schenn or Couturier back in the deal, and preferably along with a d-man.

My deal:

Edler, Schroeder

for

Couturier, Coburn/Grossmann

I still think that the Canucks have a better chance of making a deal with the TML.

Luongo, Schroeder

for

Bozak, Gardiner

You don't have to pay the full amount for a buyout.

For Bryzgalov's contract a buyout would cost 2/3 of the remaining salary spread over twice the remaining term.

Therefore it would cost Snyder 23 million over the next 14 years. Which for him is peanuts. And if he believes a player is a weak link and hurting his teams chances to win, I'm sure he'll have no hesitation to cut him loose.

Archived