The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Shootouts are like...

tigbond

...football ties being decided by the quarterbacks throwing balls through tires.

I think we can all agree that shootouts are ridiculous. But since we're stuck with them and the NHL continues to make awesome rule changes that are ruining the game without any regard to people who actually love the game, let's have some fun by making comparisons. "Shootouts are like..."

Add your analogy below :)

Call me old school but between the Raymond spin o rama (yes I know it was a big goal) and the Daugavins weirdo attempt, I'm hating shootouts more and more everyday. They're showboaty and flashy. And it's so lame when the last 2 minutes of OT are spent with both teams just trying to run out the clock. Take away the SO and there will be a mad dash by both teams to score in OT. Will make for some great hockey.

Call me old school but between the Raymond spin o rama (yes I know it was a big goal) and the Daugavins weirdo attempt, I'm hating shootouts more and more everyday. They're showboaty and flashy. And it's so lame when the last 2 minutes of OT are spent with both teams just trying to run out the clock. Take away the SO and there will be a mad dash by both teams to score in OT. Will make for some great hockey.

Maybe shootouts should be like that old McDonald's commercial with Bird & Jordan playing a game of Horse, trying to one-up each other with each shot.

Each shot gets called in advance and then both shooters go at the same time. First one to score when the other didn't wins.

Still a stupid skills competition, but at least a more entertaining one!

Archived