#1 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

Florida Panthers@FlaPanthers

The #FlaPanthers have acquired d-man TJ Brennan from the @BuffaloSabres for a 5th round pick (2013). MORE: http://ow.ly/j18NU

#2 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

POPULAR

who cares

#3 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,254 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

Steal of a deal for Florida - former 2nd round pick, who hasn't been given a full time shot.
Posted Image

#4 Honeydews

Honeydews

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

lame
Posted ImagePosted Image
Credit to pwnstar for this amazing kesler sig :)

#5 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

who cares

Buffalo fans, Florida fans, hockey fans in general, people who like Brennan, etc.

#6 OurTimeToShine

OurTimeToShine

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,616 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

Brennan is actually a decent player, nice deal for FLA

hsrnnl.jpg

Thanks -Vintage Canuck-!!!

#7 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,892 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

Decent pick up by Florida

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#8 MayRayDown

MayRayDown

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

blockbuster

#9 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,350 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

Buffalo appears to be positioning themselves for a major move or two ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#10 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,774 posts

I thought he'd be worth a 3rd. good deal.
Posted Image
Thank you VC!

#11 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,087 posts

Certainly a better player than most 5th rounders end up being.
Posted Image

#12 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

Buffalo appears to be positioning themselves for a major move or two ..

Nah, not yet. Have players preparing to return from injury and such - have to clear roster space.

#13 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,091 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

He has a good shot but that's about it. Hasn't been good offensively or defensively at the highest level. Played several games on the first PP unit too and didn't do much. He's still young though so who knows.

#14 Watermelon

Watermelon

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

I guess Sabers are trying to free up some room for Ballard.
Posted Image

#15 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,211 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

who cares

This.

At least put who got traded in the title so I don't have to click the title to see some AHL'ers got traded.

Edited by -Vintage Canuck-, 15 March 2013 - 06:22 PM.

307mg00.jpg

#16 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,923 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

There was sure a lot of hype around Brennan earlier this year - point a game AHL defenseman - not much patience I suppose. 10 games in the NHL...and dumped for a 5th. Strange organization the Sabres are.
Tallon replaces Ellerby...

#17 SabreFan1

SabreFan1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

There was sure a lot of hype around Brennan earlier this year - point a game AHL defenseman - not much patience I suppose. 10 games in the NHL...and dumped for a 5th. Strange organization the Sabres are.
Tallon replaces Ellerby...

Last year he was a non-factor in the NHL. This year as well, but trading a high second round pick for a fifth round pick is just incredibly idiotic. The problem that Regier was facing is that if he tried to send Brennan back to Rochester in the AHL, then Brennan would have had to clear waivers. Since that wasn't going to happen, Regier dealt him to the Panthers. I have a hard time believing that out of 29 teams the best that Regier was able to get was a lower round draft pick. Regier needs to go. If you guys need an assistant GM, maybe Ted Black would be willing to give him to the Canucks for a large bag of pucks. Any takers?

CDC_Banner.jpg     #23 - Buffalo's New Generation!

#18 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,923 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

Last year he was a non-factor in the NHL. This year as well, but trading a high second round pick for a fifth round pick is just incredibly idiotic. The problem that Regier was facing is that if he tried to send Brennan back to Rochester in the AHL, then Brennan would have had to clear waivers. Since that wasn't going to happen, Regier dealt him to the Panthers. I have a hard time believing that out of 29 teams the best that Regier was able to get was a lower round draft pick. Regier needs to go. If you guys need an assistant GM, maybe Ted Black would be willing to give him to the Canucks for a large bag of pucks. Any takers?

Sorry SabresFan1 - of all the GMs in the NHL, probably the only guy I'd trust less with my team is Jay Feaster. Of all the stupid moves Regier has made, imo it was all topped off when he fired Ruff. It would take a magician to make a playoff team out of that roster - I thought that was a cheap, desperate move by Regier. I agree with you - his own resignation would have been a more appropriate outcome.
The Sabres are going nowhere fast, Regehr, Leopold and Sulzer are all UFAs - I'm not sure why they couldn't have just scratched Brennan as opposed to either waive or dump him (isn't Sulzer on IR?). As it stands he was picked up by Tallon, who already has as much young talent on the blueline as anyone...I find that interesting.

#19 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,786 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:17 AM

nice pick for florida..he will get more icetime there

#20 SabreFan1

SabreFan1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:27 AM

Sorry SabresFan1 - of all the GMs in the NHL, probably the only guy I'd trust less with my team is Jay Feaster. Of all the stupid moves Regier has made, imo it was all topped off when he fired Ruff. It would take a magician to make a playoff team out of that roster - I thought that was a cheap, desperate move by Regier. I agree with you - his own resignation would have been a more appropriate outcome.
The Sabres are going nowhere fast, Regehr, Leopold and Sulzer are all UFAs - I'm not sure why they couldn't have just scratched Brennan as opposed to either waive or dump him (isn't Sulzer on IR?). As it stands he was picked up by Tallon, who already has as much young talent on the blueline as anyone...I find that interesting.

Yep. He just had surgery to repair a torn knee ligament. He's out for the season. The Sabres will re-sign him though. He's a pretty darn good D-man. It's a shame that the Canucks had no room for him.

CDC_Banner.jpg     #23 - Buffalo's New Generation!

#21 bd71

bd71

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:31 AM

I agree with you on most points here. As a Sabres fan I constantly shake my head at some of Darcy's moves but Lindy had to go as well. He had been there too long. But for every Rieger head scratcher he will pull off a move like the Hodgson deal or Guastad for a first! He confounds me because one day he is a genius and another he signs Ville Leino to a ridiculous contract. And matching Vanek has to be one of the dumbest moves in NHL history. Vanek is great but that return would have been franchise changing.

And Brennan really isn't NHL calibre at this point. After 5 years he needs a change of scenery. Are AHL D really going for more than 5th round picks?

#22 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,254 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

Brennan with a goal and 17+ minutes of icetime (with 12 minutes remaining in the third)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.