The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] FLA - BUF

There was sure a lot of hype around Brennan earlier this year - point a game AHL defenseman - not much patience I suppose. 10 games in the NHL...and dumped for a 5th. Strange organization the Sabres are.

Tallon replaces Ellerby...

Last year he was a non-factor in the NHL. This year as well, but trading a high second round pick for a fifth round pick is just incredibly idiotic. The problem that Regier was facing is that if he tried to send Brennan back to Rochester in the AHL, then Brennan would have had to clear waivers. Since that wasn't going to happen, Regier dealt him to the Panthers. I have a hard time believing that out of 29 teams the best that Regier was able to get was a lower round draft pick. Regier needs to go. If you guys need an assistant GM, maybe Ted Black would be willing to give him to the Canucks for a large bag of pucks. Any takers?

Sorry SabresFan1 - of all the GMs in the NHL, probably the only guy I'd trust less with my team is Jay Feaster. Of all the stupid moves Regier has made, imo it was all topped off when he fired Ruff. It would take a magician to make a playoff team out of that roster - I thought that was a cheap, desperate move by Regier. I agree with you - his own resignation would have been a more appropriate outcome.

The Sabres are going nowhere fast, Regehr, Leopold and Sulzer are all UFAs - I'm not sure why they couldn't have just scratched Brennan as opposed to either waive or dump him (isn't Sulzer on IR?). As it stands he was picked up by Tallon, who already has as much young talent on the blueline as anyone...I find that interesting.

Archived