#151 VancouverCanucksRock

VancouverCanucksRock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:38 AM

No, it's kinda pathetic...whatevs, though

Don't think it matters what someone who says "Whatevs" thinks. What complainers..... oh no, he said "B-LOSE"!!! So frickin disrespectful!! B) Good thing you can't hear half the things the players say on the bench/ice
Posted Image WHen idiots think numbers are words, I do believe in 2012 for cleansing Earth of the idiots

#152 freeway

freeway

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:48 AM

Exactly. Does complaining about every aspect of their game win or lose make them play better?

If anything, the negativity surrounding this team just makes them seem to play worse.

Everyone's got concerns about this team, we don't need to analyze their weaknesses night in and night out though. That's Gillis and AV's job. It's our job as fans to cheer them on and hope for the best.

Wow I was under the impression it was every consumers right, duty and responsibility to hold all companies accountable for the product they sell . Yes the Canucks are selling a product here . 18620 plus people tonight bought the right to criticize what they feel might be sub-par product .

How about somebody who spends 12 g on a set of seasons tickets does he not have a right to complain ? Because the way I see it they have paid for that right as well as the right to not have to listen to you whine about the whining they are doing .

The bent over and take it attitude may work in your life but it will never be part of mine .
Would you spend money on a car and not complain if it broke down ?

Usually I find what you have to say informative and rational but in this instance I feel you could not be more wrong .
Nothing personal chief just my opinion , cheers

#153 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,659 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:53 AM

Wow I was under the impression it was every consumers right, duty and responsibility to hold all companies accountable for the product they sell . Yes the Canucks are selling a product here . 18620 plus people tonight bought the right to criticize what they feel might be sub-par product .

How about somebody who spends 12 g on a set of seasons tickets does he not have a right to complain ? Because the way I see it they have paid for that right as well as the right to not have to listen to you whine about the whining they are doing .

The bent over and take it attitude may work in your life but it will never be part of mine .

Usually I find what you have to say informative and rational but in this instance I feel you could not be more wrong .

Except management doesn't read these forums unfortunately. ;)

So you're basically ranting to other fans who are just as frustrated.

All it does is make this place a place full of whiners and negative energy. I'd rather take the positives where I can.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#154 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

Ugly win? In what way? Every goal scored by us tonight was great.

because we got outshot 15-3 in the 1st and 13-2 in the 3rd and almost blew a 3-0 lead

Edited by Primus099, 20 March 2013 - 12:55 AM.

#155 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,366 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

lol uhhh car = necessity....Canucks = entertainment. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't pay thousands of dollars to bitch and moan when I can do that for free. People around here really seem to forget that it's just a game.
Posted Image

#156 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:36 AM

Great game except the third period. Wow they cannot hold the three goal lead and expect no pushback, great saves by Schneider throughout the game. Danny with the dangle, who does he think is, Datsyuk??? Awesome sauce. Hansen is Mr. Consistent!!

#157 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:40 AM

I was at this game and with my dumb non-luck, all five goals happened on the other side of the rink!!!

#158 ~AngelBelle~

~AngelBelle~

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:49 AM

+1 to the god of faceoffs (read:malhotra) for contributing to the team w/o playing on it. the faceoffs have improved TREMENDOUSLY compared to the last game

#159 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,659 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:57 AM

POPULAR

Any coach with a clue, would not put Edler and Bieksa together.

Hamhuis and Bieksa is a proven duo. Just stick with that and let them work it out.

Ballard and Tanev are a proven duo. Leave those two together.

Garrison and Edler have to work, otherwise we need to sit Edler, or go and acquire another defenseman for him to play with. Playing D-men on their offsides or with partners they have no chemistry with is just going to screw up the entire system. Of course AV likely just blames Ballard for our D problems.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#160 CaNuCk_in_NzL

CaNuCk_in_NzL

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:16 AM

Good game, not great but 2 points is something. Sedins looking a bit more confident too. I am amused that this time yesterday the PGT was at like page 15 when we lose. Today page 6. Goes to show what kind of fans frequent CDC.

Posted Image

#161 Canuck_Inferno

Canuck_Inferno

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:11 AM

Wow, they won. Maybe I should miss more games.

#162 Canuck_Inferno

Canuck_Inferno

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:14 AM

lol uhhh car = necessity....Canucks = entertainment. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't pay thousands of dollars to bitch and moan when I can do that for free. People around here really seem to forget that it's just a game.

I'll argue that people should get quality for what they pay, and lately the Canucks haven't been playing what many would call quality hockey. But I agree with your point about bitching for free as opposed to paying to bitch.

#163 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:22 AM

good game by schneider keep playing him till he loses and then rotate should just be that way till the rest of the season ~~

#164 rkoshack

rkoshack

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:50 AM

#35 With a Stellar preformence.

Posted Image

Nuff Said

What a difference when your team actually scores goals. If it was Luongo in net people would be talking about how he almost choked.

#165 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:54 AM

Does anybody seriously think we sat on a lead?

In a game where we were lucky not to concede at least 2 in the first period we had a purple patch in the 2nd where we at last got a break in front of goal and then our luck ran out in the 3rd where the Blues got what they were due.......but not all of it.

We have got to be happy with any win just now until we finally get our ducks in a row........nopefully before the playoffs.
Back to being bailed out by our goalie and still no sign of action from MG.
Kevin.jpg

#166 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,086 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:20 AM

Is it just me or is Daniel one point behind tying naslund for points?

Unless wiki updated already and i just added more points on top of that.

Edited by Monteeun, 20 March 2013 - 05:22 AM.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#167 AllEyezOnMe

AllEyezOnMe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:24 AM

B-LOSE vs CASUCKS

#168 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:10 AM

Much better effort tonight by the whole team. Nice to see. I can stomach losses where honest effort is shown, so its nice to see the boys get their reward.

We sat back in the third but we were also coming off a game the night before. People need to keep the perspective that both the Blues goals were about as fluky as they get so I don't think the third was as bad as most think...it does stand to show that we need a tougher, big bodied dman capable of 16-18 mins box out the opposition fwds so those deflections don't happen. Last nights d lineup isn't built that way. That's trouble in a series as most goals are scored exactly like the Blues two from last night.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#169 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,058 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

In a game where we were lucky not to concede at least 2 in the first period we had a purple patch in the 2nd where we at last got a break in front of goal and then our luck ran out in the 3rd where the Blues got what they were due.......but not all of it.

We have got to be happy with any win just now until we finally get our ducks in a row........nopefully before the playoffs.

Yes, take the 2 points and get on the road asap. St. Louis lost that game Van didn't win it. Going into a 3rd period up 3 goals and playing anything but a shutdown game is foolish IMO. The problem is Van doesn't have a shutdown game. Van d-men were following the play into the ozone late in the 3rd. Very lucky they didn't get caught on 2:1 and 3:2 breaks, especially Edler.

DeNiro was saying something about AV blaming Ballard for d-zone coverage. I was actually surprised he was back in after the Minny game. More laughable was the game sheet that charged him for 1 turnover. Who are they kidding. I have to assume they want him playing into the trade deadline in hopes of moving him.

If this was a transition roster I would be more positive about last night. But this is supposed to be a upper echolon CUP contending team. It isn't even close. Maybe AV has some pixie dust he can use but unless Gillis makes a significant deal Van will be out in the 1st round if they make it to playoffs.

#170 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:03 AM

LOL

What's so funny?

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#171 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

Ballard and Tanev are a proven duo. Leave those two together.

Garrison and Edler have to work, otherwise we need to sit Edler, or go and acquire another defenseman for him to play with. Playing D-men on their offsides or with partners they have no chemistry with is just going to screw up the entire system. Of course AV likely just blames Ballard for our D problems.

I'd rather see Tanev with Edler. Tanev, a calm, steady, reliable defenceman is exatly what Edler needs.

Personally I'd have the D lines as:

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Tanev
Garrison - Ballard

Granted Garrison is on the third paring but I'd also have him on the PP:

Edler - Garrison

Just like when he was in Florida with Campbell and scored 16 goals.

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 20 March 2013 - 08:33 AM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#172 The-Impersonator

The-Impersonator

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:44 AM

Give Schroeder some good minutes with decent speedy players and he plays well.....hmmmmm.....there's a concept! Don't let him waste on the 4th line!

#173 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

Schroeder looked good! Looks like he's found his confidence again. Good, because I really like him!

And Schneider looked great. Easily the best goalie performance we've seen in a while from either.
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#174 centurion

centurion

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

Give Schroeder some good minutes with decent speedy players and he plays well.....hmmmmm.....there's a concept! Don't let him waste on the 4th line!

Exactly, I don't know why it took AV so long to f***in figure that out.

#175 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,366 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

I'll argue that people should get quality for what they pay, and lately the Canucks haven't been playing what many would call quality hockey. But I agree with your point about bitching for free as opposed to paying to bitch.

That's the gamble involved with buying sports tickets...everyone should know that going in. And if paying thousands of dollars turns you into a miserable, sore-losing spazz...than I'd suggest it's time to reassess your entertainment dollars. Theres hundreds more people on wait lists that would love to just be in the building.
Posted Image

#176 brownky

brownky

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

You can see it, I can see it, the whole world can see it.

Except AV. He can't see it. He can't see anything over the size of his own ego. It's easy to protect a fragile ego when you can throw your problems onto someone else all the time.

Ballard is a 4.2 million scapegoat for coaching and management. That's his 'actual' role on the team. The defenceman part is just value-add. I don't actually fault him for the Minny goal; Tanev committed to the play of trying to knock his man off the puck. He made contact, just didn't knock his guy over - that guy who then scored when Ballard was forced into playing the 2 on 1. Ballard didn't particularly effectively play the 2 on 1, but given the time and space on that play, it was pretty damn quick. He should have then moved to take the man instead of the carrier, but it's neither here nor there - he shouldn't have had to make the decision in the first place. Tanev missed his guy on the knock down. It's lousy, but it happens.

As for Schroeder, wasn't his line screaming to start the year. Wasn't it Raymond Schroeder Hansen or Higgins or something? They were on fire. Fast fast line with hands.

#177 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:16 AM

You can see it, I can see it, the whole world can see it.

Except AV. He can't see it. He can't see anything over the size of his own ego. It's easy to protect a fragile ego when you can throw your problems onto someone else all the time.

Ballard is a 4.2 million scapegoat for coaching and management. That's his 'actual' role on the team. The defenceman part is just value-add. I don't actually fault him for the Minny goal; Tanev committed to the play of trying to knock his man off the puck. He made contact, just didn't knock his guy over - that guy who then scored when Ballard was forced into playing the 2 on 1. Ballard didn't particularly effectively play the 2 on 1, but given the time and space on that play, it was pretty damn quick. He should have then moved to take the man instead of the carrier, but it's neither here nor there - he shouldn't have had to make the decision in the first place. Tanev missed his guy on the knock down. It's lousy, but it happens.

As for Schroeder, wasn't his line screaming to start the year. Wasn't it Raymond Schroeder Hansen or Higgins or something? They were on fire. Fast fast line with hands.

Yes, I found it strange that Schroeder looked better playing with Mayray and Hansen. That's surprising for a 4th line grinder...

It's funny, EVERYONE except the AV lovers understood that Schroeder did not belong on a line with Sestito and Weise. he may not be able to keep up production on the 2nd or 3rd line but at least give the guy a chance to play his game and not some goon's role. If he fails while in an offensive role then send him back to Chi so he can get some top line minutes...

#178 PLOGUE

PLOGUE

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

Would rather have seen the loss the Canucks deserved. Cory Schneider won this game. Twenty minutes was all the rest of the Canucks played. Terrible display, no heart, no drive, no determination, but now we get to hear how hard the battled and how this was a positive.

This team is still lacking what every good playoff team lives off of. HEART.
QUOTE (ephysdad @ Oct 26 2008, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or then of course there's always the Ferry

Also,
I'm putting together a list of the criteria to be a "real" Canuck's fan. So far I have this:

1. I cheer for the Canucks, whatever happens.
2. I never say anything bad about the Canucks.
3. I know the difference between "real" fans and posers just by how they post on the CDC or where they sit at GM Place.
4. I wouldn't dream of leaving a game before it ended, even if it meant missing a train, ferry or a threesome with the wife and her hot best friend?
5. I make 10+ posts a day and I have over 10,000 posts on the CDC, so my Canuck "street-cred" is huge. Go away noob!
6. No one F's with me. I train in MMA. I'm really tough. I'll curb stomp yo' donkey.
7. I make a tonne of $$$$.
8. I'm witty.
9. If it meant missing a game, I wouldn't study for a midterm.
10. I roll with a guy who has a wicked car.
11. I like to post "source?" a lot.

#179 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

So true. It's obvious the current lineup isn't good enough to go anywhere in the playoffs. A healthy Kes (and Booth if possible) plus a decent trade or two will make a huge difference. Until that happens, the team needs to eek out whatever W they can.

On a brighter note, it sure is nice to see Schneids playing so well. Hopefully he has found his form now and will continue with the great play.

I was also impressed with Schroeder -he is a great play maker and passer. His speed should keep him out of trouble with the more physical teams. I still think they need to start transitioning him over to the wing. Just don't see him as a 3rd line C.

Daniel seemed to have more 'jump' last night.

Didn't notice Higgins at all, which is unusual. Hope he's okay.

Gotta love Hansen. Can you imagine if he had Burrow's hands?

Nice to see Weise get a goal. Kind of reminds me of Hansen years ago.

#180 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

Yes, enjoying a win and not taking this game too seriously is whats wrong with Canucks fans. :lol:

Ignore him the only time he will be happy is if they fire AV/Gillis and bring back Burke. Bunch of them on here still have their panties in a wad over Burkie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.