The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thoughts So Far on Steve Pinizotto?

Angry Goose

Pinizzotto

No one wants to spell this guys name including me. Not one post contained his name spelled out on the second page of the posts. Teachers must have hated it.

He's been ok, not really impressive but not really bad or anything. Average depth guy with toughness. He's had a tough go so if this is his worst I'm guessing his best we've yet to see.

He must be pretty highly touted as a great 4th liner for us going forward if we waived Volpatti just to activate him. Patti was playing great in that role so that tells me they felt pinni will eventually be better than that. You don't throw a guy away like that just to see if Pinnizotto is a good player, they must have seen some outstanding games on the farm from him to take the risk.

I'd never heard of him till we signed him but if my memory serves me correct he was one of those guys gillis said we've had our eye on him for a while.. He said that about weise too when we got him and look at him now. He's playing like a great 3rd liner. That would be sick if he pulls a weise and shocks us all eventually.

Anybody down to send him to the Dutch league for a half a year? Lol

Doesn't really do anything different than past grinders we've stuck on the fourth line. Past grinders that haven't stuck around for very long because they don't do much else, if anything at all aside from throw their weight around.

It's only been four games anyway. I suspect the flaws in his game and lack of skill will show eventually.

Not being a hard ass, but that's usually how it is with these types of players. Otherwise they would be permanent NHL'ers..

Pinizzotto

No one wants to spell this guys name including me. Not one post contained his name spelled out on the second page of the posts. Teachers must have hated it.

I'm impressed from a stand point that he doesn't try and do too much resulting in putting himself out of position. He's done what been asked of him and been rewarded with more ice time. In fact the 4rth line has been the least of Vancouver's troubles. I would venture to say MG has some what addressed the 4rth line issue the best he can under the injury rash the Canucks are experiencing.

Pinizzotto is part of the solution moving forward. He's got my vote.

Yeah it really does seem like they tell their physical players to tone it down, Pinner, Sestito and Kassian have all toned down their physical game since they first got here imo.

Lapierre and Burr and stuff aren't even aloud to chirp anymore.

They told Juice to stop fighting, and he always played his best when he was pissed and fought.

I think it's taking away from some players games especially Lapierre, he was always a better player when he was agitating others.

I'm not a fan of AV and this soft defensive hockey we play.

Archived