The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0

It's not the cap hit as much as the term. The cap hit is actually pretty good, so while a retained salary trade would help perhaps, that'd just be a sweetener to a team already interested in a deal.

I'd encourage you to check out CapGeek.com's cap benefit recapture page and see just how much penalty we'd have if Luongo retires early.

Here's an example scenario I posted about previously:

This is one of the dumbest statements I've heard in a while. Obviously he demanded to play, because he's like that, and that's how AV made decisions by listening to who screamed the loudest. What a dumb thing to say.

I have a stupid Question and I'm too lazy to figure out the answer on my own.

Can we buy out the cap benifit on Luongo's contract if we trade him?

Or say we also take contract $ back in a trade can we buy out what we took back?

Cause if we can do any of these that would be awesome.

So if LA is getting a fantastic package for an unproven Bernier what would the Canucks get for Schneider. I'd rather get a great package for Schneids then trade Lu for nothing or another bad contract. With Lack and Eriksson in the pipeline, trading Schneider for a good young player seems like the right answer. That's only if Canucks can't get anything for Lu.

For the record, I think Torts will most definitely have a part in the decision of which goaltender to keep if MG has a hard time getting pieces from a Lu deal. If Luongo has any appetite to stay a Canuck, then I wouldn't be surprised if Cory is moved. I am assuming that there is a team out there that would give a top 6 talent plus a pick or prospect for Schneider.

Show me what part of that was opinion? Where is the bias? I didn't even state what I had thought on the matter.

I think you have an early grade school understanding of language, and a peewee understanding of hockey.

For the record, I think Torts will most definitely have a part in the decision of which goaltender to keep if MG has a hard time getting pieces from a Lu deal. If Luongo has any appetite to stay a Canuck, then I wouldn't be surprised if Cory is moved. I am assuming that there is a team out there that would give a top 6 talent plus a pick or prospect for Schneider.

Archived