3230 replies to this topic

#3211 MANGO

MANGO

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

Not even remotely surprised that this situation has turned out this way. Plans only work if you carry them out. Signing Lu long term was a good plan,( questionable contract.....), but was derailed by Schnides good play. Trading youth to get FAs at the deadline ,goes against the Detroit model....again, not sticking to the original plan. Sustainability requires long term thinking. the possibility that this team was close to winning a cup made management impatient and knee jerky. Recent moves has us back tracking and getting back on track, this is good. There should never be a window, Just a revolving door of fresh talent coming up from the farm to support a core group of vets, that is also revolving over the years. Hopefully management has learned something here, let your well laid plans unfold as you planned them.
Posted Image

formerly......puck n icehole

#3212 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,513 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

yur a joke appollo...stats over 2 games..give yur head a shake...Lou is still here because after 15 months...no one wanted him...and Gillis traded the team MVP...that's voted on by the guys in the locker room...the guys that believed he was our best

No buddy you're a joke. Stats over two games?? STATS OVER A GOD DAMN DECADE OF PURE DOMINANCE...

vs a goalie that hasn't even got more than 1 playoff win and hasn't even played more than half a season. Its funny that u still keep talking
Luongooooooooooo
Hahahahah sorry smurf. Luuuuuuu ;)

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#3213 MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

yur a joke appollo...stats over 2 games..give yur head a shake...Lou is still here because after 15 months...no one wanted him...and Gillis traded the team MVP...that's voted on by the guys in the locker room...the guys that believed he was our best

MVP was voted on by fans online, not by players.

Edited by MonkeyBusiness, 02 July 2013 - 04:41 PM.

Posted Image
Sig pic by -Vintage Canuck- Thank You!!!!

Love the Canucks!

Keep Loungo in Vancouver :towel:
http://www.ipetition...o-in-vancouver/

#3214 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,513 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:49 AM

MVP was voted on by fans online, not by players.

And also how a guy who played 30 games won MVP is beyond stupid. Some nights he faced 15-25 shots.

He was soooooo sheltered. Right on gillis... u made a decent move for once. I still want u fired though.

Funny how this all turned out though. Like haha funny ... not Jerry Seinfeld funny.

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#3215 SILLY GOOSE

SILLY GOOSE

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,190 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

Tough situation for everyone involved, and everyone knows it probably wasn't the ideal solution but hey this is reality and sometimes things changed.

Luo is on a good team with a new coach and atmosphere. Regardless of the no-trade I think all the vets on the team are coming into the next season as a "reset". So Luo is not entirely alone, and I *hope* this adversity can be overcomed and forgotten.

0au3Jj.gif

#3216 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

And also how a guy who played 30 games won MVP is beyond stupid. Some nights he faced 15-25 shots.

He was soooooo sheltered. Right on gillis... u made a decent move for once. I still want u fired though.

Funny how this all turned out though. Like haha funny ... not Jerry Seinfeld funny.

If you’re not conflicted about our previous goalie situation it means you’re likely wrong about it. Understanding introduces complexity.

Polarized opinions are worthless regardless of which extreme you preach.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

MirandaKerr.jpg
2 0 1 5 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#3217 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,422 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:59 PM

This thread needs a bump. Seems inappropriate that it's not at the top of the forum.

And wouldn't it be a shocker if Gillis turned around and dealt Luongo as well if Luo is dragging his feet about coming back - as appears could be the case.

Reset haha. More leverage to get a deal done.

Btw, Schneider has faced 30 shots / 60 min the last two seasons - suggesting he was "sheltered" is just silly Apollo, particularly given the fact AV did not hesitate to play him in the biggest games either season.

#3218 nowhereman

nowhereman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

:picard:

This isn't even worth formulating an intelligent response against. You're delusional, to put it delicately.
Posted Image

#3219 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,513 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

:picard:

This isn't even worth formulating an intelligent response against. You're delusional, to put it delicately.

Ok I was also delusional when I said Cory should be gone.

1 Panic attack and 1 Playoff win. That's all Cory has done in his career

2cz94w5.jpg

#3220 alexkidd

alexkidd

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

We will all be lucky if Lu shows.
Posted Image

I am not a bandwagoneer. I am just pessimistic. 40 years without a cup will do that to any normal fan. So please, stop and think before labeling someone a bandwagoneer.

#3221 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,513 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

This thread needs a bump. Seems inappropriate that it's not at the top of the forum.

And wouldn't it be a shocker if Gillis turned around and dealt Luongo as well if Luo is dragging his feet about coming back - as appears could be the case.

Reset haha. More leverage to get a deal done.

Btw, Schneider has faced 30 shots / 60 min the last two seasons - suggesting he was "sheltered" is just silly Apollo, particularly given the fact AV did not hesitate to play him in the biggest games either season.

Av is fired. Av also put in Cory after luongo was obviously the better goalie in San Jose.

Cory crapped the bed im game three and luongo came in and stopped a couple sure goals.

Cory then crapped the bed cloutier style in game four.

Luongo is better.

2cz94w5.jpg

#3222 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

No buddy you're a joke. Stats over two games?? STATS OVER A GOD DAMN DECADE OF PURE DOMINANCE...

vs a goalie that hasn't even got more than 1 playoff win and hasn't even played more than half a season. Its funny that u still keep talking
Luongooooooooooo
Hahahahah sorry smurf. Luuuuuuu ;)

Then why did Schneider's teammates not pick Lou as team MVP? Oh....and tell me how many playoff wins does Lou have in the last 2 years? right !!! one less than Schneider

#3223 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:01 PM

Ok I was also delusional when I said Cory should be gone.

1 Panic attack and 1 Playoff win. That's all Cory has done in his career

You dodge points when they don't suit you like KotES.

Also, not addressing the post you are replying to is a coward's move.

You got what you wanted, but that doesn't validate your senseless points.

Most "hockey people" agree that today Luongo is the better goaltender, but the general consensus is that Cory will be the better goaltender long before Luongo's contract is up. Cory was much more valuable, and had their contracts both been like Cory's, then they would have a similar value which would have made both more valuable, because Gillis would have had more suitors and more leverage.

You preach opinions as fact (much like KotES), and dodge the content in favor of flogging the same dead horse you always do (much like KotES). I still think _Me is more similar, and may just be KotES. KotES seemed educated at least. I miss that jerk.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

MirandaKerr.jpg
2 0 1 5 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#3224 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,695 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:10 PM

Most "hockey people" agree that today Luongo is the better goaltender, but the general consensus is that Cory will be the better goaltender long before Luongo's contract is up. Cory was much more valuable, and had their contracts both been like Cory's, then they would have a similar value which would have made both more valuable, because Gillis would have had more suitors and more leverage.

You preach opinions as fact (much like KotES), and dodge the content in favor of flogging the same dead horse you always do (much like KotES). I still think _Me is more similar, and may just be KotES. KotES seemed educated at least. I miss that jerk.

And backhanded compliment of the year goes to ...

Edited by Dogbyte, 04 July 2013 - 08:10 PM.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#3225 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:20 PM

isn't haha funny ......Seinfeld funny?

didn't you mean funny peculiar?
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#3226 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,513 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

I don't care enough to explain my self. I'll let his play shut u all up this year.

Luongo is the better goalie. Cory will never come close to luongo status. Luongo is an elite goalie. Cory hasn't played a full season.

Its like comparing Jones to pronger before he's proven crap.

Luongo iis still here... Cory left. Are u a canucks fan? Time to support your goalie... the goalie that made our pos mediocre team into a perennial POWERHOUSE.
Luongo is the franchise.

2cz94w5.jpg

#3227 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:14 PM

isn't haha funny ......Seinfeld funny?

didn't you mean funny peculiar?

Just put the kid(Apollo) on ignore..its the only way to avoid his insanity

#3228 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 15,422 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:29 PM

I don't care enough to explain my self. I'll let his play shut u all up this year.

Luongo is the better goalie. Cory will never come close to luongo status. Luongo is an elite goalie. Cory hasn't played a full season.

Its like comparing Jones to pronger before he's proven crap.

Luongo iis still here... Cory left. Are u a canucks fan? Time to support your goalie... the goalie that made our pos mediocre team into a perennial POWERHOUSE.
Luongo is the franchise.

Nope. It's like comparing Stamkos after three seasons in the NHL, to Vinny Lecavalier.

#3229 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:25 AM

ok.. i love Luongo too.. but i think Apollo is off the charts with how much he loves the guy? #1 Luongo fan in the world? i understand you love the guy.. but you make it sound like Cory is worthless piece of crap goalie hence he was traded out.. i think you are wayyyy too extreme with your love towards Luongo that it's getting a bit scary lol stalker type scary =\ i feel that you might have a panic attack in the public and go nuts on someone if they bad mouth Luongo =\.. on the other hand.. i think the Canucks should hire you just to pump Lu's tire :P can't hurt having Lu feel's like the king of the world :D

#3230 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,387 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:06 AM

I'll play this game. What else is there to do between now and 9am? This is what I suggested in another thread yesterday:

Let's say Florida really was playing a game of chicken assuming they could wait for Lu to be bought out and then have first crack at him in free agency for a dirt cheap contract. A game they clearly lost, and are now screwed in the crease.

Luongo to Florida for picks, let's say a 2nd and 3rd next year. (at this point they have such a logjam of prospects that it would almost benefit them to give up some picks).

Edler + Florida's 3rd to Anaheim for Hiller, Sbisa + prospect. (honestly I'm not very familiar with their prospect pool but doing a quick bit of browsing just now, maybe either Wagner or Caputi).

In the end we come up with an extra 4$ mill in cap space. Running with a goaltending duo of Hiller (potential vertigo issues) and one of our unproven Swedish guys is a gamble obviously, but on the plus side this is the last year of Hiller's contract so we'd be in a good position to evaluate and either try to re-sign him, or head in a new direction. And we are up one prospect and one pick.

#3231 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• Assistant to Regional Manager
  • 16,304 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:30 AM

Watch the personal attacks guys...

CDCGML Commissioner/Winnipeg Jets <---Click For Roster!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Support Canuck Place Childrens Hospice - http://www.canuckplace.org/

This is what hockey should be. A lot of chances, a lot of hitting, no cheap shots, no chirping after whistles."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.