The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0

Anyone find the signing of Ericsson a bit strange?

I mean, Schneider is like what, 27 or something? If he's "supposedly" our starter, why the hell do we need Ericsson AND Lack? Yes, free prospects is one thing, but still. I mean, this has to raise a few eyebrows, no? There is no way Gillis told Ericsson that Schneider was the #1, because then why the hell would he sign here? So he can be backup for the next 10 years?

Luongo is going to retire in the next like 3-4 seasons anyways.. Seems like the absolute perfect amount of time for Lack/Ericsson to groom into starters?

I don't know, just seems a little fishy.

Anyone find the signing of Ericsson a bit strange?

I mean, Schneider is like what, 27 or something? If he's "supposedly" our starter, why the hell do we need Ericsson AND Lack? Yes, free prospects is one thing, but still. I mean, this has to raise a few eyebrows, no? There is no way Gillis told Ericsson that Schneider was the #1, because then why the hell would he sign here? So he can be backup for the next 10 years?

Luongo is going to retire in the next like 3-4 seasons anyways.. Seems like the absolute perfect amount of time for Lack/Ericsson to groom into starters?

I don't know, just seems a little fishy.

I think an Islander trade is what everyone is hoping for. Aquilini and his wallet is the question and hopefully probably adding Ballard.

If RD is coming back, IMO, Nino and a 2nd would be the minimum just for the buyout let alone adding Lu.

Philly - if they buyout Bryz they will want a goalie. why in the hell would they replace him with another crazy contract? Especially if they use the other buyout for briere

NYI - would probably give up some talent if someone took Dipetro. if not, no deal, and again why replace a horrible contract with a horrible contract.

Min - have no idea why they would replace an old goalie with a slightly less old goalie.

FLA - if they wanted to make a team made up of players who only have bad contracts this could be possible.

Edm - I have no idea what that crazy bugger MacT is up too, I believe they are far more likely than others since MacT is in fact crazy and he kinda/ not really needs a goalie. If people say Min why not EDM

Calgary - They are rebuilding but then again JF is the worst GM in hockey IMO

Col - goaltending is not the problem. They need a blue line

NJ - is on the verge of going under.

All of this plus there are like 70 goalies available with decent numbers this summer who are not even close to the risk Luongo is with his massive contract.

I also said back in version 1 that he will never be traded and here we are today, you have to wonder if Gillis had the option would Cory be gone already? Darn tootin

If MG can somehow make a deal without taking back $$ in some way shape or form he will be forever known as the greatest GM in the history and future of the Universe

Luongo as is = unmovable

But it does make sense though. Especially since they haven't announced Torts as coach yet. I mean, what could the hold up be?! There has to be something and I would bet it has something to do with the Lu deal not getting done!

Archived