#1 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

POPULAR

Thank you liberals for doing as the people asked and removed that POS tax. Went to the restaurant and paid less. Then went and did some groceries, paid less. It was pretty awesome. It's amazing when you can actually see the difference like that. Thank you Jesus.

Posted Image

#2 Tanev

Tanev

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

POPULAR

Wait until businesses start cranking up rates for most goods & services because they can only deduct 5% GST now instead of 12% HST.

Edited by Tanev, 01 April 2013 - 08:10 PM.

#3 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

Wait until businesses start cranking up rates for most goods & services because they can only deduct 5% GST now instead of 12% HST.

What?

Posted Image

#4 Tanev

Tanev

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

POPULAR

Benefit of the HST was business could deduct 12% (the HST) on their expenses. Now they can only deduct 5% (the GST) on their expenses.

What this means is many businesses are going to have higher costs which will lead to them charging higher prices. There is an argument that spending will increase because consumers pay less on certain Goods/Services but in the long run prices are going to go up because of the return to the GST/PST system.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Liberal government was idiotic to adopt the HST without due process, but it was actually beneficial to BC.

#5 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

POPULAR

What?

What about the advantages of HST did you not understand? It was more efficient, reduced administration costs and made the Province more competitive with the rest of the wolrd which is going in that direction.

The adderd costs of PST/GST will be carried by the consumer eventually.

The over-turning of the HST was a disgraceful attempt to try and pander to the "cause" vote and was a great example of how mass hysteria and politics can trump intelligence and practical thinking.

#6 The Vancouver Connection

The Vancouver Connection

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

why are you thanking the liberals. they didn't remove the tax, it went through a referendum in which they were FORCED to remove the tax. the liberals are scum, ie. used cars are stil taxed at 12%. go to hell liberals.
Sig too big, 500 KB limit

#7 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

POPULAR

What about the advantages of HST did you not understand? It was more efficient, reduced administration costs and made the Province more competitive with the rest of the wolrd which is going in that direction.

The adderd costs of PST/GST will be carried by the consumer eventually.

The over-turning of the HST was a disgraceful attempt to try and pander to the "cause" vote and was a great example of how mass hysteria and politics can trump intelligence and practical thinking.

Sorry dude I don't want to give businesses tax breaks. I'm tired of rich people getting all the breaks. Prices never went down when the HST came in. Today I paid less for my food.

Posted Image

#8 Intoewsables

Intoewsables

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,193 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

At least we stuck it to Gordon Campbell!!!!

:rolleyes:

#9 hockeyfan87

hockeyfan87

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

why are you thanking the liberals. they didn't remove the tax, it went through a referendum in which they were FORCED to remove the tax. the liberals are scum, ie. used cars are stil taxed at 12%. go to hell liberals.

Who do you vote for? It seems the choices are scum, scum and more scum. I care about our province but I can't choose between a religious studies dropout and a fraud. Or what about the guy who thinks being homosexual is a choice? Yes, those are the three leaders of our major political parties.

#10 Tanev

Tanev

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

Sorry dude I don't want to give businesses tax breaks. I'm tired of rich people getting all the breaks. Prices never went down when the HST came in. Today I paid less for my food.

That's the point. Fill up on food now, because it will cost MORE than what it was with the HST in as little as a year (by current projections)

#11 El_Capitan

El_Capitan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

POPULAR

The fall of the HST was a huge win for the uneducated.

As an accountant that audits manufacturing companies as well as film/production companies, you've hurt their businesses and you've hindered BC's competitive advantage over other provinces.

As more provinces adopt HST, BC has taken a step backwards. I'm guessing Surrey couldn't bother researching the benefits of HST before they voted.

Shame.

Posted Image

#12 LuongoG1

LuongoG1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

As an accountant that audits manufacturing companies as well as film/production companies, you've hurt their businesses and you've hindered BC's competitive advantage over other provinces.

As more provinces adopt HST, BC has taken a step backwards. I'm guessing Surrey couldn't bother researching the benefits of HST before they voted.

Shame.

EVERYONE in the province was generally uneducated. Might as well call a spade a spade insteaf of coloring everyone from a city with one brush. If anything, all the tree hugging bike riding people downtown were more likely to vote it down because it was a chance to "fight the power."

The mistake the province made was implementing it without explanation. If they explained the benefits it would still be in place. Instead, you have the people who don't understand the difference (like the original poster of this topic) who think the rich were getting richer and they were losing money. In the end, everyone in BC lost with HST being voted down.

#13 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

POPULAR

Is this an April Fools? I honestly can't tell.
Posted Image

#14 thedestroyerofworlds

thedestroyerofworlds

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

The problem with the HST was the Lies tried to sneak it past us after they promised the Deficit that year would be less than $500 million (lie). They were backed into a corner and needed cash. Plain and simple. If they didn't need the quick cash from Herr Harper, then they might have / would have done it different. You can blame the sheeple all you want. The Lies MUST assume a significant portion of the blame for this mess.

#15 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,459 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

Thank you liberals for doing as the people asked and removed that POS tax. Went to the restaurant and paid less. Then went and did some groceries, paid less. It was pretty awesome. It's amazing when you can actually see the difference like that. Thank you Jesus.

Try going to the liquor store where the prices went up as the liquor tax was put back in due to the HST being removed.

Most contractors rates also will be going up yet you'll be paying less tax. For example the roofer that buys your shingles can no longer claim his HST rebate so you'll be paying 7% higher on your parts, you'll then be taxed GST on your 7% mark up

Edited by mpt, 01 April 2013 - 08:46 PM.

#16 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,638 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

...we're going to start charging more for framing. Kinda choked about HST going.

Edited by The Phaneuf Train, 01 April 2013 - 08:46 PM.

gallery_47851_23_84084.png

medium.png - CDCGML 483288048.png - EHL medium.png - STHS medium.png - CDCFL

#17 rb4u

rb4u

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

Took the kids for their $11 haircut today expecting a break since haircuts are PST exempt.
Guess what? Same price as pre Apr 1st. I asked the lady why and she said price increase... as I anticipated.
I would volunteer that most of us won't see as much savings as we'd been lead to believe.
The Liberals screwed up implementation of the HST royally. Personally I would have gone for the 10% HST instead...

#18 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,459 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

The problem with the HST was the Lies tried to sneak it past us after they promised the Deficit that year would be less than $500 million (lie). They were backed into a corner and needed cash. Plain and simple. If they didn't need the quick cash from Herr Harper, then they might have / would have done it different. You can blame the sheeple all you want. The Lies MUST assume a significant portion of the blame for this mess.

I guess most provinces in this country also screwed up since nearly half have applied to convert over to the HST already

#19 KelownaCanucksFan

KelownaCanucksFan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

It was dumbt, shortsighted, small minded thinking on the majority of the population led by that twit vander zalm. HST was necessary for business (which if you don't understand or are to young to understand that it drives economies) that, combined with the NDP coming back is going to lead back to the dark ages of the 90's for BC, that's why I chose to move to Alberta, watch over the next 3 years as head offices that came back to bc head back out to Alberta.

Edited by KelownaCanucksFan, 01 April 2013 - 08:50 PM.

Posted Image
Thanks to GoaltenderInterference for the sig!

#20 thedestroyerofworlds

thedestroyerofworlds

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

I guess most provinces in this country also screwed up since nearly half have applied to convert over to the HST already

I wasnt saying that the HST was bad. It was how the Lies tried to sneak it in there that was the problem when their fudget election budget was shown to be a sham.

IF the budget came in on target, the Lies wouldn't have needed the quick cash Herr Harper was bribing them with. They could have taken their time.

#21 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

Shame.

BC hasn't had manufacturing in 10 years.

Try going to the liquor store where the prices went up as the liquor tax was put back in due to the HST being removed.

Most contractors rates also will be going up yet you'll be paying less tax. For example the roofer that buys your shingles can no longer claim his HST rebate so you'll be paying 7% higher on your parts, you'll then be taxed GST on your 7% mark up

Don't use contractors as your identifier. I work in contracting. The first rule of contracting is never tell your client what you actually pay for anything. The prices we pay for stuff and then charge you for would make your skin crawl. The tax on the goods could go up 30 percent and it would still cost the contractor 20 percent less than what it costs you to buy the same thing. There is nothing but profit to be made when the contractor buys stuff for the client.

Posted Image

#22 thedestroyerofworlds

thedestroyerofworlds

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

It was dumbt, shortsighted, small minded thinking on the majority of the population led by that twit vander zalm. HST was necessary for business (which if you don't understand or are to young to understand that it drives economies) that, combined with the NDP coming back is going to lead back to the dark ages of the 90's for BC, that's why I chose to move to Alberta, watch over the next 3 years as head offices that came back to bc head back out to Alberta.

Really, it's the NDP's fault.

Go and research the prices for coal, gold, oil, lumber and you will see that prices were stagnant or they fell in the 90's. It's why the coal mines in Tumbler Ridge closed, and resulted in empty apartment buildings, housing prices that went from six figures to $20,000 or so, etc. etc. Over 70% percent of B.C.'s economy is directly or indirectly tied to economic activities in central and northern BC (resource based). Reduced production, closures, no expansion/exploration would most definitely hurt BC's economy.

Now explain why the Lies can't get BC's finances straight (until now if you can believe them) ? If the NDP ran our province into the ground, then why couldn't they get our books in order with RECORD PRICES at times this decade for MANY resources like gold etc. etc. ?

#23 El_Capitan

El_Capitan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

BC hasn't had manufacturing in 10 years.

Don't use contractors as your identifier. I work in contracting. The first rule of contracting is never tell your client what you actually pay for anything. The prices we pay for stuff and then charge you for would make your skin crawl. The tax on the goods could go up 30 percent and it would still cost the contractor 20 percent less than what it costs you to buy the same thing. There is nothing but profit to be made when the contractor buys stuff for the client.

Ignorance is bliss.

Posted Image

#24 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

Ignorance is bliss.

HST supporters would know.

Posted Image

#25 El_Capitan

El_Capitan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

POPULAR

Uneducated trades know better.

Posted Image

#26 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

Uneducated trades know better.

As opposed to? Tell me how awesome you are please.

Posted Image

#27 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,419 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

I feel like this thread didn't go how you thought it might.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 El_Capitan

El_Capitan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

As opposed to? Tell me how awesome you are please.

How about you educate on BC's manufacturing companies and realize how they're going to be hurt by this.

http://www.biv.com/a...Metro-Vancouver

Posted Image

#29 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

I feel like this thread didn't go how you thought it might.

It went just like I hoped. I hoped It would make all the Butthurt people come and cry. I would say it went to plan.

Posted Image

#30 El_Capitan

El_Capitan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

POPULAR

It went just like I hoped. I hoped It would make all the Butthurt people come and cry. I would say it went to plan.

An uneducated troll on a hockey forum.

Living quite an accomplished life. Tell us how awesome you are.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.