The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Commodore Tweets About Lui's Presser Today

MJDDawg

It's not about a hockey market, I've lived in other major cities in Canada with NHL franchises and Vancouver has the least loyal fans I've ever seen. So quick to turn, especially when most don't understand the game.

Too much whining in Vancouver, complaining about Luongo, complaining out the HST, complaining about the Liberals, health care, the police force, union wages, taxes, ferries, bike lanes. Nothing is ever good enough in this town; no one supports anything unless its winning. Heck you go to a Canucks game and its quiet, there's no cheering all you see is applause; there's a big difference.

That's why people not from Vancouver hate the Canucks, they aren't real fans.

I actually think that Commodore is making a point for many players in the league. In my opinion, this whole Luongo FIASCO reflects very poorly ont he organization and will have an impact on how potential free agents view the organization when deciding to come here. I think that the Malhotra situation was also very poorly handled. In my opinion, our reputation with the players around the league took a real hit this season.

The point of his i do agree with is the fact they (management) figured having a press conference to announce he was not traded is a complete and udder joke. Who's stupid idea was that. Luongo comes out and basically says what we all know his contract is horrible and yeah... who in their right mind is going to offer anything more in the summer basically knowing we have to move LUO.. MG overvalued Luongo from the start. This should of been resolved a long time ago!

Media demands it and the whole goalie fiasco has been a huge storyline for our team for how long now?!

Also why no shots at Kipper? He had a press conference too and he made it clear he wasn't moving beforehand.

Sounds like a bitter ex-NHLer taking on easy obvious talking points on a high profile issue.. Captain Commodoh! He can cherry pick topics all he wants, probably from the back of some bus in Pikipsy. it won't change the dilemma were in here with our team.

Archived