The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Updated on Tanev and Booth] Booth, Hansen, Tanev, Higgins, Schneider

Hopefully Tanev get's healthy soon but i feel like Tanev has been making far more bad plays then he was the first half of the season and Ballard and Alberts will be just fine.

Not Barker he looks like an accident waiting to happen.

Great news about Hansen and Higgins we are going to need those guys to go anywhere.

Yup.

Makes me wonder how people actually watch these games.

Nearly everybody in the core has been benched by AV, and yes, Twins included. Most of the core experienced this in AV's first year.

You will likely not see the Twins (especially Hank) or Kesler benched recently. They have earned their coaches good graces with consistent play. And the team needs their centers.

It is a good way to handle the team, players respond to accountability. Some coaches to this day use that to keep players humming to their capabilities.

Anyway, its rare that Hansen ever takes a night off. But it can happen to the best players on any given team.

All-do respect to Tanev, but he and Ballard are the biggest reasons we were destroyed physically against Boston and Los Angeles. Both are great regular season defencemen, but they lack size and physicality and were pummeled by Los Angeles' big forwards last playoffs.

Our other D pairings consist of Edler (big and hard to bruise), Bieksa (only D man on this team to stand up for himself and his team mates), Garrison (has quite a mean streak and can play physically along the boards) and Hamhuis (dropped his physical play so far). That's 3 pretty tough defencemen in our top-4, and two weaklings on our bottom pair.

In the playoffs, you can't ever ice a 5-man unit which has no physicality or they'll get broken down and scored on, as we saw happen against Boston with the Sedins, Burrows, Edler/Ehrhoff/Salo on the ice at the same time.

This Tanev injury is a blessing in disguise. Andrew Alberts is the only giant on this team right now, and his game is perfect for the playoffs. He is honestly the only Canuck I've seen consistently throw big hits all season long, so deserves big 15-18 minutes in the playoffs. People don't appreciate what size does in the playoffs yet, and the Canucks didn't get any bigger up front so we need a bruising defence. Guys like Alberts, Barker and Vandermeer are huge and play a tough game which is what we need in the post-season.

Edler - Garrison

Bieksa - Hamhuis

Alberts - Barker

Ballard

Tanev

Vandermeer

I would like AV to bring up Vandermeer just to see what he can do. Play Ballard only against the weaker teams like St Louis, Minnesota and Detroit who really lack giant forwards up front like those of LA and Anaheim.

All-do respect to Tanev, but he and Ballard are the biggest reasons we were destroyed physically against Boston and Los Angeles. Both are great regular season defencemen, but they lack size and physicality and were pummeled by Los Angeles' big forwards last playoffs.

Our other D pairings consist of Edler (big and hard to bruise), Bieksa (only D man on this team to stand up for himself and his team mates), Garrison (has quite a mean streak and can play physically along the boards) and Hamhuis (dropped his physical play so far). That's 3 pretty tough defencemen in our top-4, and two weaklings on our bottom pair.

In the playoffs, you can't ever ice a 5-man unit which has no physicality or they'll get broken down and scored on, as we saw happen against Boston with the Sedins, Burrows, Edler/Ehrhoff/Salo on the ice at the same time.

This Tanev injury is a blessing in disguise. Andrew Alberts is the only giant on this team right now, and his game is perfect for the playoffs. He is honestly the only Canuck I've seen consistently throw big hits all season long, so deserves big 15-18 minutes in the playoffs. People don't appreciate what size does in the playoffs yet, and the Canucks didn't get any bigger up front so we need a bruising defence. Guys like Alberts, Barker and Vandermeer are huge and play a tough game which is what we need in the post-season.

Edler - Garrison

Bieksa - Hamhuis

Alberts - Barker

Ballard

Tanev

Vandermeer

I would like AV to bring up Vandermeer just to see what he can do. Play Ballard only against the weaker teams like St Louis, Minnesota and Detroit who really lack giant forwards up front like those of LA and Anaheim.

Gillis on CKNW just said Tanev and Higgins are both expected back for start of playoffs. He said right now, Tanev is listed as day to day.

Oh man, hockey gods are in my good books again.

Now that the NW division is pretty much locked up, time to start resting players. Rest Sedins first, they've played some heavy duty mins this yr, been bumped around a lot. Need to have them fresh and in grade A health for playoffs.

Hansen got benched!? I don't think that's ever happened before.

Hansen is one of our most consistent players. He may not light the lamp every game but his effort is there no matter what. Not sure why he'd be benched when Kassian was far more useless and silent.

AV confuses yet again

So let's recap your post. You didn't even notice Hansen wasn't taking a shift, but you are knowledgeable enough to allude to AV not knowing what he is doing.

i like hansen but he's a third line checker and he's great at it. as soon as hands of stone is give a more prominent scoring role he regresses it not his game it never has been. AV needs to play players to there strengths and when the hansen torres and manny line was around it was a dominant checking/shutdown line. he not and probably never will be a top 6 he doesn't have the hands or finish.

Other players were playing better that night plain and simple. This is not a new strategy by AV, and it's a strategy that does not receive enough respect on this forum. AV knows what he is doing, which is why we opened up the flood gates on Calgary in the 3rd. Why is everyone so upset at this, it's not like we lost the game?

Geez, Hansen was doing nothing all game, Kassian had a pretty good game with Kesler once again, yet people crap on Kassian and tout Hansen to no end on CDC :frantic: Players have off nights believe it or not, even Hansen... geez Louise!

Archived