#1 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

POPULAR

I didn't make this thread because we lost, I've been saying this stuff all season, today just proved how incompetent AV can be.

For the record, I don't think he should be fired this season obviously, but he should be gone next season, unless we miraculously win a cup.

One of my biggest problems with AV is he doesn't ever seem to think ahead, he just takes everything one game at a time and makes a lot of dumb decisions..

Example, last year he told us he wasn't prepared for the LA series because he thought Daniel would be back... Wtf, not being prepared at the most important time of the season? His job is to prepare the team, especially during key injuries...

Schneider was just sick and Lu played awesome after sitting the most he ever has in his career, we didn't trade Lu so we could have two elite goalies for the playoffs. Wouldn't it be smart to get both goalies some playing time to keep them sharp especially if one gets injured? He should have rested Schneider a few more days and gave Lu the start today. There would be no controversy and Lu played great last game. It would raise his morale which would also be beneficial to the team.

Everyone knows Sedins are ineffective in the playoffs and they get pushed around....The only time they score is on the power play, they're invisible 5 on 5. So wouldn't it be smart to put Kassian with them now to start training and helping him get used to the game they play? I guarantee he's going to get thrown on that line in the playoffs once the twins start getting manhandled again.

Sure Kassian makes lots of mistakes in the defensive zone but how is benching and demoting him going to help? All it does is make him grip his stick tighter which leads to more mistakes. (people who play hockey should know this) Even most analysts say AV needs to have more patience and stop demoting Zack. Imo they should either send him to the AHL or leave him on a line to develop some actual chemistry. A lot of our post season success will rely on this kid, whether you like it or not. He can change games with his hits and he can score. Now is the time to get his confidence as high as they can, not do the opposite.

Another thing that bothers me is AV seems to ignore what kind of games his players play and also plays favorites too much.
Kesler is already playing more minutes then Roy after missing the whole season and being injured the last 2 years...

Roy is an offensive player and Kesler is more suited to a defensive role. Kesler's strength is attacking off the rush like Raymond and Hansen so I don't get why they aren't playing together or atleast been given a shot. They would make a great shutdown line that can also bury the puck.

Roy and Higgins have chemistry and Kassian can make room for them. If he isn't going to play with the twins then he should be on this line. Kassian is a creative player like Roy and playing with Kesler hampers that imo.

And please no comments about him being the most winning coach, I don't care at all. Ruff was Buffalo's most winning coach and he's gone, and it really has no effect on this season whatsoever.

I predict a first round exit. This team is far too inconsistent and the line juggling does not help.

Anyways that's my rant. Flame away.

:emot-parrot:

Edited by TheGame., 13 April 2013 - 06:35 PM.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#2 Plum

Plum

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,451 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

Ok, coach. If we win cup still should be fired? Why didn't you make this thread earlier not after a loss?

Kevin Fiala will be a star.

#3 Starfruits

Starfruits

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

Can't you take this to the PGT, not make a new thread..?

#4 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,508 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

POPULAR

I didn't make this thread because we lost,

Sure bud :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#5 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

Sure bud :rolleyes:

Ok, coach. If we win cup still should be fired? Why didn't you make this thread earlier not after a loss?

Because then apparently I'm not a fan of the team, doesn't matter though, once everything I say comes true in the playoffs

Edited by debluvscanucks, 13 April 2013 - 08:37 PM.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#6 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

POPULAR

I made a bonehead decision by opening this thread.

We are 3rd

Not 13th

Relax and enjoy the ride.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#7 xereau

xereau

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

POPULAR

Agree about Kesler. Roy is 2a, and Kesler is 2b. Kesler is more suited to a '3rd' line duty.

Agree on playing Luongo today. Crappy team, and just after a flu.

Agree on the 'excuse' after the loss to LA last year.

Agree, AV will be fired unless the Canucks show up in the playoffs.

I can hear "FIRE AV" echoing thru the rafters, already, ala Toronto last season.

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man:
brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the

timid join him; for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."

Mark Twain

#8 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,508 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

Because then apparently I'm not a fan of the team, doesn't matter though, once everything I say comes true in the playoffs.

Perhaps, that will be exactly what happens, but if it does it means you getting your jollies on the Canucks losing. That makes you not a fan in the slightest, so I couldn't care less about your opinion.

Next someone would actually have to read this drivel before you would be able to say "I told you so".

Edited by debluvscanucks, 13 April 2013 - 08:37 PM.
Clean up of personal attack

Posted Image

#9 Sixteen W's

Sixteen W's

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

You just don't like AV. The team's been so much better lately.
Posted Image

#10 Melons

Melons

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

You just don't like AV. The team's been so much better lately.

Define "better" and "lately" please.

#11 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

POPULAR

Perhaps, that will be exactly what happens, but if it does it means you getting your jollies on the Canucks losing. That makes you not a fan in the slightest, so I couldn't care less about your opinion.

Next someone would actually have to read this drivel before you would be able to say "I told you so".

So what is your solution to the twins getting shut down all the time in the playoffs 5 on 5 and getting manhandled physically? This has been a problem for a long time.

It's a message board, this kind of stuff is supposed to be discussed.

and you don't think a Burrows-Kesler-Hansen is a good shutdown and counter line? Which leaves Higgins-Roy-Raymond as our secondary scoring line behind the twins.

I didn't post this in the pgt because no discussion really takes place in there, it's just spam half the time, I don't want to scroll through 10 pages.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#12 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

so, Kassian is on the Sedin's line as well as the Higgin's- Roy line? Got it.
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#13 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

POPULAR

so, Kassian is on the Sedin's line as well as the Higgin's- Roy line? Got it.

At the end if you read I said if he isn't going to be on the twins line, then he should be on the Roy line.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#14 brownky

brownky

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

POPULAR

I will laugh harder when we get knocked out. And then I will cry a little, because we didn't need to get knocked out (again), we just need a new coach who isn't a moron.

We do not have a chance at winning a cup with this coach. He will be the letdown. He has been every single year we've been in the playoffs.

Edited by debluvscanucks, 13 April 2013 - 07:59 PM.

#15 WindChaser

WindChaser

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

He's not prepared for Daniel injury, he should be fired

He is now preparing for injuries by testing possible line combinations before injury actually occur, he should be fired

Got it, fire AV it is~ question though, who should be his replacement?

#16 bryguy26

bryguy26

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

POPULAR

So because someone has an opinion about our team that means their not a fan?? Whats wrong with you? Anyone who actually watches the games and pays attention, yet still supports AV is a fool in my mind.

Edited by debluvscanucks, 13 April 2013 - 08:01 PM.

Posted Image

#17 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,508 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

I already laugh at you.

Now that's funny because I didn't even know you existed... and if or when the Canucks get knocked out of the playoffs and you're laughing your self into a frenzy stop and take a look a look in the mirror and realize how sad and pathetic your life truly is. But most of all know that if/when you and TheGame. are laughing at the fact that the Canucks have lost, this makes you "NOT FANS" in every possible sense of the phrase.
Posted Image

#18 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

I didn't make this thread because we lost.

Predictably, you did make this thread after a loss. Like every single goddamned FIRE AV thread that is made after a loss.

Comedy hour.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#19 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

Define "better" and "lately" please.

I'll throw out the traditional stats response for consideration. Prior to today's game:

1.) the team was 8 - 2 in their last ten. Those results are comparable to Pittsburgh or Washington (who ae burning up the east), or Chicago and San Jose.

2.) In those ten games, the team scored 26 goals, and allowed 11.

3.) I assume that there will be a "Yeah, but look at the teams they beat. They're all bottom feeders." For the most part this is true. This being said, they were teams the Canucks should have beaten, and they did.

There is still two weeks and seven games to work on issues surrounding the power play.

I predict a first round exit.

If you are so sure of how the Canucks' year will end, what are your plans for the remainder of the season? I do not mean this in a sarcastic manner. You are stating your case of how you believe the team is sucking, so why do you continue to watch their games and get yourself all riled up? Follow a different team for a while.

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#20 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

I made a bonehead decision by opening this thread.

We are 3rd

Not 13th

Relax and enjoy the ride.

Crappy thread.

And im just as stupid and crappy for even reading thru it (same old non arguments, i mean exactly the same mythologies).

And now i am just absolutely convinced that the anti-AV crybabies want this team to lose.

Because they certainly do not enjoy winning, and dont you worry, its not lost on me they are still Cupless.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#21 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

I know the real problem here, Aladeen and Bed Beats are mad I have a better reputation then them.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#22 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,508 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

This post made me lol, I dunno that guy though.

and I'm going to laugh at you for thinking AV will lead us to a cup without fixing what needs to be fixed, not at the team losing.

Did I say I guarantee a cup under AV this year? Its not all up to the Coach. To say he is awful and he sucks and whatever is just plain ignorant. Are there better coaches out there? Yes but unfortunately they are all employed at this particular moment.

Do you think AV told Bieksa to pass the puck out front of the net? Sometimes players are responsible for crapping the bed too. Bottom line is it takes a Team to win or lose.

If you can convince Detroit to trade Babcock for AV, I'm in, get it done. Not sure if teams have ever traded Head Coaches but you have my blessing.

Most of you AV haters are emotional little whiners who have to find a scapegoat so you don't have to blame the Team as a whole for not living up to expectations. If its not AV its Bieksa or Luo, or Raymond or any other flavor of the month or the season. You will always find someone to single out if the Canucks are losing or in the case of AV not winning in a manner you would perfer.
Posted Image

#23 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,508 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

I know the real problem here, Aladeen and Bed Beats are mad I have a better reputation then them.

You found me out... my admiration of the grace in which you use the emo parrot incites nothing but jealousy in me.
Posted Image

#24 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

Did I say I guarantee a cup under AV this year? Its not all up to the Coach. To say he is awful and he sucks and whatever is just plain ignorant. Are there better coaches out there? Yes but unfortunately they are all employed at this particular moment.

Do you think AV told Bieksa to pass the puck out front of the net? Sometimes players are responsible for crapping the bed too. Bottom line is it takes a Team to win or lose.

If you can convince Detroit to trade Babcock for AV, I'm in, get it done. Not sure if teams have ever traded Head Coaches but you have my blessing.

Most of you AV haters are emotional little whiners who have to find a scapegoat so you don't have to blame the Team as a whole for not living up to expectations. If its not AV its Bieksa or Luo, or Raymond or any other flavor of the month or the season. You will always find someone to single out if the Canucks are losing or in the case of AV not winning in a manner you would perfer.

I never said he sucks, I just stated the problems I've had with him all season... What's the point in blaming the players or the team, then I'm just a bandwagoner. :bored:

If AV just left our winning line up alone or atleast didn't juggle the lines 50 million times today I wouldn't have made this thread.

Edit: How is that parrot emo lol

Edited by TheGame., 13 April 2013 - 07:10 PM.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#25 Raph

Raph

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

We should go with Kesler's bread and butter, shutdown. Go with Raymond/Burrows-Kesler-Hansen. And it's not like these guys can't score now, they all play a similar off the rush game.
Untouchables: Tanev, Jensen, Kassian
Mostly untouchable: Sedins (need someone to man the fort and no trade value)
Open to trade: Everyone else
Drive to airport: Bieksa, Edler

Bring back: Ehrhoff

#26 bryguy26

bryguy26

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

No because they will get their little kicks from the Canucks losing makes them not a fan... nothing to do with their opinion but rather what they have said they will do if the Canucks get bounced out of the playoffs.

No one hurt my feelings in the slightest but either you are OPs other account or his special little buddy way to stick up for him.

Just curious how exactly am I a pathetic thread? Do you think before you type or just spew your BS as it flows from your fingertips?

Since your mind thinks someone can be a thread, I don't think anyone cares what you think in the slightest.

Its quite obvious your feelings are hurt bud. Or is it your butt that hurts? I know I don't make sense, guess what I don't care. I'm just regurgitating the garbage you spew from time to time. And yea I'm the OP, good job detective you figured it out lol! Can you not believe the fact more than a few people have a different opinion from yours? Scary isn't it? Anyone who's anti AV is a friend of mine, considering I'm one of the biggest and have been for years. And to be honest if we lost in the playoffs the silverlining would be that hopefully, he's given the boot, sorry if that upsets you.
Posted Image

#27 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

We should go with Kesler's bread and butter, shutdown. Go with Raymond/Burrows-Kesler-Hansen. And it's not like these guys can't score now, they all play a similar off the rush game.

Exactly, but I'm so stupid for even suggesting that.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#28 Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

I didn't make this thread because we lost, I've been saying this stuff all season, today just proved how incompetent AV can be.

For the record, I don't think he should be fired this season obviously, but he should be gone next season, unless we miraculously win a cup.

One of my biggest problems with AV is he doesn't ever seem to think ahead, he just takes everything one game at a time and makes a lot of dumb decisions..

Example, last year he told us he wasn't prepared for the LA series because he thought Daniel would be back... Wtf, not being prepared at the most important time of the season? His job is to prepare the team, especially during key injuries...

Schneider was just sick and Lu played awesome after sitting the most he ever has in his career, we didn't trade Lu so we could have two elite goalies for the playoffs. Wouldn't it be smart to get both goalies some playing time to keep them sharp especially if one gets injured? He should have rested Schneider a few more days and gave Lu the start today. There would be no controversy and Lu played great last game. It would raise his morale which would also be beneficial to the team.

Everyone knows Sedins are ineffective in the playoffs and they get pushed around....The only time they score is on the power play, they're invisible 5 on 5. So wouldn't it be smart to put Kassian with them now to start training and helping him get used to the game they play? I guarantee he's going to get thrown on that line in the playoffs once the twins start getting manhandled again.

Sure Kassian makes lots of mistakes in the defensive zone but how is benching and demoting him going to help? All it does is make him grip his stick tighter which leads to more mistakes. (people who play hockey should know this) Even most analysts say AV needs to have more patience and stop demoting Zack. Imo they should either send him to the AHL or leave him on a line to develop some actual chemistry. A lot of our post season success will rely on this kid, whether you like it or not. He can change games with his hits and he can score. Now is the time to get his confidence as high as they can, not do the opposite.

Another thing that bothers me is AV seems to ignore what kind of games his players play and also plays favorites too much.
Kesler is already playing more minutes then Roy after missing the whole season and being injured the last 2 years...

Roy is an offensive player and Kesler is more suited to a defensive role. Kesler's strength is attacking off the rush like Raymond and Hansen so I don't get why they aren't playing together or atleast been given a shot. They would make a great shutdown line that can also bury the puck.

Roy and Higgins have chemistry and Kassian can make room for them. If he isn't going to play with the twins then he should be on this line. Kassian is a creative player like Roy and playing with Kesler hampers that imo.

And please no comments about him being the most winning coach, I don't care at all. Ruff was Buffalo's most winning coach and he's gone, and it really has no effect on this season whatsoever.

I predict a first round exit. This team is far too inconsistent and the line juggling does not help.

Anyways that's my rant. Flame away.

i totally agree i dont like AV and i think we can get a better coach like how he put hansen with the sedins whos that helping. kassain had a great start cause he was with the sedins sooooo grow a pair AV and put him with the sedins.

luo_sig_with_words.jpg

#29 Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

also its fun to watch you two fight

Edited by mr.perfect101, 13 April 2013 - 07:13 PM.

luo_sig_with_words.jpg

#30 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,508 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

I never said he sucks, I just stated the problems I've had with him all season... What's the point in blaming the players or the team, then I'm just a bandwagoner. :bored:

If AV just left our winning line up alone or atleast didn't juggle the lines 50 million times today I wouldn't have made this thread.

Edit: How is that parrot emo lol

Well then what needs to be realized is he is here for this season regardless... he will not be fired before the playoffs are over... so accept this and cheer for your team as a fan does. Now if it all comes to pass that the Canucks are knocked out in the first second or third (debatable) round then I bet there is a good chance the Canucks go a different route and let AV go and we will have the discussion then.

If the Canucks get to the finals what then? They don't win the cup but maybe 6 or 7 games do you really think they would get rid of AV? Or if they win the Cup should they get rid of him then?

As for the parrot I just thought that is what it was called for some reason not sure why.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.