The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrew Alberts, you are really...

Very pleased to see not only his physical presence be a factor, but he has been one of our best D at skating the puck out of the D zone. Something this team is lacking. With that combination, he could be a big factor in the post-season.

Really? did you mean skate it out and dump or actually make a play? I didn't see too many occasions where he led the rush or w/e if that's what you mean; good to see him use his size though, plus I think he and Ballard should be together in the playoffs, not only for his shutdown play with Ballard's puck moving but since both guys have bite and don't back down.

Really? did you mean skate it out and dump or actually make a play? I didn't see too many occasions where he led the rush or w/e if that's what you mean; good to see him use his size though, plus I think he and Ballard should be together in the playoffs, not only for his shutdown play with Ballard's puck moving but since both guys have bite and don't back down.

People keep talking about this but is it online?

True. In the past he has been a solid 7th d-man. A guy who would push the opposition back, but now this season for whatever reason he looks a lot better and if an injury does occur I would be a lot more comfortable with him making up for it then I would have felt in the past.

Him and Ballard could very well fight for that last spot on D when Tanev/Bieksa return.

True. In the past he has been a solid 7th d-man. A guy who would push the opposition back, but now this season for whatever reason he looks a lot better and if an injury does occur I would be a lot more comfortable with him making up for it then I would have felt in the past.

Him and Ballard could very well fight for that last spot on D when Tanev/Bieksa return.

He certainly has not been given props at all for this and last season.

He worked hard to improve, and it showed. His skating is much improved, and is sound all around.

Feel bad for him that he hasnt seen much playing time, but he makes the most out of the opportunities.

He certainly has not been given props at all for this and last season.

He worked hard to improve, and it showed. His skating is much improved, and is sound all around.

Feel bad for him that he hasnt seen much playing time, but he makes the most out of the opportunities.

I always thought Alberts got a bad rap even his first season. He made some bad plays for sure but he has worked hard and is a valuable depth guy. Barker is more of the same old no physical play nor emotional involvement in the game. He looks like a robot out there and honestly I think he is a slower skater than Alberts is by a fair margin. I like how Alberts looks playing with Ballard this season more than I do with Tanev or Bieksa though.

Alberts is doing exactly what we need him to do. I think he is feeling less pressured to do everything and now focuses his energy on playing a solid defensive game and standing up for teammates when we need him. Our other d-men (Hamhuis, Garrison, Edler, Bieksa and Ballard) can provide enough offensive punch so I'm not worried about playing Alberts in the playoffs if he keeps up his solid play

I've liked Alberts since he got here.

He has steadily improved imo.

Last year he had respectable underlying numbers. His corsi was -7.7 but he was getting only 39.7% offensive zone starts and producing 49.1% finishes. The year before he has very similar numbers.

This year his ozone starts and finishes are similar (41.7/49.7) and his corsi is nearly even at -1.04).

I think he performs his role very well - he's steady, he's physical and he generates positive territory as a depth defenseman - can't ask much more out of a 7th defensman (imo he's one of the better #7 in the NHL), particularly considering his very good value cap hit.

I'd be happy if he re-signed.

Archived