The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

LIstening to Craig Button during the U-18 Canada Czech game he stated that the entire 1st round this draft you get a quality player and in fact there will be good selections in the 2nd round.

I watched that Connor McDavid, 16 years old...off the charts, he's a wow type player

Slava Malamud@SlavaMalamud 9m

Aaaaaand that thudding sound with a splash of money-infused vodka you just heard was Valeri Nichushkin's draft stock taking a plunge.

Slava Malamud@SlavaMalamud 7m

If the Dynamo deal is confirmed, means absolutely no NHL for Nichushkin in 2013, probably 2014-15 is out, too. Grabbed easy money and ran

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectbrowse.htm?cat=2&sort=finalRank&year=2013

This guy was ranked #2 for European skaters. Could be another Kuznetsov.

We got our 3rd round pick back from Florida. So we're only missing our 2nd round pick in the Derek Roy trade.

I could see us getting some more picks though with Booth, Ballard, Luongo, Raymonds rights, helping us get within the cap for next year.

Some interesting players to watch (not all necessarily for the first round):

Marko Dano (C, 5`11, 178---Big time skill---dominant at World Jrs)

Max Domi (C, 5`9, 185---Tie`s son, 39 goals, 87 points in OHL and playoff performer)

Oliver Bjorkstad (LW, 5`11, 157---31 goals in 65 games as WHL rookie---From same town in Denmark as Nicklas Jensen)

Samuel Morin (D, 6`6, 202---16 points, +10, 117 PIMS in only 46 games---Rose from #76 to #23 final rank)

Adam Erne (LW, 6`0, 210---Led Quebec Remparts with 72 pts in 68 games---Dropped from #13 to #26)

JT Compher (LW, 6'0, 165---Dynamic playmaker---Captain of USA U-18 team--dropped from #20 to #34)

Adam Tambellini (LW, 6'2, 168---Brother of Jeff, Son of Steve---Rose from #62 to #42---Vernon, BCHL)

Nick Sorensen (RW, 6'0, 168---Born in DEN, plays for SWE---48 pts in 47 games with Quebec Remparts)

Connor Hurley (C, 6'1, 172---playmaking centre dominated MINN-High School---Dropped from #32 to #45)

Justin Bailey (RW, 6'3, 186---Played with Corrado/McEneny in Kitchener)

J.C. Lipon (C, 5'11, 177---Undrafted in '11 and '12---made World Jr team---2nd in WHL playoffs scoring)

David Pope (LW, 6'2, 187---Went from #104 mid-term to #67 final rank---West Kelowna, BCHL)

Pavel Laplante (C, 6'0, 178---Only played 18 games but final rank #50 N.A. skater)

John Hayden (C, 6`2, 220---Rose from #59 to #29 final rank)

Myles Bell (LW, 6`0, 214---Overager---38 goals, 93 points for Kelowna WHL---Rose from #87 to #46)

Three mock drafts posted on NHL.com today have us picking Bo Horvat, Kerby Rychel and Nicolas Petan. I'm doubtful Horvat and Rychel are still there by the time we pick, though... Petan is small, but man can he score. Local kid too. Although with the team's recent trend towards size, I'm not sure MG would pick him either (but then again, I'm not an NHL GM/scout so my predictions are hardly valid.)

Links:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=667523

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=667709

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=667710

What do you guys think of Max Domi?

Leading the OHL playoffs in goals, points, and game winning goals. Led the 1st place team in OHL in scoring during the season. He's very skilled and tenacious with an NHL pedigree. OHL website actually lists him at 5'10, 194lbs, as opposed to Central Scouting's 5'9, 185lbs, but either way, he is short, but stocky, just like his dad. I know we have opted for size in recent drafts, but there's a lot to like about this kid, and last time I checked the leading scorer of the NHL is 5'8, 176lbs. I certainly wouldn't be against selecting him in the 25-30 range.

Leading the OHL playoffs in goals, points, and game winning goals. Led the 1st place team in OHL in scoring during the season. He's very skilled and tenacious with an NHL pedigree. OHL website actually lists him at 5'10, 194lbs, as opposed to Central Scouting's 5'9, 185lbs, but either way, he is short, but stocky, just like his dad. I know we have opted for size in recent drafts, but there's a lot to like about this kid, and last time I checked the leading scorer of the NHL is 5'8, 176lbs. I certainly wouldn't be against selecting him in the 25-30 range.

Any one watch Samuel Morin while he's been for the Cdn U-18, looks good. The Cdn U-18 play the US U-18 for the championship tomorrow @ 9am.

Ther kid despite his huge size has pretty good mobility ( 6'7"/200 ) Plays in the Q with Rimouski

Archived