The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Canucks are going deep and Chicago will get bounced, they have no chance.

GrooveC

You have to consider the collective record between our Vancouver Canucks and the "league leading" Blackhawks when it comes to playing skilled, cup contender, teams.

Canuck's record vs. the top 3 conference teams (Chicago, Anaheim, LA):

W/L/O

5/1/2

Blackhawk's record vs. the top 3 conference teams (Anaheim, Vancouver, LA):

W/L/O

3/4/2

So many people have been discounting the Canucks as first-round drop outs and I imagine they're basing this pessimism on the team's many 20min/40min efforts. Because whenever this team has put in the effort they've been electric on the ice. The Canucks are in their playoff window, they have the experience and talent, they know injuries cost them the cup in 2011 and this year they've put this knowledge into practice.

Of course there are 1001 ways for things to go wrong but that is true for any team. However, It's my firm belief that the Canucks are the best positioned team in the Western Conference to deal with setbacks when their backs are up against the wall.

We have the best dynamic duo in the NHL in the Sedins

We have an absolute never-give-up pitbull in Ryan Kesler.

We have the best Goaltending tandem in the NHL, "Oh, need to put the back-up in net? Lets put this gold medal wearing, game 7 cup final playing, ultimate badass in net." .

And we've surround this core of superstars with play-makers (Roy), cannons (Garrison), and recently activated secret weapons (Corrado). They've added this new blood to the ranks of seasoned veterans who took us to within a hairs breadth of The Cup.

The Canucks are going deep and Chicago will get bounced, they have no chance.

All you naysayers would be better served by planning how you're going to commemorate this season instead of talking absolute bunk about a first round exit.

The chances our first round opponent will be St. Louis , San Jose , or LA are pretty good. I don't like any of those match ups. They are all big strong teams and if Canucks win they will probably be pretty beat up with some injured players. I don't think we're going to get too far these playoffs.

I'm only really worried about St. Louis and LA... St. Louis in particular because we will just get grinded down by there play and physicality. We are skilled enough to beat them but those types of series are bound to give us some injuries and wear us out.

They're a good team, 6-1-0 against Chicago, Vancouver, and LA.

However, Bruce Boudreau, on a deep psychological level, wants nothing in the world more than for the Vancouver Canucks to put him out of his misery.

Everyone talks about the "the Sisters", about the dives and dirty plays. WHAT they don't talk about is how the Vancouver Canucks put them on the toilet for hours at a time due to overwhelming stress/nervousness, with their telephone clenched insanely tight in one hand because they don't know if dehydration or a heart attack will get them first.

Believe me, it's best for everyone if the Canucks win, and they all know that.

If the Nucks played like they did last night and get most of the players back from injuries, we can run with the best..

Sedin Sedin Burrows/Kassian

Higgins Roy Kesler

Raymond Lapierre Hansen

Booth Shroeder Kassian/Burrows

Is a pretty damn good forward group.

Hamhuis Garrison

Edler Bieksa

Tanev Ballard/Alberts

Corrado

Schneider

Luongo

This team on paper can run with the best and if they played like they did last night, watch out.

Honestly, if you think Chicago loses in the first round to Columbus, Minnesota, or possibly Detroit, you might be grasping at the ol' straws a bit.

Vancouver most likely will be playing one of St. Louis or San Jose. They are both big, physical teams (the Blues worry me more). While I think the Canucks win a 7-game series, I find it unlikely we walk out of a series with either team without some injuries. That being said, I think Vancouver can still go deep this year.

Neither Minnesota nor Columbus play a physical game, and Chicago is just too skilled and too fast for either of those teams.

Vancouver needs to be the team who gives the Blackhawks their walking papers in the west conf finals! Could you imagine what it would do for Van going to the finals after sending our greastest rival packing? We would be unstoppable!!

Honestly, if you think Chicago loses in the first round to Columbus, Minnesota, or possibly Detroit, you might be grasping at the ol' straws a bit.

Vancouver most likely will be playing one of St. Louis or San Jose. They are both big, physical teams (the Blues worry me more). While I think the Canucks win a 7-game series, I find it unlikely we walk out of a series with either team without some injuries. That being said, I think Vancouver can still go deep this year.

Neither Minnesota nor Columbus play a physical game, and Chicago is just too skilled and too fast for either of those teams.

I don't know about this. Are you basing this off of the fact we beat the Hawks pretty badly last night? The Hawks did not play their best game (obviously) and were missing a key players (Sharp, Bolland injured early on). I think we will be seeing a different Hawks team in the playoffs.

It's all about matchups. The Canucks are going to play either the Kings, Blues or Sharks in the playoffs. All 3 of those teams will take quite a bit out of Vancouver. Anaheim and Chicago on the other hand, are going to get the Red Wings, Wild or Jackets. The Canucks have to get out of round 1 quickly or else they'll be in trouble.

The Canucks are only going to go deep if they play like they did last night every night. One piss poor game which they compiled many of this season can and probably will cost them a series.

And for the record, the Hawks didn't have Sharp; it's kinda like the Canucks missing Kesler. I guess that's the equivalent.

Archived