427 replies to this topic

#361 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

Luongo doesn't stop at one bad goal though.

8?

#362 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

I'm a goalie since I'm 6-7 years old by now I'm 24 with 2 or 3 years playing D, so yes I know what it's like to play, but I'm tired of all that sh*t in all canadian market to blame the goalie for a lost when there is 18 other guys in front of him who made mistake and can't even score. Maybe you know how it is beeing one of those 18 guys, but do you know how it is beeing the man behind the mask knowing if you let one goal in you'll probably won't win and if you let in 2 goals, weak or not it don't matter, it's 100% sure you'll lost because your team CAN'T SCORE, do you know how much pressure it is to deal with, I'm sure you don't.

Goalie are saving your butt game in and game out, I'm not saying we should never be blamed, I can deal with that if we blew up a game when my team scored 4 - 5 goals, I don't mind to receive the blame if I let in 2 weaks goal and we lost 3 - 2, but don't blame the goalie if the team in front can't even score 2 goals on a regular basis. Sometimes people have doubt about goalie mental toughness, but why do we never talk about the mental toughness of the 18 others guys, if they give up because their goalie let in one bad goal in the 1st five minutes, sorry but they are weak between their two ears to. You give up in a game trailing 1 nothing when 55min left, are you serious?

That's the position/job. There are 18 of them and 1 of you. You're that important. You get all the credit when you win and you get all the blame when you lose.

Edited by Dogbyte, 27 April 2013 - 06:17 PM.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#363 greenbean30

greenbean30

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

That's the position. There are 18 of them and 1 of you. You're that important. You get all the credit when you win and you get all the blame when you lose.

No, usually you get no credit when you win and get all the blame when you lose. Fans give Schneids credit because they are in love with him for now, like when Luo first showed up. But soon in fans eyes we will be winning in-spite of him, just like how we apparently were winning in-spite of Luo for the past 2 years.

Edited by greenbean30, 27 April 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#364 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,779 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

No, usually you get no credit when you win and get all the blame when you lose. Fans give Schneids credit because they are in love with him for now, like when Luo first showed up. But soon in fans eyes we will be winning in-spite of him, just like how we apparently were winning in-spite of Luo for the past 2 years.

We'll be perfectly happy with Schneirder as long as he doesn't consistently have one terrible playoff series every season.

TRad-N.gif

#365 greenbean30

greenbean30

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

We'll be perfectly happy with Schneirder as long as he doesn't consistently have one terrible playoff series every season.

We will see, but with Vancouver's history, I highly doubt it.
PS I love both goalies.

Edited by greenbean30, 27 April 2013 - 06:31 PM.

#366 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

Whatever floats your boat man.

Goaltending in Canada is a notoriously tough job. Just because Lou had a rough patch and had Schnieder rise up and take the #1 spot is no reason to proclaim disaster for another Canuck, and a terrific one at that. I always wonder what Cory did to you guys to make you so desperate for his failure.

Pathetic fan support.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#367 greenbean30

greenbean30

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

Whatever floats your boat man.

Goaltending in Canada is a notoriously tough job. Just because Lou had a rough patch and had Schnieder rise up and take the #1 spot is no reason to proclaim disaster for another Canuck, and a terrific one at that. I always wonder what Cory did to you guys to make you so desperate for his failure.

Pathetic fan support.

I don't hope Cory fails, I like him and support him. I also support Luongo and am happy with both goaltenders. Do I think it is time for Luo to move on? Yes I do, but not because Schneider is the better goaltender. They are both great.
And yes I know goaltending is a tough position in Canada. I used to be a goalie when I was younger.

#368 canucks_qc

canucks_qc

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

Luongo doesn't stop at one bad goal though.

A lot of people blame Luongo for our lost in game #7, after the first 30mins it was only 1 nothing for the Bruins. Are you saying our skaters are weak enough to give up in a game that is only 1 nothing after the first half?

That's the position/job. There are 18 of them and 1 of you. You're that important. You get all the credit when you win and you get all the blame when you lose.

Let say a d-man made a bad pass in his own zone that turn into a turn over, the opponent immediatly take a shot, score and the goalie seem to have let in a bad goal, he haven't move fast enough because we wasn't ready beeing sure his teamate wouldn't have tried a bad play, who will get the blame for that goal, most of people will blame the goalie for it.

We only get credit in a 1 nothing or 2 - 1 victory when we made 35+ saves, other than that the team get the credit for the victory.

+1

Do I like Luongo yes, him and Brodeur are my 2 favourite goalies, is it the reason why I'm "protecting" Luongo, no I'm doing it because goalies are a huge familly. Remember when Luongo was talking with the rookie goalie of the Wild if my memory is good, I few days/weeks ago I saw another keeper doing the same thing. Do I hope Schneider look bad when he will be back no, in 3 or 4 years when the Canucks' fans will be tired on him and throw him under the bus because he haven't won us a Cup, would I defend him yes, I will do the samething with Lack if he became our #1 one day.

Edited by canucks_qc, 27 April 2013 - 08:48 PM.

We have more than we think in common with ''Le Canadien de Montréal''

Both have logo shapped in ''C''

Canadien and Canucks mean the samething

We both hate the Boston Bruins now

Alain Vigneault coached both teams

Rogers Arena, Centre Bell, it's phones company

We are blue white and green they are blue white and red

Our #1 goalie is from Qc, their #1 goalie is from BC

But we have one important thing different and I hope it will change after the next season, we don't have Stanley Cup banner

#369 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,779 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

A lot of people blame Luongo for our lost in game #7, after the first 30mins it was only 1 nothing for the Bruins. Are you saying our skaters are weak enough to give up in a game that is only 1 nothing after the first half?

I'm saying our skaters had reason to not trust Luongo to stop anything given his previous performances. As a result, they were unable to take the chances necessary to tie it up.

Edited by AV's Replacement, 27 April 2013 - 09:28 PM.

TRad-N.gif

#370 canucks_qc

canucks_qc

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

I'm saying our skaters had reason to not trust Luongo to stop anything given his previous performances. As a result, they were unable to take the chances necessary to tie it up.

Not trusting him for what? Because he had a few bad game here and there during the 2011 playoffs like every other goalies??? When in fact he have been a lot better than he have been bad. I can tell you after game #7 the skaters, if they are team players and/or smart enough and/or real profesionnal there is no chance they would blame Luongo, because they know if they went to game #7 it's because of him. Our goalie gave us a chance to win most of the time, but our offence never gave us a real chance on a regular basis to win games(3 goals and more) in the Stanley Cup Finals like the previous series.

We have more than we think in common with ''Le Canadien de Montréal''

Both have logo shapped in ''C''

Canadien and Canucks mean the samething

We both hate the Boston Bruins now

Alain Vigneault coached both teams

Rogers Arena, Centre Bell, it's phones company

We are blue white and green they are blue white and red

Our #1 goalie is from Qc, their #1 goalie is from BC

But we have one important thing different and I hope it will change after the next season, we don't have Stanley Cup banner

#371 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,023 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

Meh Schneider in net tonight score would have still been 6-2 (minus the bad stick handling goal). Not much you can do when your team lets guys walk right in.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#372 Gman

Gman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

8?

No, sorry. So close but the number we were looking for today was 7.
Posted Image

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the same sense to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart." - H.L. Mencken

"When you understand why you don't believe in other people's gods, you will understand why I don't believe in yours."- Albert Einstein

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs." - Unknown

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization" - Unknown

#373 StopesisCanucks

StopesisCanucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

This doesn't even make sense? They r playing in gm 7 of the SCF and down 1 goal half through the game. The players should be blamed if they do not trust their goalie and can't take chances to tie it up.

#374 Underachieving Hero of CDC

Underachieving Hero of CDC

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

Not trusting him for what? Because he had a few bad game here and there during the 2011 playoffs like every other goalies??? When in fact he have been a lot better than he have been bad. I can tell you after game #7 the skaters, if they are team players and/or smart enough and/or real profesionnal there is no chance they would blame Luongo, because they know if they went to game #7 it's because of him. Our goalie gave us a chance to win most of the time, but our offence never gave us a real chance on a regular basis to win games(3 goals and more) in the Stanley Cup Finals like the previous series.

No goalie had as many questionable outings as Luongo did. He was absolutely horrible in 2 of the Chicago games and noticeably shaky in a 3rd. He let in an outrageous amount of seemingly harmless pucks from behind the goal line in the Nashville series. I think it was around 6 or 7 goals over the course of the series. He was admittedly very solid against SJ but every single time he went into Boston he was a complete mess. If you look at the goalies that we played against that year...Crawford was very very good all the way through...Rinne was lights out and gave the preds a chance every single night...Niemi had a couple shaky performances but was decent overall and didn't do anything Luongo-esque...Thomas was spectacular for the full 7 games.

#375 prana16

prana16

Canucks Prospect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:38 PM

No goalie had as many questionable outings as Luongo did. He was absolutely horrible in 2 of the Chicago games and noticeably shaky in a 3rd. He let in an outrageous amount of seemingly harmless pucks from behind the goal line in the Nashville series. I think it was around 6 or 7 goals over the course of the series. He was admittedly very solid against SJ but every single time he went into Boston he was a complete mess. If you look at the goalies that we played against that year...Crawford was very very good all the way through...Rinne was lights out and gave the preds a chance every single night...Niemi had a couple shaky performances but was decent overall and didn't do anything Luongo-esque...Thomas was spectacular for the full 7 games.

Those outings wouldn't have been questionable if not for av.. they would have just been bad games. Other goalies don't have 7-8 goal meltdowns only because their coaches rightly pull them after 4 or 5. Only AV leaves his starter in net, doesn't take a time out and lets another team score two or three in quick succession with no coaching response. 7uon8o is completely at the hands of AV.. nice respect for a guy that single handedly won him a Jack Adams award. that award is luongos vezina.

#376 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:42 PM

No, sorry. So close but the number we were looking for today was 7.

but the Canucks were on the PP for the last 2 mins and he didn't face a shot, well he almost shot one in himself.

#377 Underachieving Hero of CDC

Underachieving Hero of CDC

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:24 AM

Those outings wouldn't have been questionable if not for av.. they would have just been bad games. Other goalies don't have 7-8 goal meltdowns only because their coaches rightly pull them after 4 or 5. Only AV leaves his starter in net, doesn't take a time out and lets another team score two or three in quick succession with no coaching response. 7uon8o is completely at the hands of AV.. nice respect for a guy that single handedly won him a Jack Adams award. that award is luongos vezina.

What are you talking about? Luongo was pulled a whole bunch of times throughout the run (just checked, it was 5 times ). It was up to Schneider to come in and stop the bleeding, which he did admirably.

Edited by Underachieving Hero of CDC, 28 April 2013 - 12:29 AM.

#378 prana16

prana16

Canucks Prospect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:44 AM

What are you talking about? Luongo was pulled a whole bunch of times throughout the run (just checked, it was 5 times ). It was up to Schneider to come in and stop the bleeding, which he did admirably.

And thomas got lit up by tampa 4 times.. the bruins just outscored that problem.. something the canucks didnt' seem to want to do in the finals.. Lu got two shutouts and a 1 goal overtime win.... thats 3 of four games needed that he basically got himself.. i think the best offense in the league could have mustered up a 4 or 5 goal outing at least once to get the 4th... but ya it was all lu's fault.

I remember schneider didn't stop any bleeding.. he got scored on in relief everytime he came in which was 3 times not 5.. one of those being a start in game six where he looked good until he spotted chicago two goals then left with cramps after getting scored on again.

Before the finals Lu and thomas had identical numbers.. av left lu in as usual and made sure that wasn't the case by game 7 even though lu had 2 shutouts.

#379 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78,667 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:46 AM

Mobile.

307mg00.jpg

#380 AllEyezOnMe

AllEyezOnMe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:56 AM

Any updates ?

#381 Ghostdivision

Ghostdivision

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:51 AM

No this is not true, some fans hated schneider before he even got a chance to be number 1 unlike lou. Everyone welcomed lou as a number 1, literally half the fanbase was running down schneider because of psychotic clinically insane lou fans who were emotionally attached to him running schneider down because they wanted lou to play. Schneider was at the top of the league in stats near the end of the season and still lou fans daily were posting stupid threads such as "lou should start tonight" grow up and admit we are evolving and moving to a new younger goal tender.

Edited by Ghostdivision, 28 April 2013 - 03:53 AM.

#382 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

No this is not true, some fans hated schneider before he even got a chance to be number 1 unlike lou. Everyone welcomed lou as a number 1, literally half the fanbase was running down schneider because of psychotic clinically insane lou fans who were emotionally attached to him running schneider down because they wanted lou to play. Schneider was at the top of the league in stats near the end of the season and still lou fans daily were posting stupid threads such as "lou should start tonight" grow up and admit we are evolving and moving to a new younger goal tender.

Who is anyone kidding? I really don't think Cory, nor Luongo give too craps about what a bunch of kids are writing about them on CDC. In fact outside of CDC i hardly hear a peep of anyone criticizing Schneider.

Luongo is a different story but the fanbase was in love with him for years until playoff collapse after collapse. This wasn't an overnight change. People lost faith in Luo because of his playoff performances plain and simple and not to mention he did come off a bit arrogant with the way he portrayed himself. Obviously he's done a 180 in that department but that's just the way he came off back then. If Schneider can remain consistant in the playoffs i really don't see the fanbase turning on him despite what you may read on here.

#383 Owen Nolan

Owen Nolan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,170 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:31 AM

@mirtle: Mentioned this late last night but I'm hearing Luongo is likely to start postseason for Canucks. Schneider injury a real x-factor.
Posted Image

#384 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,249 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

shizzzzzz

Watch Luongo be vindictive and intentionally stink it up.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#385 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,779 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:06 AM

shizzzzzz

Watch Luongo be vindictive and intentionally stink it up.

Sorry, I didn't record last night's game.

TRad-N.gif

#386 ahf149

ahf149

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

Wouldnt it be ironic if Schnieder was injured for the entire playoffs, and Luongo had to play and he won?

Cue the goaltending disaster!
Life is short, LIVE IT

#387 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,062 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

Schneider better be back soon. I have zero confidence in Luongo.

(Sig removed by mod)
Previously Doug The Thug Glatt

#388 Nucks fan555555

Nucks fan555555

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:26 AM

lol this goaltending drama will never end in Vancity
Go Canucks Go

#389 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:41 AM

He better be good to go, the guy is just simply ready to steal us some series.

#390 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

lol this goaltending drama will never end in Vancity

It will end in 2 weeks or less if Schneider doesn't come back to the net before playoffs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.