The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Oilers 7-2 Canucks

JE14

The fact is Luongo could very likely be the starter in Game 1. Under normal circumstances I would say win, lose, 5-2 or 7-2, what's the difference? Tonight though Luongo should have been on the bench to start the 3rd period. At the very least he should have been pulled after the 4-2 or 5-2 goals. It wasn't difficult to see this game was a write-off and that it was going to turn into a blowout. I'm not sure if AV was trying to send a message or not but either way he picked the wrong time to leave him in there.

As for Luongo leaving in 12 minutes I was not surprised given the look on his face they showed after the 6th or 7th goal. He was giving one hell of a glare towards that Vancouver bench. I don't think it's a big deal though. They can hash it out like men tomorrow or on the plane home. It'll get dealt with and be over long before the media is done talking about it.

What a crappy game, the Canucks suck! They are absolutely horrid. Like seriously what the hell!!

Sedins were useless!

Burrows sucked!

Garrison didn't even have a shot on net!

Edler was a no show!

Hamhuis is terrible!

It was as if Bieksa hadn't played hockey in a while!

This team can't win anything with the players that were playing tonight.

What a joke. This team has no respect for Roberto.

They can't put in a decent effort in what could very well be his final home game. They left him out to dry in the third period of tonight's game which may have been his very last game as a Canuck. It's appalling. Given how they have played the last two games, I doubt anyone in the dressing room stood up and went "Hey guys, this might be Roberto's final couple games as a Canuck so lets go out and play 60 minutes, play hard, put in a good effort, and win it for him."

And quite frankly this team is going to get murdered by the Sharks. Plain and simple. All the Canucks have done this month is beat up on basement dwellers, except the Oilers. When challenged by legitimate opposition? The Canucks have been spanked. Furthermore we all know the Sharks have owned his team this season.

The Canucks are going down in flames. They're not going to pull their heads of out their asses over night. How they have played for the entire past month is indicative of what we're going to see against the Sharks. I'm calling for a Sharks sweep, or a 4-1 series win at the worst for them.

thank god the playoffs are almost here say what you want but when the canucks played in what would be the closest thing to a playoff game against chicago they dominated says a lot that this team has been waiting for playoffs to arrive and here they come i can't wait

stop with the negativity

no you said that his trade we lost, so where you pissed when Bieksa scored the OT goal to send us to SCF? Where you pissed when we won first 2 games of the SCF? So you only say things when Luongo has a bad game but when he was winning that year you were all up on his d**k....

What's your point? This team's main nucleus will remain the same for the foreseeable future. Good or bad, this is what the team is. We can only hope for changes during the off-season if things don't go well, and even then, the best we can realistically hope for is small improvements here and there.

Schneider does give us a better chance to win...that doesn't mean we will win.

Archived