The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We need to focus. We can haul this round if we get back to basics........

Bodee

Firstly, Gillis, you are an ass. How are you going to spin this one? Pack your bags and take "Tinkerman" with you.

As I thought, a team that exists on chemistry has had any chance of building that chemistry destroyed by AV and injuries.

AV has ruined this team by playing players all over the place. He doesn't even use that tactic correctly, because if the changes don't produce right off the bat, he changes again..............and even if the changes do work, the team only has to have one bad game and he is changing everything again. WE LOOK SO DISORGANISED OUT THERE.........it's f-------g horrible!!

After 2-3 years of Gillis's inactivity and excuses and spin we are forced into playing Ebbett, Kassian, Corrado, Gordon, Ballard in the 4th, Barker and Joslin..............The one player who actually shone, Schroeder was bundled back to Chicago because he had a couple of ordinary games.

Our dumping policy is crap........all it does is give the puck away and let the other team change at our expense.

Our passing is awful, it's like the whole team has been coached by Booth. Players constantly having their stride broken or having to brake or change direction to pick up a pass.

Is Kassian worth anything in the team just now? I doubt it.

Ebbett is only a trier and contributes nothing.

Weise needs to focus on the job at hand. Putting up points and stop trying to look like he is any kind of enforcer.

We are not a good enough team to sit a player like Ballard and if AV thinks we are he's a fool.

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler (if the Sedins won't shoot Kes sure as hell will)

Higgins - Roy - Burrows

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen (the best line all season)

Weise - Lapierre - Kassian (I'm not even sure Kassian belongs in the team but it's not his fault...he's being forced)

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Ballard - Alberts (surely Alberts can play better than a rookie, even on his "wrong" side)

Luongo

Lastly focus. How many points does a hit put on the board? So why are we being drawn out of position and risking penalties for hits that mean very little if they are not part of the play. There was one team trying to look physical out there and one team getting on with the job.

If we drop the next game, it's time for a major shakeup, because we blow this series and MG will be forced to make some major moves...Here's what I want to see if we lose Game 2 with under 2 goals for:

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler (makes sense to put your 3 best players together, Kesler is a RH shooter and big body, why not)

Raymond - Roy - Hansen (pretty good last game, building chemistry, scored our only goal)

Burrows - Lapierre - Higgins (this line has proven chemistry, ex-Habs are great together as are the two French-Canadians)

Kassian - Gaunce/Ebbett/Pinizotto - Sestito/Weise (big bodies, throw big hits but Kassian/Weise also have some speed)

Roy gives this team the option to load up on the first line, and Burrows has quite frankly been invisible with the twins for the majority of the season. In fact I think he's scored more goals per game on lines without them than with them, as have the Sedins (they lit it up with Kassian and Hansen on their line in the brief time they were together). Load up, go all in AV.

The hitting probably has a lot to do with the Canucks as a team not wanting to get pushed around this year. I dont understand why ballard is not in the line up, and i dont understand how ebbet deserves a spot over shroeder. We looked nervous last night, im going to chalk it down as a bad game. We will be better in game 2. Luongo was good last night, still cant wait till Schneiders back, this team plays better infront of Schneider for what ever reason.

Gotta stay positive fellas. The playoffs are about adjustments, making adjustments when your game doesn't go right. It's a 7 game series, we just need to win 4 of the next 6 where the sharks with no more than 2 losses sprinkled in there. There definitely needs to be some adjustments though, and fast, based on the game last night...

What went wrong:

1) Second line of Raymond Kesler Kassian simply was not working.

2) Sedins were not engaged. No space for them to work due to the style of play the Canucks used.

3) Derek Roy had no support and the third line was useless.

4) Dale weise and Andrew Ebett contributed absolutely nothing.

5) For whatever reason the team looked tentative out there, and it always seems to happen when Luongo is in net.

6) Edler and Bieksa DONT WORK as a pairing, and Hamhuis got exposed twice while playing with Garrison.

Changes:

1) Change the second line to Higgins Roy Kesler, and bump lapierre up to third line center.

2) Roll Burrows with the Sedins, however we need to play a game with more focus on our speed and skill, and less on finishing hits.

3)Derek Roy on the second line with Kesler and Higgins - proven to work. Roy can take draws, Kes can too. This allows those guys to be more aggresive in the dot and not worry about getting tossed out.

4)Throw Weise and Ebbett on the fourth line and limit their minutes big time, load up the top 3 and play the 4th minimally.

5) The team needs Schneider to get the next start, and I'm the biggest Luongo fan. It's not fair, or just, or logical. They simply don't play as well in front of Luongo for whatever reason.

6) Hamhuis with Bieksa, Edler with Garrison. Or Hamhuis with Edler, and Bieksa with Garrison, until Tanev returns.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Roy - Kesler

Raymond - Lappy - Hansen

plug - plug - Kassian

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Alberts - Corrado

And then BELIEVE!

Insult Booth - check

Squeeze in some criticism of Gillis - check

Insert a random and unnecessary expletive to give everyone the impression you're tough - check

Multiple misuse of the ellipsis - check

Yep, this a classic Bodee thread :picard:

Insult Booth - check

Squeeze in some criticism of Gillis - check

Insert a random and unnecessary expletive to give everyone the impression you're tough - check

Multiple misuse of the ellipsis - check

Yep, this a classic Bodee thread :picard:

I'm more concerned with the matchups. Henrik, Kesler, and Roy matchup well with Thornton, Couture, and Pavelski. If we load up the first or second line then our third line centre (Lapierre/Schroeder/Ebbet) might have a tough time going against a solid Joe Pavelski.

I've never spoken to you about football. Unless you're referring to your hard man posts about how you used to get into fights after games.

Not sure what that has to do with how terrible your posts are. All you ever do is put a positive title on a thread to mask your negativity. There is no substance to your threads whatsoever.

Archived