Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

We need to focus. We can haul this round if we get back to basics........

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:08 AM

POPULAR

Firstly, Gillis, you are an ass. How are you going to spin this one? Pack your bags and take "Tinkerman" with you.

As I thought, a team that exists on chemistry has had any chance of building that chemistry destroyed by AV and injuries.

AV has ruined this team by playing players all over the place. He doesn't even use that tactic correctly, because if the changes don't produce right off the bat, he changes again..............and even if the changes do work, the team only has to have one bad game and he is changing everything again. WE LOOK SO DISORGANISED OUT THERE.........it's f-------g horrible!!

After 2-3 years of Gillis's inactivity and excuses and spin we are forced into playing Ebbett, Kassian, Corrado, Gordon, Ballard in the 4th, Barker and Joslin..............The one player who actually shone, Schroeder was bundled back to Chicago because he had a couple of ordinary games.

Our dumping policy is crap........all it does is give the puck away and let the other team change at our expense.
Our passing is awful, it's like the whole team has been coached by Booth. Players constantly having their stride broken or having to brake or change direction to pick up a pass.

Is Kassian worth anything in the team just now? I doubt it.
Ebbett is only a trier and contributes nothing.
Weise needs to focus on the job at hand. Putting up points and stop trying to look like he is any kind of enforcer.
We are not a good enough team to sit a player like Ballard and if AV thinks we are he's a fool.

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler (if the Sedins won't shoot Kes sure as hell will)

Higgins - Roy - Burrows

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen (the best line all season)

Weise - Lapierre - Kassian (I'm not even sure Kassian belongs in the team but it's not his fault...he's being forced)

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Garrison
Ballard - Alberts (surely Alberts can play better than a rookie, even on his "wrong" side)

Luongo

Lastly focus. How many points does a hit put on the board? So why are we being drawn out of position and risking penalties for hits that mean very little if they are not part of the play. There was one team trying to look physical out there and one team getting on with the job.

Edited by Bodee, 02 May 2013 - 04:10 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#2 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,665 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:38 AM

If we drop the next game, it's time for a major shakeup, because we blow this series and MG will be forced to make some major moves...Here's what I want to see if we lose Game 2 with under 2 goals for:

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler (makes sense to put your 3 best players together, Kesler is a RH shooter and big body, why not)
Raymond - Roy - Hansen (pretty good last game, building chemistry, scored our only goal)
Burrows - Lapierre - Higgins (this line has proven chemistry, ex-Habs are great together as are the two French-Canadians)
Kassian - Gaunce/Ebbett/Pinizotto - Sestito/Weise (big bodies, throw big hits but Kassian/Weise also have some speed)

Roy gives this team the option to load up on the first line, and Burrows has quite frankly been invisible with the twins for the majority of the season. In fact I think he's scored more goals per game on lines without them than with them, as have the Sedins (they lit it up with Kassian and Hansen on their line in the brief time they were together). Load up, go all in AV.
Posted Image

#3 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:33 AM

wow Bodee, we've had our moments but I definitely agree with you here.
Good post.

#4 klosetotheheart

klosetotheheart

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:51 AM

The hitting probably has a lot to do with the Canucks as a team not wanting to get pushed around this year. I dont understand why ballard is not in the line up, and i dont understand how ebbet deserves a spot over shroeder. We looked nervous last night, im going to chalk it down as a bad game. We will be better in game 2. Luongo was good last night, still cant wait till Schneiders back, this team plays better infront of Schneider for what ever reason.

#5 Raffi Torres's Smirk

Raffi Torres's Smirk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

Bodee I liked your lineup and your point about line juggling, but that was about it. I don't mind dump and chase hockey. I really like that they played physical last night.

Kesler with the Sedins... that would be fun to watch!

#6 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:03 AM

I liked your forward lines.

Imo defence looked good last night. Don't fix what's not broken. All in all good post bodee

Edited by TruCanuck, 02 May 2013 - 08:06 AM.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#7 El_Capitan

El_Capitan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:04 AM

Why is everyone so serious?

We lost game 1, the #neat thing is, is that there's another 3 games we need to lose before the doom and gloom really begins.

Posted Image

#8 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:07 AM

Get that useless bum Ebbet out of there and atleast insert Schroeder..we can use all the offence we can get.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#9 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:07 AM

POPULAR

Insult Booth - check

Squeeze in some criticism of Gillis - check

Insert a random and unnecessary expletive to give everyone the impression you're tough - check

Multiple misuse of the ellipsis - check

Yep, this a classic Bodee thread :picard:

#10 EvoLu7ioN

EvoLu7ioN

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:10 AM

Gotta stay positive fellas. The playoffs are about adjustments, making adjustments when your game doesn't go right. It's a 7 game series, we just need to win 4 of the next 6 where the sharks with no more than 2 losses sprinkled in there. There definitely needs to be some adjustments though, and fast, based on the game last night...

What went wrong:
1) Second line of Raymond Kesler Kassian simply was not working.
2) Sedins were not engaged. No space for them to work due to the style of play the Canucks used.
3) Derek Roy had no support and the third line was useless.
4) Dale weise and Andrew Ebett contributed absolutely nothing.
5) For whatever reason the team looked tentative out there, and it always seems to happen when Luongo is in net.
6) Edler and Bieksa DONT WORK as a pairing, and Hamhuis got exposed twice while playing with Garrison.

Changes:
1) Change the second line to Higgins Roy Kesler, and bump lapierre up to third line center.
2) Roll Burrows with the Sedins, however we need to play a game with more focus on our speed and skill, and less on finishing hits.
3)Derek Roy on the second line with Kesler and Higgins - proven to work. Roy can take draws, Kes can too. This allows those guys to be more aggresive in the dot and not worry about getting tossed out.
4)Throw Weise and Ebbett on the fourth line and limit their minutes big time, load up the top 3 and play the 4th minimally.
5) The team needs Schneider to get the next start, and I'm the biggest Luongo fan. It's not fair, or just, or logical. They simply don't play as well in front of Luongo for whatever reason.
6) Hamhuis with Bieksa, Edler with Garrison. Or Hamhuis with Edler, and Bieksa with Garrison, until Tanev returns.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Roy - Kesler
Raymond - Lappy - Hansen
plug - plug - Kassian

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Garrison
Alberts - Corrado

And then BELIEVE!

Edited by EvoLu7ioN, 02 May 2013 - 08:11 AM.

Posted Image

#11 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,825 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:10 AM

Kes and the twins looked anemic and that was the difference in the score.

#12 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:13 AM

Higgins Roy and Hansen should stay together, Tanev when/or if he's back should be with Ballard..Twins with Burr, keep em' consistent and goals will come...if it ain't broke don't fix it.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#13 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

Lineups should include any forward willing to participate in playoff hockey and not dream world perimeter soft pond hockey...

We know who they are....get them out....lets die on our shields.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#14 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,470 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:42 AM

Insult Booth - check

Insert a random and unnecessary expletive to give everyone the impression you're tough - check

This is THE CLASSIC Bodee thread.

http://forum.canucks...-im-calling-it/

#15 Cynrgee

Cynrgee

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:44 AM

Why is everyone so serious?

We lost game 1, the #neat thing is, is that there's another 3 games we need to lose before the doom and gloom really begins.

I think the loss of the first game is just an indicator to a lot of people that we keep doing the same thing over and over and get the same result i.e. losing.

I agree with Bodee about the constant line changes and the dump and chase approach.
I like Kass' physical play. Just don't think he's found his niche.
Posted Image
Thanks to Vintage Canuck for the sig.

#16 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

Insult Booth - check

You never got over me telling you just how crap Celtic/ the OF and their fans are. Did you, you sad wee stalker? :frantic: :)

Edited by Bodee, 02 May 2013 - 09:01 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#17 Blömqvist

Blömqvist

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:54 AM

I'm more concerned with the matchups. Henrik, Kesler, and Roy matchup well with Thornton, Couture, and Pavelski. If we load up the first or second line then our third line centre (Lapierre/Schroeder/Ebbet) might have a tough time going against a solid Joe Pavelski.

Every pizza is a personal pizza if you try hard enough and believe in yourself.

#18 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

This is THE CLASSIC Bodee thread.

http://forum.canucks...-im-calling-it/

I still like that thread. Pity they just coudn't do it at the end..........maybe next year :)
Kevin.jpg

#19 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:10 AM

You never got over me telling you just how crap Celtic/ the OF are. Did you, you sad wee stalker? :frantic: :)

I've never spoken to you about football. Unless you're referring to your hard man posts about how you used to get into fights after games.

Not sure what that has to do with how terrible your posts are. All you ever do is put a positive title on a thread to mask your negativity. There is no substance to your threads whatsoever.

#20 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

I've never spoken to you about football. Unless you're referring to your hard man posts about how you used to get into fights after games.

Not sure what that has to do with how terrible your posts are. All you ever do is put a positive title on a thread to mask your negativity. There is no substance to your threads whatsoever.

Yes it was how we defended ourselves when Celtic thugs stoned and then tried to board a bus with women and children on it, If that makes me a hard man then guilty as charged. I would hope anyone would do the same in my position, especially as the police nearby were too afraid to act.

As for your opinion of my threads. I suppose if your are incapable of actually contributing a thread, someone like you has to make do with following those who are able to and make personal attacks. As I said you're a bit of a sad wee stalker aren't you?

Edited by Bodee, 02 May 2013 - 10:48 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#21 Just Jimmy

Just Jimmy

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

I noticed quite a bit of substance in Bodee's thread...people keep saying let's not lose ourselves and wait until they lose another game yada yada...haven't we been saying this all year? The fact of the matter is that this will not stop, AV hasn't learned anything and we are probably going to get swept right out of the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row? If that's what it is going to take to get AV out of here so be it.

I don't think all the blame however should be with the coaching...it is the players that have to suit up. The Sedins are just not effective in the post season.

#22 erkayloomeh

erkayloomeh

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

ballard in for ebbett
GOD BE PRAISED

#23 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:37 PM

Yes it was how we defended ourselves when Celtic thugs stoned and then tried to board a bus with women and children on it, If that makes me a hard man then guilty as charged. I would hope anyone would do the same in my position, especially as the police nearby were too afraid to act.

As for your opinion of my threads. I suppose if your are incapable of actually contributing a thread, someone like you has to make do with following those who are able to and make personal attacks. As I said you're a bit of a sad wee stalker aren't you?

I'm not stalking you. I'm calling you out for the drivel you regularly pollute this forum with, and it's clear that others share my opinion. Once in a blue moon you'll post something that makes a lot of sense, but your personal vendetta against certain members of this club and your unhealthy obsession with grammar and "push back" make you near impossible to take seriously.

Call me a sad wee stalker all you want but that won't change my views on the quality (or evident lack of quality) of your posts.

I'm done, before I get a warning..

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck, 02 May 2013 - 01:01 PM.

#24 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

Lets not get personal here ladies. Gotta keep our composure. Remember we're all on the same team.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#25 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

Lets not get personal here ladies. Gotta keep our composure. Remember we're all on the same team.

Yep. I've said everything I wanted to. I won't be interacting with Bodee from here on out.

#26 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

AV will never have the balls to put Kesler with the Sedins 5 on 5. Maybe if we're losing halfway through the 3rd and we're facing elimination in the series..

#27 jag

jag

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

hits are almost as important as shots on net, I was lookign for a stronger hitting start but didn't get it. The edler hit created a goal. But I agree we have to funnel that energy properly and make sure our hits don't get us out of position too much... its a skill to do aswell, and something we need togo far int he playoffs, AV knows this and you may not, thats why he is the coach. As far as performance that is debatable and needs to be practiced with a full team buyin otherwise the fault falls in leadership and management.

Edited by jag, 02 May 2013 - 12:53 PM.

#28 rkyway

rkyway

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

"Get back to basics?" This team has been playing AV basics all year long.

#29 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

Yep. I've said everything I wanted to. I won't be interacting with Bodee from here on out.

Well that's a relief, I know you Celtic fans have a reputation for being paranoid but I was beginning to think I'd run over your puppy.

I'm sorry you felt the need to "call me out for the drivel you regularly pollute this forum with." It seems you are such a fan, you read all my posts/threads (wow I'm honoured)

All you have in fact done, is to make a fool of yourself, attempting to make a personal attack on me (not for the first time) for expressing my opinionIn.

Here's a tip. When you see my name "Bodee" just jog on and that way you won't embarrass yourself further.
Kevin.jpg

#30 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,669 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.