The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If we lose series do we fire AV ?

tracyjordan

AV could have called a time out and perhaps not allow the goal that tied it. He could have rested his guys and told Edler to get off the ice. Gillis is ultimately responsible for keeping the smirking AV.

I am a fan of Mike Gillis and would not like him to be fired. I've liked the moves he's made even though they haven't always turned out. He really has brought it some good players (booth, ballard, roy, to name a few). But when the players get here half of them cannot continue performing at a level they have in previous years. I believe that's a coaches problem. I also have really liked MG's drafting although most of his picks have not been given a chance to play regularly in the NHL yet. However, with all of that to be said IF MG would not fire AV if we lose this series, I would want him fired immediately. All of my respect that he has built up over the years would be completely gone. Keeping AV would be Mike Gillis' Achilles heel

Yes, he should be fired. The entire coaching staff should be fired. We need a new system. It should be apparent to everyone that AV's system has run stagnant. I bet you anything AV's system is the reason for our lack of scoring. Sedins are still elite players, but they can't do much in this system. They need a new coach who can get them to change it up because AV sure isn't doing it. I bet a lot of our problems could have been solved if AV was fired last year.

Guest Gumballthechewy

You don't become a teams winningest coach in 40+ years by fluke or luck and I'd you're going to blame him for the bad then you have to credit him with the good.

Guest Gumballthechewy

gillis will fire av in a desparate attempt to save his own sorry ass.

they both need to go as do a long list of plugs

MG needs to be fired first so the new incoming GM can pick his coaching staff.

AV absolutely needs to go. However, it starts at the top. MG had a small window with this core. He screwed with the chemistry and alienated both his goaltenders and created a major distraction for this team.

The acquisition of the likes of Booth, Ballard, Sestito, Roy has done nothing to improve this team. They needed a few more large bodies who could play. After 2011 it was evident that the team was so close, but ultimately needed a few more big bodies.

How on earth is Mayson Raymond still on this team??? He was part of the problem and definitely not the solution.

Instead he let their Powerplay QB in erhoff go to the Sabres and trade away an excellent center man in Hodgson. Kassian will not be a good player. He lacks the hockey IQ. Terrible trade done in haste.

MG must go! Period.

at this point I'm so excited for the chance that the Canucks may finally be rid of AV and possibly even MG. I'm more than happy to dump these guys and take this team in a different direction, new voice, new mentality.

I'm not as disappointed in this team as some are, but I definitely have seen enough from the usual suspects and am eager to see some change.. even if it hurts more and the team sputters for a couple seasons. I still they have a good enough core with Kesler, Roy (if he stays), Hansen, Higgy, Booth and Burrows after the Sedins fade out and the D goes through changes.. we just need a new mentality and voice in the room.

I've been saying it for 4 years now that AV is not taking this team anywhere.. true, we did great in 2011, but I still feel like for all his success with this team its time to move on. If the Canucks should get knocked out and instead keep AV, I won't be watching this team until they get rid of him.. its gone on long enough now.. can't stomach this approach any longer.

After 82? After 94?The gradual dissemination of a strong group of players... Yes now this Coach and GM have run the same fumbling attempts to regain the magic that propelled them to a great playoff run we had in 2011, nope every alteration pushed us further away from that team..and it was only fitting that Torres scored last night.

It's a given that AV is gone if we're out round 1 again, and it's not looking good for MG either. I mean if he can't trade Ballard, Booth or Luongo, Aquillini will be forced to buy out 2 of the 3, and Lu will probably be waived. He'd also have to bite the bullet on paying his salary in the minors.

Archived