The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How much did YOU spend?

africaboombutta

So I was reading Botch's latest article, and some of the comments about how the Canucks owe us as "paying" customers.

Here is the question?

How much money have each of you spend on the Canucks? Personally? After the lockout, I have spent $17.99 on a hat that was on sale. Not a dime more. Then it dawned on me, for the amount of money I spent, and the number of hours I received as entertainment for free - can I really be upset at the Canucks? Sadly, no.

Although, I feel I have every right to say - Gillis, if you want my money, give me a product that's worth spending cash on.

Good point - but I guess that gives you full NHL (not only Canucks) + MLS + CFL + EPL - so it's really not that bad

Don't the majority of ad's have "click-through" payments? I personally have never clicked on an ad on this site - maybe once by accident.

Although I didn't spend any money directly on the Canucks this year, I did watch several games on TV.

As a TV viewer, I contributed to the show's ratings, and ratings are what help determine how much the network can charge for advertising and the team and league can charge for the rights to televise the game.

So would the Canucks owe me as a "paying" customer?

hmmm lets see, over my entire time of being a fan (since i was a baby)

3 jerseys. 1 kids and 2 adult ones probably around $600 total

8-9 t-shirts/hoodies/sweatshirts etc... around $250 dollars

pucks, bobbleheads and other merchandise around $150 dollars

that adds up to an even $1000

Edit: I forgot about all the games i've been to

lets see, i've been to three playoff games and about 25 regular season games in my life. I'd say that total cost of that would be around $2500.

so $3500 all in all approximately.... Damn that's so much money. I agree we need better product for the kind of cash they make us shell out.

A lot, sadly. Seasons' tickets. Merchandise. Beer. Food. Parking. Charity.(don't feel bad about supporting Canucks for Kids)

Likely cost my family an awesome 4-week, 5 star vacation. However, we love our hockey.

Archived