256 replies to this topic

#91 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,828 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

Ownership won't fire gillis. Not for a whole unless they consecutively miss the playoffs

#92 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

Hey, we got Kellan Lain; a projected 4th line centre
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#93 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,436 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

He signed a ENTRY LEVEL CONTRACT which is a TWO WAY CONTRACT and is no guarantee of ice time infact it is no guarantee of even making the NHL club. The player is willing to play in the system and earn ice time. Actually the Justin Schultz contract was also an entry level contract and their GM said there was no guarantee of ice time when ask about Schultz. If all that it took to sign great players was a guarantee of ice time i'm sure Gillis would say what ever it took to sign a player but no GM would ever guarantee this and I often wondered where those rumours get started.

Have you taken a look at the Oilers defense? When you sign there it IS a guarantee that you'll play.

:lol:

#94 AllEyezOnMe

AllEyezOnMe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,106 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

Nope

Gillis is the worst GM in the nhl, GET WITH THE PROGRAM. :)

Edited by Kesbomb, 05 June 2013 - 06:36 PM.

#95 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,505 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:42 PM

Gillis is the worst human ever in the history of ever, GET WITH THE PROGRAM. :)

ftfy
Posted Image
Posted Image

#96 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

I wish we would have gotten Shultz. This team desperately needs a PP QB, Puck moving d-man. Why can`t MG understand that? When we had Erhoff this team was so much better. Can't we focus on getting one of these guys damnit. It's so frustrating to sit, watch, wait, and waste time when obviously this is an important picece of the puzzle that is missing. Get a PP QB MG! And get a top six forward to play with the SEDINS! Is it so damn hard to realize that! Why does he always go after these projects? Its good to do that too, but sometimes you got to go with proven talent to get the job done IMO..

#97 Plum

Plum

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,257 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

We need more defense, right?

Kevin Fiala will be a star.

#98 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

ftfy

Amen to that brotha!!

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#99 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,418 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

I wish we would have gotten Shultz. This team desperately needs a PP QB, Puck moving d-man. Why can`t MG understand that? When we had Erhoff this team was so much better. Can't we focus on getting one of these guys damnit. It's so frustrating to sit, watch, wait, and waste time when obviously this is an important picece of the puzzle that is missing. Get a PP QB MG! And get a top six forward to play with the SEDINS! Is it so damn hard to realize that! Why does he always go after these projects? Its good to do that too, but sometimes you got to go with proven talent to get the job done IMO..

What is it you believe that Gillis failed to do to get Shultz

Your moment to shine here. What should he have done and what did he leave on the table?

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#100 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:03 PM

Being consistently ranked 26th or 27th organizationally for our hockey prospects isn't really anything to shout about.

I'm not dancing on my rooftop personally.

#101 ShakyWalton

ShakyWalton

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,332 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

Being consistently ranked 26th or 27th organizationally for our hockey prospects isn't really anything to shout about.

I'm not dancing on my rooftop personally.

Me either...we have the crappiest scouts in the league and when you give them the dregs....THEY ALWAYS PICK THE DREGS

#102 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

What is it you believe that Gillis failed to do to get Shultz

Your moment to shine here. What should he have done and what did he leave on the table?

Moment to shine? If you carefully read my post I just said I WISH we would have gotten Shultz. We need a puck moving, pp QB type of d-man like him. I'm sure Gillis did everything he could to get him, but just because he didn't does that mean he should stop trying to add one to this team? We haven't had one of those guys since Erhoff left. There are some pretty good ones in the NHL already that are either up and coming, or already proven. Maybe if MG put a little package together he could get one through a trade? Do you not agree that this is something that this team desperately needs? Because we don't have one of those d-men on this team others are trying to fulfill that responsibility(Bieksa, Edler) when clearly they aren't fit for that role. I believe Edler is a good dman, but he fails to get the puck threw traffic on the pp quite often, makes bone head decisions sometimes, and creates a lot of turn overs in his own zone. I just think we need a TRUE puck moving, PP QB guy on this team, as well as a PROVEN top six forward to play with the Sedins.

#103 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

Hey, we got Kellan Lain; a projected 4th line centre

Moneyball baby!

Edited by MJDDawg, 05 June 2013 - 07:27 PM.

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#104 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

100% agree that Gillis and his minions have a screw loose.Getting Kassian for an asset most teams would want was the bell ringing very loudly.
Gillis was a let winger in his career and probably can not figure out what value a PP Q B d man has over a Booth or Raymond.

#105 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

100% agree that Gillis and his minions have a screw loose.Getting Kassian for an asset most teams would want was the bell ringing very loudly.
Gillis was a let winger in his career and probably can not figure out what value a PP Q B d man has over a Booth or Raymond.

Where as you were an all-star at every position except goal? ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#106 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

I am certainly not the rock star you are ,Tearloch.
Why a man with your position would waste his time here is beyond me.
The point is Gillis has no freaking clue what a viable QB PP d man provides and this team desperately needs,as history has proven.

Edited by nuck nit, 05 June 2013 - 08:53 PM.

#107 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,505 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

The point is Gillis has no freaking clue what a viable QB PP d man provides and this team desperately needs,as history has proven.

And yet...Gillis brought in the last good PP QB this team had.

yawn

Edited by EmployeeoftheMonth, 05 June 2013 - 09:08 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#108 ABNuck

ABNuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:31 PM

Somewhere Jason Garrison just smiled a half-cocked but confident grin...he wants you to know that since he's been here for a year and now knows our system well, he relishes the chance to prove your comment WRONG! FAIL!...tool

#109 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:36 PM

Yes, Garrison was a helluva signing.

#110 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

Somewhere Jason Garrison just smiled a half-cocked but confident grin...he wants you to know that since he's been here for a year and now knows our system well, he relishes the chance to prove your comment WRONG! FAIL!...tool

Garrison is not a PP QB. Sorry,bud,that guy was Brian as in Campbell.
Garrison and Hamhuis came home to play.
All Gillis had to do was sign them ,not get them or trade for them.

Edited by nuck nit, 05 June 2013 - 09:42 PM.

#111 Kesheniel

Kesheniel

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

Gillis did have interest in getting both mentioned players but failed on both counts. These are players that should be playing for the canucks or wolves but are not for what ever reason you want to call it. lack of desperation or being lazy whatever it is it should be addressed is all i'm saying.

MG is being payed well to do his job and I'm sure he wants to keep it... There is no f'in way we didn't get those two players because MG "didn't try hard enough" or was "lazy". In fact its much more likely that what other people in this thread are saying is true, because the Oilers have a MUCH weaker team these young kids are guaranteed minutes on the big club, which is something we can't say/do. No young player wants to sign a deal here and get payed AHL dollars when they can sign with the bottom dwelling Oilers and make twice or three times the amount of money while playing in the NHL...

#112 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:02 PM

MG is being payed well to do his job and I'm sure he wants to keep it... There is no f'in way we didn't get those two players because MG "didn't try hard enough" or was "lazy". In fact its much more likely that what other people in this thread are saying is true, because the Oilers have a MUCH weaker team these young kids are guaranteed minutes on the big club, which is something we can't say/do. No young player wants to sign a deal here and get payed AHL dollars when they can sign with the bottom dwelling Oilers and make twice or three times the amount of money while playing in the NHL...

Ok then forget those guys and how about a Yandle, Carlson, Green, Letang, Gardner, Streit and whoever I'm not thinking about at this moment. How about we trade for or sign one of these guys? Is everyone untouchable these days? Make a freaken trade. Grow some balls and fill your teams needs. I guess he tried with Ballard, but either he wasn't good enough, or mishandled I don't know. MG sure gave up a lot to get this guy though. We traded a first round pick, and a prospect so Keith could sit on the bench and make 4.2 mil? That's some pretty bad asset management if you ask me. But what do I know....

Edited by Tangerines, 05 June 2013 - 10:17 PM.

#113 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:16 PM

AV never helped out Keith much. Fringe pro defensive d man in his playing time with a penchant for fringe,defensive d men in his time coaching here.
Ballard never had a chance.
I hope he is given a top 6 role and can be traded to a team where he can play a larger role.

#114 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:18 PM

Eddy needs a set up man. Quick. That guy is not Garrison and Bieksa and Eddy play terrible defensively when together.

#115 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

AV never helped out Keith much. Fringe pro defensive d man in his playing time with a penchant for fringe,defensive d men in his time coaching here.
Ballard never had a chance.
I hope he is given a top 6 role and can be traded to a team where he can play a larger role.

We need a guy who's a boss at doing what he does best. This moneyball, experiment stuff can only work so much. I agree that the Erhoff experiment worked out very well; although, MG has failed since then to get someone to run the PP, or rush the puck up the ice. MAG fail, Keith Ballard fail, trying to use one of our current guys to fill that role fail.

#116 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

you know what the oilers did right? Guaranteed him mins on the blue line. Thats something the oilers can do while we cant. He would have to earn his mins from the wolves (or utica) all the way up to the canucks like everyone else. Sadly a lot of todays youth isn't willing to do that (schultz).

Im willing to guess you are totally correct.

I fully respect any young player that will put in the work necessary to play in this league, even if it comes to being morphed into a role player. It can only benefit you, especially at this stage or make-up of the Canucks, or any team in the same arc of success with a core.

Its fully the reason why i couldnt give 2 crapes about CoHo.

Why people find it hard to swallow that he probably lost major respect from the organization when allegedly asking for more minutes, when he should have been stoked to play an important role for the team and do what many high picks have to do: work yr butt off, and wait for your opportunity to move up the depth chart.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#117 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

We need a guy who's a boss at doing what he does best. This moneyball, experiment stuff can only work so much. I agree that the Erhoff experiment worked out very well; although, MG has failed since then to get someone to run the PP, or rush the puck up the ice. MAG fail, Keith Ballard fail, trying to use one of our current guys to fill that role fail.

Yeah,Christian excelled with the twins but Gillis decreed he was only worth Bieksa money.
The PP was never the same.

#118 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:47 PM

Its fully the reason why i couldnt give 2 crapes about CoHo.

Why people find it hard to swallow that he probably lost major respect from the organization when allegedly asking for more minutes, when he should have been stoked to play an important role for the team and do what many high picks have to do: work yr butt off, and wait for your opportunity to move up the depth chart.

CDC perpetuated myth without any evidence in reality.
Like Coach Crawford said many times on TEAM 1040 when he had that slot at five pm each day when the COHO fiasco occurred: Every player asks about his role and wants an increased role.
Why that is difficult to understand or accept is a mystery to CDC.
The real tragedy and ugly part was how the Canucks brain mistrust shipped Coho without getting a proper asset in return.
Shipping without shopping is a GM no-no,which brings us to the Luo fiasco that followed where he shopped without shipping.
Really not GM material .

#119 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,584 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

Ok then forget those guys and how about a Yandle, Carlson, Green, Letang, Gardner, Streit and whoever I'm not thinking about at this moment. How about we trade for or sign one of these guys? Is everyone untouchable these days? Make a freaken trade. Grow some balls and fill your teams needs. I guess he tried with Ballard, but either he wasn't good enough, or mishandled I don't know. MG sure gave up a lot to get this guy though. We traded a first round pick, and a prospect so Keith could sit on the bench and make 4.2 mil? That's some pretty bad asset management if you ask me. But what do I know....

It's Gillis' fault that Vigneault was a moron and sat Ballard?? Ballard should have been a regular all the time, woulda been much more effective than Alberts/Rome who he played over Ballard.
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#120 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,436 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:56 PM

CDC perpetuated myth without any evidence in reality.
Like Coach Crawford said many times on TEAM 1040 when he had that slot at five pm each day when the COHO fiasco occurred: Every player asks about his role and wants an increased role.
Why that is difficult to understand or accept is a mystery to CDC.
The real tragedy and ugly part was how the Canucks brain mistrust shipped Coho without getting a proper asset in return.
Shipping without shopping is a GM no-no,which brings us to the Luo fiasco that followed where he shopped without shipping.
Really not GM material .

So lets get this straight.

You're mad that Gillis didn't get enough for Hodgson and should have shopped more. But you're also mad that Gillis wanted more for Luongo and did shop more.

Gotcha.

:picard:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.