The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedins plan to stay in Vancouver with the Canucks

elvis15

Then we look elsewhere. We couldn't win with them as our top line in their prime because we got shutdown and couldn't score in the finals. How are we going to win paying them as our top line when they're older and will obviously decline somewhat going forward?

Everyone loves to say that this is a business but isn't the goal of the ultimate goal of the business to win a cup?

This lineup needs a bit of a "reset". Still waiting for it. Why is everyone so content with the status quo when it hasn't worked for years?

I love the logic that we need to "somehow" make our best players sign for way-below market value in order to win a cup.

Newsflash: The league's top players are not lining up to all take pay cuts and create a Vancouver based allstar team.

Newsflash #2: NOBODY is going to sign for less than their market value than the Sedins already have.

It would be unexpected, given the fact they've gotten consistently better each season (with exception to last years half season)

It would unexpected, considering the fact, they took a paycut last time, AND had a killer season follwing it up.

Add to this their exemplary generosity when it comes to the Vancouver Childrens hospitol.

I don't know what it takes, to have people get behind these guys, but one thing is for sure, a lot of people in here, have short term memories and forget, that we a re getting a sweet-ass deal for the Sedins.

They've more than done their time and delivered.

If people want to hack at them for having no production in the post season, that's fine...but mayeb just maybe it's management we should be looking at, since there's really no space or support for ANY skill players when it comes to play off time. Sa'll brute force when playoffs hit.

Sedins for 6 Mill

The Sedins deserve to go wherever they want, and they want to stay in Vancouver. No matter the amount of their contracts, I'm positive they will gladly donate a big chunk of their earnings again to the less fortunate. The Canucks are spoiled with talent inside of the whole organization; from the players, to the coaches, management, owners, etc. Some fans really take this team for granted. I truly believe it is their destiny to win the Stanley Cup in the near future. If this core group of superior talent can't bring it home, they will probably be the best team to never win the Cup. Watching hockey will never be the same when the Sedins retire. Hopefully that won't be for another decade or so... -_-

Archived