The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The September Camp Thread,list of invitees, cuts etc updated daily

Primal Optimist

I expect Jensen to be sent down, invisible so far. He clearly needs a significant amount of time to develop in the AHL.

Based on his play so far, I can see Shinkaruk getting the full 9 games with the Canucks and then sent back to the Tigers.

I like to see Horvat given a chance with Kesler and Burrows ,and see what he can do with some more skilled players. So far he hasn't impressed me that much. I know it's still early but he looks like he needs some more seasoning in the juniors. And also isn't Shinkaruk old enough to go to AHL instead of back to the juniours?

I like to see Horvat given a chance with Kesler and Burrows ,and see what he can do with some more skilled players. So far he hasn't impressed me that much. I know it's still early but he looks like he needs some more seasoning in the juniors. And also isn't Shinkaruk old enough to go to AHL instead of back to the juniours?

DeFazio and Grenier sent down...

Vancouver Canucks@VanCanucks 3m

#Canucks have assigned DeFazio & Grenier to the @UticaComets.

Really liked DeFazio's play last game, he was good with Gaunce and Santorelli. Not a surprise that he or Grenier was sent down though, neither would've made the team and Grenier needs a full year in the AHL under his belt.

It's the weirdest thing, he just always seems to appear where the puck is or where it's about to be. Same thing in the Canada Jrs Tournament, his speed and skill are nothing to talk about its his vision and comprehension.

I'm going to throw this out there but, that hockey IQ and size might be a future fit with the Sedins, he seems to thrive on the wing.

If Gaunce can turn into a good solid Third Line Center, defensively aware and good at punishing opposition. As well a good second unit power play (Stand in front of the next, don't let anyone move you and make sure the goalie can see as little as possible and knock in rebounds if the occur), I'd be pretty happy with that for a later first round pick!

I think the Kids who are firsts are going to get a long look here. First Utica game is Sunday in Abby and it would be interesting if they sent Jensen to play there. If he doesn't play Saturday I imagine he's going to play that game. Maybe Andersson too.

Going to be interesting to see who sticks throughout the pre season. Still Like Gaunces game for the pro level. One of the only guys who doesn't get pushed around, along the boards, makes plays with his head up when he gets the puck. If he plays with some more grittiness ala Hansen he would be REAL GOOD!

Gaunce has always been billed as a smart player. Not necessarily a fast player, but a smart player. Reads the play well. If he has a nose for where to stand, that's a big part of the battle!

Some might say that anyone could have knocked those into an empty net, but not all players / prospects have the presence of mind to be there to do it or the poise to not be shocked that the puck came to them!

What do you guys think of this lineup

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Burrows Kesler Shinkaruk

Booth Shroeder Gaunce

Higgins Richardson Hansen

Shinkaruk has shown chemistry with kes and burrows, I think with more games that line could really kill it.

And Shroeder in between two big line mates like Guance and Booth would benefit how small Shroeder.

I don't think I need to say anything about our 4th line. Easily the best 4th line in the league

I see you put Booth on Day to Day. I suppose this means he could possibly start the season?

With no time on training camp, what line does this likely put him on? Still the 2nd line?

That leaves only the 3C, and the 4th line open.

With Gaunce making a serious push, he, Richardson, and Schroeder are going to make that whole situation a little complicated. Schroeder hasn't even has a pre-season game yet, and Torts has put little to no effort so far as to where he ought to go.

Very strange situation unfolding. Personally, as good as Richardson plays, I think it's great that we have the depth to place him as the 4C. The question remaining is: do you send Gaunce back and put Schroeder as the 3C, just because of these space constraints?

My question is do you consider Richardson as a Right Winger and use two of Schroeder, Gaunce, Santorelli, Horvat, Hamill or Lain as 3c and 4c? Nothing wrong with a natural winger on right wing on the fourth line, and we know he can bounce up to 3c or wing if required, but anchor that fourth as a winger...it is an option.

Higgins Schroeder Hansen

Jensen Gaunce Richardson

Something like that?

My question is do you consider Richardson as a Right Winger and use two of Schroeder, Gaunce, Santorelli, Horvat, Hamill or Lain as 3c and 4c? Nothing wrong with a natural winger on right wing on the fourth line, and we know he can bounce up to 3c or wing if required, but anchor that fourth as a winger...it is an option.

Higgins Schroeder Hansen

Jensen Gaunce Richardson

Something like that?

I think the Kids who are firsts are going to get a long look here. First Utica game is Sunday in Abby and it would be interesting if they sent Jensen to play there. If he doesn't play Saturday I imagine he's going to play that game. Maybe Andersson too.

Going to be interesting to see who sticks throughout the pre season. Still Like Gaunces game for the pro level. One of the only guys who doesn't get pushed around, along the boards, makes plays with his head up when he gets the puck. If he plays with some more grittiness ala Hansen he would be REAL GOOD!

What do you guys think of this lineup

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Burrows Kesler Shinkaruk

Booth Shroeder Gaunce

Higgins Richardson Hansen

Shinkaruk has shown chemistry with kes and burrows, I think with more games that line could really kill it.

And Shroeder in between two big line mates like Guance and Booth would benefit how small Shroeder.

I don't think I need to say anything about our 4th line. Easily the best 4th line in the league

Archived