The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks vs Edmonton - October 18th

Edler's Mind Tricks

Great game Lou!! Showing everyone what u are made of. Good job puttin an end to this goalie drama .. Thank god it's pre season but I don't really so Lou doing much better. He's has always been bad at lettin in quick weak goals much like tonight. It will continue into the playoffs and be our down fall. Great job gmmg tradin Lou when u had the chance and keeping the good goalie known as Schnieder

You've never seen the guy play (except prospect game) and now he's the next Roy or Brodeur. OMG get real man, this isn't X-Box, it's real life and if you really think that :

1) your dumb

2) you know nothing about hockey

3) your the reason other fans, players, teams hates us so much.

You've never seen the guy play (except prospect game) and now he's the next Roy or Brodeur. OMG get real man, this isn't X-Box, it's real life and if you really think that :

1) your dumb

2) you know nothing about hockey

3) your the reason other fans, players, teams hates us so much.

Luongo doesn't want to be here, his heart is not with the team anymore, you could tell by his body language after those goals went in that he just didn't care. Now before you Luongo fans start saying "Its pre-season", I started noticing this at the start of last season when CS was given the starting job. This is a guy who publicly said he wanted a change and had to have the management and coach talk him to report to the team. That being said, I like what I've seen from Lack and Eriksson, I think they are the tandem going forward with the team.

Gaunce, DeFazio and Garrison with very solid games (the Oilers are going to be black and blue after this game, Garry has a bomb). Horvat had a tough one; looked lost out there and was having major positioning issues on the ice leading to the Canucks getting trapped in their own zone on more than one occasion. Shinkaruk and Hansen looked decent together, were fun to watch. Jensen took a few hits then disappeared. Kassian did not look very good with the Sedins, if he keeps giving the puck away, he will not be on that line when the season starts.

Great game Lou!! Showing everyone what u are made of. Good job puttin an end to this goalie drama .. Thank god it's pre season but I don't really so Lou doing much better. He's has always been bad at lettin in quick weak goals much like tonight. It will continue into the playoffs and be our down fall. Great job gmmg tradin Lou when u had the chance and keeping the good goalie known as Schnieder

Let that be a lesson: don't start slow. Everyone has to be ready to play right from the get-go

Very disappointing game from Luongo. Yes it's preseason, yes he is getting used to new pads...but he's been a goalie for a long time now. He is considered elite. That means you keep your team in it till they find their legs. Those were bad goals he gave up there. He is faulted on at least 2/4. There's something to be said for being able to just make a steady save. How many times have we heard the line "goalie X kept his team in it and the team rewarded him once they got going". He is paid to keep the game close even when the team is being outshot.

Luongo still looks awkward on plays from weird angles. He has always been terrible at shots from behind the net and it'll be even worse now that there's more room to players to work from back there.

Loved the games of Garrison, Richardson, Santorreli, Gaunce, and Shinkaruk.

Not a very good game by Jensen. He definitely doesn't look like a veteran of 2 prior training camps.

I like some of the ideas Torts is putting out there. Not enough time to really see how it's working though.

Would like to see some of the bubble guys compete a little harder. Something tells me there will be quite a few cuts after this game.

Bottom 6 bubble guys who have proven something so far IMO:

Gaunce

Schroeder

Archibald

Weise

Santorelli

I would send all the rest down now if the final cuts were being made already.

Archived