The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth

vcrguy

Booth is on pace for 10 goals this season. That works out to be $450,000 each goal.

Kassian is on pace for 10 goals this season. That works out to be $85,000 each goal.

One of these power forwards is earning his salary and one is not.

Only because you have a thing against Booth and his religious beliefs.

Absolutely not true. Not a chance

I have a thing against a player who makes $4 million per season and who hasn't done a thing to earn that money. You have players like Burrows who played his heart out and did it all for $2 million per season. You have people who make minimum wage and still give their jobs all the effort they can. And then you have David Booth, an effective and talented player, who goes unnoticed on most nights. That is what I have against him. It has nothing to do with his beliefs. Manny Malhotra is equally religious and he is one of my favourite players. Don't make be out to be anti-religion.

Where I took issue with Booth's religion is when, the day after we were swept from the first round of the playoffs, he took to Twitter and basically said it was the will of God that all of that happened and that his performance (or lack thereof) was just part of God's plan. The fanbase was devastated. There are people in this world who work dangerous jobs for a fraction of the money. They don't get to sit pretty and get paid regardless of the level of work they do. Do a bad job and you don't get paid. Booth is not in that position. At least have some accountability dude. Don't blame it on God and walk away. Acknowledge that you didn't play up to expectations. Be ashamed that an organization brought you in to help them because they trusted you, and you let them down.

As a fanbase, all we wanted from the players was one admission: "We didn't play well"

David Booth posting what he did when the anger and hurt were still so fresh was a slap in the face

While I don't disagree with sitting Booth to light a fire under him, there are definitely more deserving players to bench. If this has anything to do with anything other then hockey, then Torts isn't the coach I thought he was.

And what would suggest to you that this has anything to do with things other than Hockey? :sadno: He's been completely ineffective (not the only one) and is being paid as a top 6

Hell even if it does have something to do with other things, maybe sharing the "good news" everytime you open your mouth gets on your teammates nerves.

And what would suggest to you that this has anything to do with things other than Hockey? :sadno: He's been completely ineffective (not the only one) and is being paid as a top 6

Hell even if it does have something to do with other things, maybe sharing the "good news" everytime you open your mouth gets on your teammates nerves.

I wouldn't say he's been completely ineffective. He's been solid defensively and has potted a few points. Definitely not worth what he's getting paid but at this point I don't look at the cap hit that much. I don't see the point. Having him and the cap hit on the team isn't holding anyone back. There is no better option. I like the idea of trying to get him going, as long as thats all it is.

Also we have no idea what effects he has on the locker room. He seems like he's always in a good mood. I don't see him being an issue. I also don't see him preaching around like people make it sound.

I find it silly. If he was of any other religion, like muslim or something, people wouldn't have a problem.

Archived