The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lucic says he'll never go to DT Vancouver

Lucic has made a mountain out of a molehill. He is vilifying an entire city based on the actions of a few. Vilifying the city he was born in.

A few gutless people threw popcorn at his grandma. Pathetic? Yes. Indicative of the entire population of Greater Vancouver? No.

Some other idiots vandalized his local church and drew a poorly drawn penis and Go Canucks. Again a very stupid and gutless action, but not indicative of the city as a whole.

Lucic gets in a scuffle at the Roxy (fights never break out there...) and chooses to call into question his city's allegiance? Come on Milan. You're smarter than that.

Do I think Lucic is a talented player? Yes

Is he a dirty player? Sure.

What happened was unfortunate but how Lucic has chosen to air his grievances is equally unfortunate.

Class and Maturity...I'm sure you have no idea how much he gives back to the community and only know of what he does through what you read in the media. People like you are why this city is hated by most...Not just because of this, but how some treat others.

He frequently comes back and helps out the Coquitlam Express, Giants as well as other Junior and Minor hockey teams...does he get paid for it? no. But you see him helping out the REAL FANS who don't judge him by the jersey he wears..but how hard he has worked and that he has never forgotten where he came from.

You call him a "goon"...Do you see how many points he has put up?? Couple seasons ago he put up a lot more points than Kesler (our second line centre)...year before that he would have been 4th on the Canucks in Scoring. Yes he is high on the PIM..But the intensity that he plays the game sometimes calls for it...There is not one team on the league that would say that they would not want this guy on his team...is he a cancer..no, a good teammate, yes...great in the community, Yes.. He plays the game with passion..

With all the hatred for him from the Boston series...did he play the series dirty?? NO...he played fierce and aggessive.

So think about what you are saying and know your facts, before you tarnish the City of Vancouver's reputation even more than it is.

One hockey players opinion doesn't really tarnish a city's reputation. Your need to inflate this situation is embarrassing.

I only read the first page.. so this may have already been said...

But can you imagine Kesler or Burrows doing the same thing in downtown Boston? They would get absolutely mauled. I'm not defending the actions of the moron who picked a fight with Lucic, but let's not get bogged down in how "bad" this makes our team/city/fans look. We've all read the stories about the actions of certain Boston fans towards Canucks fans in Boston. Let's just imagine if those same idiots got a chance to pick a drunken fight with some of our chirpier players. There is no doubt in my mind that the results would be considerably worse.

One random douche?? Have you not been aware on how he's been treated?

For a person who has 18,553 posts and been on here since 2008...You sure lack the awareness of what goes on. I mean you sure you wouldn't feel disrespected with all that has happened if you were him? What are some things that he has done to disrespect the city of Vancouver... Read my response below...or better yet, go to the local Coquitlam and Langley/Delta hockey communities and ask how much he has done...better yet, check out the pictures he has doing all the volunteer/chairty work up at community centres etc...

Again, for someone who has 18,553posts and is representing the City of Vancouver as well as the Canucks....I sure hope you atleast get a percentage of your facts right.

My two cents

Riight cause him getting in a fight at 2am with some random dude has so much to do with the Canucks...

Oh I'm sure the guy was a Canucks fan though, not just a drunk.

If he's willing to disown his city because one random douche tried to fight him, then he was never really that loyal anyways. Not that Vancouver even needs defending. It's a world class city with alot of good people. But just like anywhere you go, there are douchebags too. Welcome to the real world Milan.

One hockey players opinion doesn't really tarnish a city's reputation. Your need to inflate this situation is embarrassing.

No, but something like this just isn't about the game of hockey, its how SOME people are in this city...not saying all, but the attitude this city has towards not just visitors but its own people... its sickening how we treat and disrespect eachother in the community..(Putting the hockey business aside).

No, but something like this just isn't about the game of hockey, its how SOME people are in this city...not saying all, but the attitude this city has towards not just visitors but its own people... its sickening how we treat and disrespect eachother in the community..(Putting the hockey business aside).

And who's to say Lucic wasn't acting like a typical Bruin, running his mouth and the guy who punched him simply had enough of Lucic disrespecting the city?

So we have so much of a hate for him to vandalize his familys house, church, cuss him out whenever he walks the streets because he runs over goalies?? Its a sport relax. Hope you aren't one of those hockey dads who flip out at their kids coaches at games.

Think about what he actually does for the community and how he helps out with what really matters...not just with hockey. So how would that feel, when you are giving back so much to where you came from..and people like yourself (which you admitted) have so much of a hate for him as a person for what he does on ice. Sports are entertainment for us spectators who don't do it as a profession. Do you hate Actors who play vilians in movies as well, only because they play the part????

Yeah, because Lucic is the only player to ever do charity work. Right?

We call him a goon because that is what he is. Running over goalies and autographing picture of said hit is what a goon would do.

Lucic and Boston can suck it!

Even if all the Canucks fans in the world respected Lucic as if he were a hockey God, this incident between two drunken meathead patrons at a nightclub at 4am on a Saturday night still happens.

If all of us posting on Cdc bowed down and kissed Lucic's ass while waving a Bruins flag around with glee, this incident still happens.

Canucks fans feelings toward Lucic in this event are irrelevant.

What do you want the silent Canuck fan majority to do about this? Hold all drunken thug idiots at home? We can't control them all.

If Lucic wants to prowl around town at 4am drunk, then that's on him. He should understand that he's a Bruin now and not everyone is going to give him a free pass.

What is he dense? Where's his entourage? Where's the Bruin road curfew after that loss? Where's the accountability in that so-called proud franchise?

If guy can't show enough class and maturity to avoid this bs, then maybe Boston should just trade him to Vancouver so we're one big happy classless family again. He had no problems partying here 50-60 times before last night by his own admission.

Tired of the Bruins being apologized for, again and again and again.

One random douche?? Have you not been aware on how he's been treated?

For a person who has 18,553 posts and been on here since 2008...You sure lack the awareness of what goes on. I mean you sure you wouldn't feel disrespected with all that has happened if you were him? What are some things that he has done to disrespect the city of Vancouver... Read my response below...or better yet, go to the local Coquitlam and Langley/Delta hockey communities and ask how much he has done...better yet, check out the pictures he has doing all the volunteer/chairty work up at community centres etc...

Again, for someone who has 18,553posts and is representing the City of Vancouver as well as the Canucks....I sure hope you atleast get a percentage of your facts right.

My two cents

Trying to build up something little into something big.

Move on and quit your whining.

And who's to say Lucic wasn't acting like a typical Bruin, running his mouth and the guy who punched him simply had enough of Lucic disrespecting the city?

Every source pretty much says this is what transpired. Typical Bruin goon, typical.

So we have so much of a hate for him to vandalize his familys house, church, cuss him out whenever he walks the streets because he runs over goalies?? Its a sport relax. Hope you aren't one of those hockey dads who flip out at their kids coaches at games.

Think about what he actually does for the community and how he helps out with what really matters...not just with hockey. So how would that feel, when you are giving back so much to where you came from..and people like yourself (which you admitted) have so much of a hate for him as a person for what he does on ice. Sports are entertainment for us spectators who don't do it as a profession. Do you hate Actors who play vilians in movies as well, only because they play the part????

Wow, what a pathetic response. Yeah, because what Lucic did to Miller was just a regular hockey play, right?

Again, Lucic isn't the only BC player doing work for the community. Quit putting him on a pedestal.

We? I've never met Lucic. If I did, I wouldn't judge him based on his public persona. But, he has passed judgment on myself and anyone else living in Vancouver. He is done with the city and the people in it. His generalization is a tad presumptuous.

Even if all the Canucks fans in the world respected Lucic as if he were a hockey God, this incident between two drunken meathead patrons at a nightclub at 4am on a Saturday night still happens.

If all of us posting on Cdc bowed down and kissed Lucic's ass while waving a Bruins flag around with glee, this incident still happens.

What do you want the silent Canuck fan majority to do about this? Hold all drunken thug idiots at home? We can't control them all.

If Lucic wants to prowl around town at 4am drunk, then that's on him. He should understand that he's a Bruin now and not everyone is going to give him a free pass.

What is he dense? Where's his entourage? Where's the Bruin road curfew after that loss? Where's the accountability in that so-called proud franchise?

If guy can't show enough class and maturity to avoid this bs, then maybe Boston should just trade him to Vancouver so we're one big happy classless family again. He had no problems partying here 50-60 times before last night by his own admission.

Me too. All the blind sympathizers here make my stomach turn. Just like us, they have no idea what actually transpired but are hell bent on calling out an entire city for the behavior of a few.

welcome to life pal

you want to live in a place where nobody is a douche and every stranger respects you? move to a deserted island. its sickening how blown out of proportion this is... did the canucks disrespect all of Boston when they went out to eat during the cup run and were told the restaurant was "out of food" ? no, just crybaby lucic does that. his intelligence is woefully obvious when he threatens to go to the police after being caught on video telling somebody hes going to kill them. what a moron.

"Where's his entourage?" So what...you figure the guy needs 'back up' if he wants to go for some drinks, or out for dinner?

If I were to go to Granville St. after a tuff day at work to "Blow of some steam" this could possibly happen to me. What a silly choice of location, what's wrong with him?

This is coming from a huge fan of him, I was a Giants season ticket holder for all his years in major junior.

He hails from East Van, maybe support your local community instead of the the garbage ridden "Entertainment District" of Downtown Granville.

So easily avoidable by him.

The events that have happened to Lucic in Vancouver have all been pretty terrible, and I can understand how he doesn't feel welcomed in this city..

But this minor bar altercation... really? This was what really made him berate the entire city of Vancouver? A drunk guy at a bar tries fighting him and that pushes him off the edge? Doesn't this happen in most bars in most cities? I can't believe this one incident made him put a giant X on Vancouver. Then saying he's officially done trying to defend the city? Okay. Clearly everyone in Vancouver is a rioter, church defacer, and popcorn throwing assaulter who needs no respect.

Then the way the media has blown this up as well. It's getting tiring reading opposing views of Vancouver, and having this stick out among every other great thing this city does. A couple of idiot Canucks fan, and everyone assumes it's representative of a city with over 1 million people living there..

Yes the riots did certainly gave this city a bad reputation, and from there on the media (especially Toronto media) has clung onto any other stories they could get to make it look even worse. Just like how no one ever mentions how over ten thousand citizens came and cleaned the city next morning. Their main focus is the handful of drunken people who were mostly not even from here..

Anyways, I get how he feels unwelcomed. But putting the whole city on blast isn't fair, and it seems like he let his emotions run his mouth.

No he wasn't. Watch the video again.

I did, when he's saying "you hit me 3 times" it's the exact same voice as the one that was yelling i'll f-ing kill you.

I don't get why any hockey player on an opposing team would go to a club on granville, it's douchebag central I wouldn't be surprised if some retards there tried to start something with CANUCKS players.

If you want to go have a night out and not have to worry about someone messing with u just go hit up a nice restaurant with some of your teammates, nobody will mess with you. I remember seeing Demitra(rip), Gaborik and Boogaard (rip) a long time ago at Joe Forte's when the Wild were in town and nobody was even paying attention to them even though alot of people knew who they were.

Archived