The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top Twelve Players Canucks should target moving forward to the 2014-15 Season

Bert Diesel

Here's who I would target with our remaining cap space through trade or FA signing.

This List is not really in any particular order, just meant for discussion.

1. Callaghan(I agree he would be a good fit although he is a NY kid and i'm not sure he would leave)

2. Stastny

3. Christian Ehroff(trade)

4. Brian Campbell(trade)

5. Vanek(will likely be too expensive)

6.Vrbata

7. Moulson

8. Cammilleri

9. Sami Salo (might be able to get him as a depth guy as he is getting long in the tooth)

10. Dan Boyle(likely to be too expensive and is getting old)

11.Trevor Lewis(gritty 3rd line center like Malhotra was)

12. Steve Ott (same as above)

Am I missing anyone? I don't see anyone else who would be likely to fit into our system

Niskanen, Moulson. That's it for me. In a trade Campbell with some salary retention wouldn't be bad. Vanek is most likely going to Minnesota. ehrhoff has a better chance of winning a cup in buffalo. Stastny will be heavily targeted by the Leafs of course for some reason. So ya

Campbell, Niskanen and or Moulson. Reasons being on the 2 D is only if edler does indeed get traded

The frack do people have such a hard on for Moulson?

He will be 31 and he was only a really good player when he played with Tavares.

I see people saying they would gladly give him 5 million a year yet since leaving Tavares and getting more ice time he is on pace for all of 20 goals and 50 points with 1st line minutes.

What am I missing?

I see people saying they would gladly give him 5 million a year yet since leaving Tavares and getting more ice time he is on pace for all of 20 goals and 50 points with 1st line minutes.

What am I missing?

He is producing in Buffalo he scores greasy goals hits hard and at the right price would be an awesome pick up for the team. Probably a better grab than Cammaleri at the least

What am I missing?

If Ryan Clowe and Clarkson can make 4.5+ why can't Moulson. Guy is a playmaker and would beautifully with Kesler

He is producing in Buffalo he scores greasy goals hits hard and at the right price would be an awesome pick up for the team. Probably a better grab than Cammaleri at the least

Pretty much like I am saying below I am not comparing him and I would agree but still you would actually want a player who is giving you 20 goals and 50 points for 19+ minutes off ice time at an expensive 5 million plus rate? My point is Vancouver loves this guy but I feel people are overlooking the fact that he was only a strong player when he was finishing for Tavares. Without Tavares he is just average.

If Ryan Clowe and Clarkson can make 4.5+ why can't Moulson. Guy is a playmaker and would beautifully with Kesler

Playmaker?! His entire success was being a finisher for Tavares.

I am not debating whether he will get paid or not he likely will but I don't get why so many Canucks fans think he is some gem when his entire dominance came with 1 player and since leaving that player he has not been nearly as dominant.

Pretty much like I am saying below I am not comparing him and I would agree but still you would actually want a player who is giving you 20 goals and 50 points for 19+ minutes off ice time at an expensive 5 million plus rate? My point is Vancouver loves this guy but I feel people are overlooking the fact that he was only a strong player when he was finishing for Tavares. Without Tavares he is just average.

Playmaker?! His entire success was being a finisher for Tavares.

I am not debating whether he will get paid or not he likely will but I don't get why so many Canucks fans think he is some gem when his entire dominance came with 1 player and since leaving that player he has not been nearly as dominant.

He is probably the big free agent not named Marleau Thorton or Vanek. He'd be great in our top 9 but I think no matter what happens it is going to be overpay city this offseason and we will need to play it very safe.

Archived