The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Northern Gateway Pipeline KILLED

Warhippy

lol yeah ok buddy, keep making crap up. they were against the Enbridge one but they were in favour of this one. THey arre hypocrites and are only angry because the Enbridge pipeline doesn't line their pockets

Eagle Spirit Energy partnered with the Aquilinis for this one, Eagle Spirit Energy is a first nations organization

http://www.vancouversun.com/life/First+Nations+Aquilini+pipeline+plan+gets+lukewarm+response+from+opponents/9742136/story.html

This is BC. Not Alberta. The tribes in BC are against it.

Enbridge still has a lot of hoops to jump through before they can put shovels in the ground; they certainly won't be able to do so before the next federal election. We British Columbians need to make sure we don't split the vote in 2015 and insure that the Conservatives are voted out.

every meter of the proposed pipeline goes across land that has seen heavy industry including logging and mining, etc., for many years. And let's not forget that Kitimat was a purpose-built resource town for manufacturing aluminum. Not exactly pristine. Also, it's not as if there are NO pipelines in BC and, so far, there have been fewer spill events with them than with train transport of many substances that damage the environment if spilled.

For those against the pipeline

Stephen Harper’s federal cabinet has approved Enbridge’s risky pipeline.

The approval follows the National Energy Board’s December ruling that Enbridge’s risky pipeline project should go ahead -- which came as no surprise given that the NEB has never said “no” to a pipeline.

The NEB decision was entirely deficient in noting significant environmental damage but stating the economic benefits trump the risk, without providing any cost-benefit economic analysis.

Here’s the thing -- the Harper Conservatives should not think for a millisecond that this decision means this reckless project will go ahead.

They believe that the enormous risks that we as Canadians are taking to our land and water are outweighed by the economic benefits.

You and I know that’s not the case, and that any economic benefits will go to multinational corporations and foreign refineries.

We need to act today -- add your name now. Be part of one loud voice that shows that we, as Canadians, are defiant.

Your voice on this issue is the most powerful thing you’ve got in this fight. I need you to use it.

The Green Party is taking action and gathering names in opposition to this reckless project -- you can add your name:

greenparty.ca/no-to-enbridge

Thanks,

Elizabeth

Elizabeth May, OC
Leader, Green Party of Canada
MP, Saanich-Gulf Islands

jorlol.gif

I didn't vote green but more than half a million people did. Almost a million in 2008. Not insignificant. If they can really push the enbridge issue the only thing stopping me would be the higher likelihood of the Liberals in dethroning the Cons.

I didn't vote green but more than half a million people did. Almost a million in 2008. Not insignificant. If they can really push the enbridge issue the only thing stopping me would be the higher likelihood of the Liberals in dethroning the Cons.

Exactly right. I won't vote Green as long as we still cling to the regressive "first-past-the-post" electoral system because it's a wasted vote. I'd consider it if we went to proportional voting, though.

In the meantime, I will vote strategically to insure the Cons are removed from office. ABC.

every meter of the proposed pipeline goes across land that has seen heavy industry including logging and mining, etc., for many years. And let's not forget that Kitimat was a purpose-built resource town for manufacturing aluminum. Not exactly pristine. Also, it's not as if there are NO pipelines in BC and, so far, there have been fewer spill events with them than with train transport of many substances that damage the environment if spilled.

I'll just leave this here.

http://www.corp-research.org/enbridge

also maybe this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KAIcU9pvyw

Isn't that what the Cons have been doing? When facts and data get in the way, make sh!t up! And god forbid they explain anything, that's the tell-tale sign of a loser....

When's the election again?

So which party is your saving grace? If it's not Liberals or NDP then I'm with you.

There are many ways I could respond to this topic but I think this the best way to do it - In 1806 a hydrogen combustion engine was built and in 1863 you had the Hippomobile running on a hydrogen combustion engine. I could expand but my point is made.

We are talking over 200 years ago they had combustion engines running on hydrogen to say there is no alternative to fossil fuel is completely bogus. If governments funded hydrogen combustion you would be able to completely replace fossil in a decade or less.

BMW already has the Hydrogen 7 which is a gasoline or a hydrogen combustion engine it can run off both fuel sources. This comes down to business more money can be made off of fossil fuel than an completely renewable fuel source like hydrogen.

Can we make Harper and his buddies personally liable for any oil spills. So we can strip his pension and sue him personally if anything goes wrong?

Nothing like accountability right?

He's as thick as the crude, with the OIL BOYS of Alta, that might be flowing through said pipeline.

Archived