The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Northern Gateway Pipeline KILLED

Warhippy

" etc but this is the best system to address the needs of the society we are all part of. to allow anyone group veto over a democratically elected government will only lead to alienation and hostility. No one will benefit from that.

Some famous guy said "Democracy must be more than 3 wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner"

"The ANC didn't ask for VETO for the wrongs they suffered, they chose to participate in the democratic process of their country.

They also out number white folk by a large amount so no problem with a democratic vote.

My people, first off have always lived in this land. We have archaeological evidence to prove us as far back as 15 000 - 18 000 years. Wow.

Secondly- There are far more First Nations communities out there that heavily depend on the natural environment for food sources then you might realize. Salmon, Prawns, Crabs, Bottom Fish.. etc.. The water base between Vancouver- Victoria and Seattle have already been determind to be too poisoned to eat the food from it.. So why pollute the part of BC that actually hasn't been polluted.

I have been dealing with all the racist people through my small town all day. Let me hear more.

has nothing to do with racism at all so dont pull that card, first nations people always claim to care so much about the environment but they are just as much at fault as every other race out there, as a fisherman myself I get pissed off when I see first nations people gill netting the hell out of the waters when the salmon go up stream and then proceed to go around selling them for profit, claiming they are THEIR salmon. Destroying the future runs.

there is always a double standard, in my opinion this is the 21st century everyone is equil im tired of the who es me sob story. Im sure you drive a gas guzzeling vehicle and you are using power resources to type on your computer... we are all equal.. And before you pull the race card again, my girlfriend is native.

has nothing to do with racism at all so dont pull that card, first nations people always claim to care so much about the environment but they are just as much at fault as every other race out there, as a fisherman myself I get pissed off when I see first nations people gill netting the hell out of the waters when the salmon go up stream and then proceed to go around selling them for profit, claiming they are THEIR salmon. Destroying the future runs.

there is always a double standard, in my opinion this is the 21st century everyone is equil im tired of the who es me sob story. Im sure you drive a gas guzzeling vehicle and you are using power resources to type on your computer... we are all equal.. And before you pull the race card again, my girlfriend is native.

Well said my friend,It would do some Vancouverites good to come north and see the difference in attitudes whether First nation or not.This is not just a Vancouver item we are talking about.

Oil is a finite resource. All we're doing is stalling for time. Instead of destroying the environment, maybe put some money in renewables. You know create long term permanent jobs, instead of getting the oil sands and leaving an environmental wasteland for decades?

I agree. The government should provide long term permanent jobs without depending on oil. I think they should start by Canadianizing all manufacturing and taking back from China. Sell only goods in the country that's made in Canada. Then, all telephone operators should be in Canada instead of Asia. It will be a good start then move on from there.

I agree. The government should provide long term permanent jobs without depending on oil. I think they should start by Canadianizing all manufacturing and taking back from China. Sell only goods in the country that's made in Canada. Then, all telephone operators should be in Canada instead of Asia. It will be a good start then move on from there.

And how the hell do you accomplish this given the opportunity for individuals to just buy cheaper goods from American companies online? Globalization isn't going anywhere.

And how the hell do you accomplish this given the opportunity for individuals to just buy cheaper goods from American companies online? Globalization isn't going anywhere.

I'm not really sure. I think we should use another country with no oil as model, like probably, India? Just off the top of my head.

Considering we're a country that relies economically on our exports, wouldn't that be a little hypocritical?

Oil is a finite resource. All we're doing is stalling for time. Instead of destroying the environment, maybe put some money in renewables. You know create long term permanent jobs, instead of getting the oil sands and leaving an environmental wasteland for decades?

quick, easy, dirty, cancerous money

the current batch old morons will have the benefit of being dead when the following generations are left to clean up the inevitable mess

Archived