The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] WJC - Canada vs Switzerland - Preliminary Round - 9AM PST TSN

Plum

Mantha should be on the PP. This guy is there to score goal like he does in the Q. Any other use for him is a waste.

Petan can't win a freaking faceoff.

McDavid is awesome but too selfless. Passes on unbelievable scoring chances.

Sutter not sure who his #1 PP defenseman is Pouliot? Dumba? Ekblad? No stability. IMO Ekblad should be there with his bomb.

Horvat does nothing flashy but good at everything he does. He will get a lot of playing time because of his faceoff ability.

Laughton invisible.

Mantha should be on the PP. This guy is there to score goal like he does in the Q. Any other use for him is a waste.

Petan can't win a freaking faceoff.

McDavid is awesome but too selfless. Passes on unbelievable scoring chances.

Sutter not sure who his #1 PP defenseman is Pouliot? Dumba? Ekblad? No stability. IMO Ekblad should be there with his bomb.

Horvat does nothing flashy but good at everything he does. He will get a lot of playing time because of his faceoff ability.

Laughton invisible.

Interesting comment about Laughton, I'm not able to watch this game (at work) but watched the Sweden game and Laughton looked like he was Canada's only decent player that game.

Interesting comment about Laughton, I'm not able to watch this game (at work) but watched the Sweden game and Laughton looked like he was Canada's only decent player that game.

Not saying he's playing bad, but didn't show any physical play or outstanding offensive/defensive play. IMO right now Horvat looks more like the 2005 Mike Richards (with better offensive numbers) rather than Laughton.

I wouldn't want to split de Horvat line, but with the way McDavid plays I'd like to see those lines

Drouin-McDavid-Mantha

Reinhart-Horvat-Rychel(or maybe Anderson for the London chemistry)

Leir-Laughton-Lazar

Hudon-Gauthier-Anderson

Petan (Hasn't impress me a bit, sucks at faceoff, not an offensive threats. At 5'9 his only role would be 2nd line PP).

I wouldn't want to split de Horvat line, but with the way McDavid plays I'd like to see those lines

Drouin-McDavid-Mantha

Reinhart-Horvat-Rychel(or maybe Anderson for the London chemistry)

Leir-Laughton-Lazar

Hudon-Gauthier-Anderson

Petan (Hasn't impress me a bit, sucks at faceoff, not an offensive threats. At 5'9 his only role would be 2nd line PP).

I get what you're saying but the Horvat-Reinhart-McDavid line was pretty stellar. There's a ridiculous amount of talent both ways on that line. All have proved to be offensive skilled but also defensively responsible. I honestly hope they don't break up that line.

Archived