The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks don't miss Edler at all

gradin123

Or coughed the puck up to the other team for a shortie.

re edler on the powerplay

maybe he should be the big body in front of the net, ala chara of buff on the powerplay. he has decent hands

you can play edler on the wing if you have enough healthy d men, but that never happens down the stretch run and into the playoffs

dose edler have it in him to be the next brent burns?

also his point totals are down because our powerplay was god awfull to start the season, with the entire team playing better hockey at both ends of the rink edler might step back in and light it up

Edler sure got exposed for what he truly is after Salo left. Hopefully Gilman asks him to waive as we all know gillis doesn't & hopefully we get something decent back although I'd just be happy with the cap dump.

Gillis won't trade him, so get his number 2 in command to ask him instead? Are you at all familiar with how a business runs, how much this doesn't make sense and that it would never ever happen?

Gillis won't trade him, so get his number 2 in command to ask him instead? Are you at all familiar with how a business runs, how much this doesn't make sense and that it would never ever happen?

So if Gillis was offered Crosby for Edler and a Second rd pick, he would stick to his guns and no one in the organisation would ask Edler to waive. Get a clue. I had a buddy playing on a California team a few years back... Same policy... When he got traded to the eastern conference, it was the assistant GM that asked him to waive. GM's say that they'll never ask a player to waive, but they are only speaking on a personal level. Players with nmc & ntc get traded. Fact of life, usually if a player isn't wanted, or has played somewhere long enough they'll waive. Alot of these ntc are to prevent a player from moving too often.

The Canucks are better WITH Edler and you can't have enough defencemen when you get to the playoffs.

I seriously doubt they are going to ask him to waive his NTC as Gillis has NEVER done that before

The 8-1-1 record since he's been gone and now being in a playoff spot beg to differ. The 1-2 goals against/game that he contributes to could easily have made that record 4-5-1 and have us sitting in 10th right now.

So if Gillis was offered Crosby for Edler and a Second rd pick, he would stick to his guns and no one in the organisation would ask Edler to waive. Get a clue. I had a buddy playing on a California team a few years back... Same policy... When he got traded to the eastern conference, it was the assistant GM that asked him to waive. GM's say that they'll never ask a player to waive, but they are only speaking on a personal level. Players with nmc & ntc get traded. Fact of life, usually if a player isn't wanted, or has played somewhere long enough they'll waive. Alot of these ntc are to prevent a player from moving too often.

why do ppl always lump Crosby's name when trying to make a point?

why do ppl always lump Crosby's name when trying to make a point?

You do realize that the Assistant GM doesn't act on his own right? EVERYTHING he does has to be OK'd by the guy above him. He doesn't just get to go around and do whatever the heck he wants. Edler is here because management wants him here (long term extension and NTC) and the coaching staff appears to like him (lots of tough minutes in every situation). BTW, your Crosby trade example is ludicrous and doesn't help your arguement in the least.

You do realize that the Assistant GM doesn't act on his own right? EVERYTHING he does has to be OK'd by the guy above him. He doesn't just get to go around and do whatever the heck he wants. Edler is here because management wants him here (long term extension and NTC) and the coaching staff appears to like him (lots of tough minutes in every situation). BTW, your Crosby trade example is ludicrous and doesn't help your arguement in the least.

Of course Gillis would be the one making this work. He would tell Gilman. Gilman would ask player X or he might even ask something like" what if teams A, B or C wanted to trade for you, would you want to go" Gillis gets to keep saying he never (will/has) asked a player to waive. Therefor in theory it makes Vancouver more attractive to FAs. It's a pure lawyer tactic. If they had a chance to make this team better, they would. Doesn't matter if that player is Edler, Kes, Bieksa or whoever.

27 games with the first coach other than AV or his associates is not much of a sample size considering it was 2006 and he was with the Kelowna Rockets the last time he had a different coach. He is also only 72 games played away from his all-star season (last year everybody not named Sedin or Schneider sucked.) Learn some patience CDC.

No Trade Clause. This is not a thing that means a player is untouchable. It only means the [player gets the choice to decide where he wants to go if/when he is asked to waive it. It saves him from going to the Sabres the Panthers or the like.

Ask yourself which 4 teams Edler would most likely Waive for and then decide what those teams have to give up for Edler. He would waive for the right team, don't kid yourselves.

Detroit

New York Rangers

Tax Free Tampa

Tax Free Florida

These are four common sense teams a young D man of his calibre would waive for, for a number of reasons. Now ask yourselves what they can give in return and stop believing that NTC means he is never going to leave the team

Of course Gillis would be the one making this work. He would tell Gilman. Gilman would ask player X or he might even ask something like" what if teams A, B or C wanted to trade for you, would you want to go" Gillis gets to keep saying he never (will/has) asked a player to waive. Therefor in theory it makes Vancouver more attractive to FAs. It's a pure lawyer tactic. If they had a chance to make this team better, they would. Doesn't matter if that player is Edler, Kes, Bieksa or whoever.

If you can't see the flaws in what you are trying to say here and in all your previous posts, then I can't help you see them either.

No Trade Clause. This is not a thing that means a player is untouchable. It only means the [player gets the choice to decide where he wants to go if/when he is asked to waive it. It saves him from going to the Sabres the Panthers or the like.

Ask yourself which 4 teams Edler would most likely Waive for and then decide what those teams have to give up for Edler. He would waive for the right team, don't kid yourselves.

Detroit

New York Rangers

Tax Free Tampa

Tax Free Florida

These are four common sense teams a young D man of his calibre would waive for, for a number of reasons. Now ask yourselves what they can give in return and stop believing that NTC means he is never going to leave the team

I don't see Florida, but I was thinking the other 3, potentially Ottawa being another I think NTC also guarantee that a player doesn't get " Sillingered" lol at how some people think NTC = never traded contracts :lol:

If you can't see the flaws in what you are trying to say here and in all your previous posts, then I can't help you see them either.

:lol: I can see that you think I think any member of an organization can trade whoever whenever, I can see that. But if you think there's never a time in history when a NTC is asked and has been moved then I can't help you. Mike Gillis is not Jesus, don't take his word as gospel. Look into the history of Vancouver's management, you'd see why Gretzky turned away, when he was gonna sign here.

What did gillis do as a profession? Agent(contract lawyer) his job was to Lie!!!!

Archived