The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Collective feeling on Tort's 'antics'?

Steve Carell

I've seen some opinions in the GDT, but I wanted to see everything in one spot.

Here's my final say on what happened at the beginning of the game: Yes, the Canucks had last change, so hypothetically they could've put out their 1st, 2nd, or 3rd line, instead of their 4th. However, what Torts was angry about was the fact that the decision for Calgary to put their 4th line out was BASED ON the assumption that Torts would put out the 1st line. If that was the case, Henrik Sedin would be at center, and look back to who the flames put at center for the opening draw? A player that had only taken face-offs 3 previous times? In my mind, they knew full well of Henrik's rib injury, and were looking to exploit it right at the beginning.

As for what happened during the first intermission, I don't really know what to say.

So anyways, what do you guys think?

(((Also, PJ Stock is a moron))))

Torts is a beauty. A game like this is what makes a group of players come together as a team, when they see their coach willing to stand up for them. Love the fact he apologized to Lain afterwards. For all the heat Torts gets, he sounds like a guy who really respects his players.

Torts was just protecting his team. He's obviously isn't going to put out his stars against Calgarys goons. Hartley wanted fights, well he got them.

Did he go overboard by going to the Calgary dressing room? Sure. (Although I found it entertaining and awesome.) But he had his heart in the right place and that's all that matters to me. This team isn't getting pushed around anymore.

Torts made the right call. Calgary knew Hank was playing with a pretty nasty rib injury on top of a hand injury. No doubt in my mind they were going to try and get him out of the game on the opening faceoff.

I must say, I love the pushback that Canucks have shown. They may not be built for games like tonight and the LA game on the regular, but man you have to admire the piss and vinegar they have shown.

He went into a hallway and yelled at some people. Nothing much actually happened, but people will blow it out of proportion because that's what people do. Glad to see him fiery though, hes giving this team a bite back AV never could. Props to Torts.

Patrick Roy defends his players and is basically praised like a hero. Torts does the same thing and is considered an expletive.

I loved what happened tonight, and what has been happening of late.

This.

I think myself along with majority Canucks fans support Torts on this one.

Who the hell cares what P.J Stock or anyone thinks.

Archived