The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We're Still In It!

kewlrunnings

I don't care what anyone says, we're still mathematically in position.

Stanley Cup Finals 2014

I said it first!

Watch the Phoenix Rise!

Side note: This is a positive topic and hopefully gets positive replies. Cut the meltdown talk we still got a team that rocks!

The fact that this team has not put up Wins in weeks and is still in contention, just shows that we had a team in the first half of the year that's capable of being at the top of the bottom 7. We'll string a bunch of wins together coming up and start peaking just in time for playoffs.

Even if they could somehow sneak in what are they gonna do?

Do you really think this team can take on Chicago, Anaheim, or St.Louis?

No chance. Not when they're giving up 7 to one of the worst teams in the league.

They need to start planning for next season, which means getting a high pick. Retool, recharge, and go for it next season with more cap space and more young players ready to make an impact.

I don't care what anyone says, we're still mathematically in position.

Stanley Cup Finals 2014

I said it first!

Watch the Phoenix Rise!

Side note: This is a positive topic and hopefully gets positive replies. Cut the meltdown talk we still got a team that rocks!

The fact that this team has not put up Wins in weeks and is still in contention, just shows that we had a team in the first half of the year that's capable of being at the top of the bottom 7. We'll string a bunch of wins together coming up and start peaking just in time for playoffs.

When you said we are still in it I thought i was going to be about the race for McDavid in 2015.

Good for you for being positive though. If your future self from 2025 could come back and talk to you he would say "let them lose they are about to get 3 great draft picks in three consecutive years that will bolster this franchise for the next 10 years...you wont even remember these next 3 years when the team is a juggernaut in 2019"

Sorry, but that is about as cheery as I can be after watching this gong show for nearly 35 years...

Just name one thing that was so positive in the game. Please!

- Garrison took a few shots that travelled in the general direction of the net

- Not only did Booth drive to the net once, he didnt even trip on the blue line

- Edler did not score on his own net

- Nobody scored on Lack from center today

- Kassian didnt get suspended for a bonehead play

- H. Sedin scored for the first time this year

- Burrows could have scored, he came closer this time than about 45 other times.

- No "Fire Torts" or "Fire Gillis" chants like the "Fire Rick Ley" chants we heard before

In Canuck land this game was positive like Mr. Roger's neighbourhood

Archived