The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian RFA year

CanucksCaptain

I'm not bring up another Hodgson VS Kassian thread. We should be already past that.

What would you guys do with Kassian this off season? I would probably just offer him a 2 year contract worth $1million/year.

He's 23 now and I think for the next 2 years if he's still putting up similar stats he should be considerred a AHLer/4th liner.

With Jensen now emerging, if Kassian still doesn't pan out like we hope, this could be his last contract with the canucks.

I'm not bring up another Hodgson VS Kassian thread. We should be already past that.

What would you guys do with Kassian this off season? I would probably just offer him a 2 year contract worth $1million/year.

He's 23 now and I think for the next 2 years if he's still putting up similar stats he should be considerred a AHLer/4th liner.

With Jensen now emerging, if Kassian still doesn't pan out like we hope, this could be his last contract with the canucks.

:picard: He's played 6 games and kassian is still young.

With the cap going up he'll get 1.5-2 mil most likely. Hopefully we can lock him up for 3 years.

He's still got alot of work to do with his game, but it's slowly coming around. When he gets away from all the dumb stuff, he's actually a pretty skilled player. That no look pass he made on Schroeder's goal was Sedin-like. He just needs to bring that sort of thing consistently. He's still only 23 though, so he's got time.

With the cap going up he'll get 1.5-2 mil most likely. Hopefully we can lock him up for 3 years.

He's still got alot of work to do with his game, but it's slowly coming around. When he gets away from all the dumb stuff, he's actually a pretty skilled player. That no look pass he made on Schroeder's goal was Sedin-like. He just needs to bring that sort of thing consistently. He's still only 23 though, so he's got time.

This is more thought out and articulate, as usual from Deniro.

Now that's just some seriously limited logic.

It's like; sees a shiny new toy, discards the one in hand.

There are 12 forwards spots - and until Jensen and then Kassian were added to the organization, RW was easily the Canucks shallowest position.

Burrows is a natural LW moved to RW to play with the Sedins.

Hansen is an elite 3rd line RW.

The Canucks have built some depth down the middle, but one Jensen (who happens to be a left handed shot who plays RW for the most part) is not going to make Kassian expendable.

2 years x 1 million and potentially his last contract - that's both bleak and a pretty dramatic underplaying of what Kassian is showing he can bring. People may wish to dwell on numbers out of context, but 11 goals and 19 points is not bad at all playing 12 third line minutes a night, on a depleted Canucks roster, getting 43% offensive zone starts.

He'll be an important part of the team moving forward. What he's done with Booth and rotating depth centers is not really that indicative of what he's capable of imo.

Hope we can get him to sign for 3 years at 1.7.

Then he'll be a sleeper 30 goal scorer in another year.

The way Kassian is playing right now, he's not a just a sleeper. He's unconscious, and possibly not breathing.

Lock him up for 4 years at 1.2

This is the first year I've seen glimpses of real skill from Kassian.

If he continues developing, he'll cost too much to re-sign in 2 years.

If he stays where he is, skill wise then were still paying him a decent 3rd line salary.

30 goals? stay off the boards and do your job Gillis

Really?

Kesler has scored 22 goals this season. .89 gp60 minutes.

Kassian is scoring at a rate of .85 gp60.

The difference?

Kesler is playing top 6 minutes and is one a 27 goal / 82 game pace.

Kassian is playing 12 minutes a night in a makeshift bottom six and is on a 15 goal / 82 game pace.

Don't be surprised if/when you eat these words.

Kassian has had the luxury of playing with an experienced, $4.5 m salaried third liner in Booth.Ironic in that two of Gillis' largest boneheaded moves play together on the third line.

Be interesting to see Hodgson and Kassian play in the same game this coming Sunday.

With Jensen's emergence,Hansen's solid,two-way game and Burr's revival it seems Kassian may be plying 4th line minutes next year.

He could become a 70 point producer during this

Lucic in his best year only put up 60 points. I think with Kassian we are looking at a guy in the 40-50 point range.

Reason being, he is an inconsistent player, and he will most likely miss 5-10 games per season due to suspension.

He is now a repeat offender in the league, don't be surprised if his next suspension is 10 games.

Archived