The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

18 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Troy Tulowitzki homers off Stroman in the 1st inning today, found it funny and upsetting at the same time, nice it happened against Stroman, but sucks now Tulo is helping the Yankees lol. 

I hate the Yankees, but Tulo is a guy I'll pull for. It's sad the way his career has been sidetracked the past couple of seasons. He's basically a placeholder for Didi, until he returns from injury, so the ideal situation would be for Tulo to have a solid first half and then maybe get moved to a contender a the trade deadline. Maybe back to Denver. I don't think he ever wanted to leave there, TBH.

• Upvote 2

I'll also echo what @shiznak said: I'm pulling for Brett Lawrie this season. He's a good guy and a warrior on the field. Like Shizzy said, his intensity puts some people off, but I'll always respect a guy who leaves it all out on the field.

Unfortunately, his "all-out" style of play probably contributed to his problems. Baseball is all about timing and missing games due to injury will always put you behind the 8 ball.

6 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I hate the Yankees, but Tulo is a guy I'll pull for. It's sad the way his career has been sidetracked the past couple of seasons. He's basically a placeholder for Didi, until he returns from injury, so the ideal situation would be for Tulo to have a solid first half and then maybe get moved to a contender a the trade deadline. Maybe back to Denver. I don't think he ever wanted to leave there, TBH.

Oh yeah I like Tulo, didn't like how injury prone he was but tons of respect for who he is and how he plays, but yeah the move from Denver really played with his mind I think, he was not happy about that and I don't think he will ever let that one down.

26 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Oh yeah I like Tulo, didn't like how injury prone he was but tons of respect for who he is and how he plays, but yeah the move from Denver really played with his mind I think, he was not happy about that and I don't think he will ever let that one down.

It's always been my feeling that he enjoyed the playoff runs with the Jays, but his heart was never in Toronto.

Sadly, I feel exactly the same way about Kawhi Leonard with the Raps.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's always been my feeling that he enjoyed the playoff runs with the Jays, but his heart was never in Toronto.

Sadly, I feel exactly the same way about Kawhi Leonard with the Raps.

Yeah if it wasn't for the playoffs he probably would of been miserable the whole time lol, but did see a change in his demeanor after he experienced some playoffs.

No clue on the Raps guy, don't watch basketball assuming you're talking about the Raptors...

16 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Yeah if it wasn't for the playoffs he probably would of been miserable the whole time lol, but did see a change in his demeanor after he experienced some playoffs.

No clue on the Raps guy, don't watch basketball assuming you're talking about the Raptors...

Yep. Raptors traded their best player for the Spurs' best player, who's UFA next year.

The whole world knows that he wants to go home to SoCal, but Toronto fans and management are clinging to the hope that they can re-sign him....

Man I wish Atkins would just shut his mouth, like majority of people know why Vlads not starting this year because of the service time, but to now come out and say you don't believe he's MLB ready when he's the #1 prospect out there by all of baseball, Atkins just shut it. Just to cover yourself for the real reasoning why he's not starting up this year, that's a great way to piss off more fans, when all you had to say was when the times right he will be up. 

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup
  • Thanks 1

On 2/26/2019 at 7:30 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

I'll also echo what @shiznak said: I'm pulling for Brett Lawrie this season. He's a good guy and a warrior on the field. Like Shizzy said, his intensity puts some people off, but I'll always respect a guy who leaves it all out on the field.

Unfortunately, his "all-out" style of play probably contributed to his problems. Baseball is all about timing and missing games due to injury will always put you behind the 8 ball.

Apparently, he’s still a long ways away from stepping onto the field.

Edited by shiznak

20 hours ago, Wilbur said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/shows/tim-and-sid-show/sid-reacts-tulowitzkis-extra-special-home-run-off-stroman/

Can't say I disagree with Sid calling out Tulowitzki's comments and antics.  

Why? He was told that he wasn't going to start for the Jays this season, he didn't like that, they cut him. He goes and signs with the betting favourite for the WS and will be their SS on opening day and to the AS Break at the earliest (pending health of course).

First game of spring training against the team that cut him he goes yard in his first game AB in almost 2 years. He has every right to celebrate.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/26/2019 at 10:26 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

If he has a good first half, the Yankees will keep him and probably rotate him between DH, SS (maybe 3rd?). Plus defender at SS, with a power bat attached, World Series experience. We will keep him.

Also I get people not liking the Yankee brand, but you cant really hate on the vast majority of our players tbh.

4 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Why? He was told that he wasn't going to start for the Jays this season, he didn't like that, they cut him. He goes and signs with the betting favourite for the WS and will be their SS on opening day and to the AS Break at the earliest (pending health of course).

First game of spring training against the team that cut him he goes yard in his first game AB in almost 2 years. He has every right to celebrate.

If it was during the season, I would have understood, but it’s spring training in a meaningless game.

Even Josh Donaldson thought it was stupid of how Tulo acted.

Edited by shiznak

6 hours ago, swflyers8 said:

Welcome to Philly Bryce Harper.

safe_image.jpeg

And the countdown is now on for how long it will be before he's traded, only took Alex Rodriguez 4 years after his first big contract in Texas, for some reason I see this as a similar outcome as the Arod one, but in my opinion Arod was the better player also.

• Upvote 1

Interesting.... 

Report: MLBPA monitoring Blue Jays' treatment of Vlad Jr.

The Toronto Blue Jays seem set to stash Vladimir Guerrero Jr. in the minors for the opening weeks of the 2019 season, and the Major League Baseball Players Association is prepared to get involved if it can prove the young slugger's service time is being manipulated.

"It's something we are following and it's going to be an issue," an MLBPA source told Rob Longley of The Toronto Sun on Thursday. "Service-time manipulation has been a prominent theme that the players' association has emphasized in its talks with Major League Baseball."

Tony Clark, the executive director of the players' union, is scheduled to visit Blue Jays' spring training camp in Dunedin, Fla., at some point in March. Clark weighed in on service-time manipulation earlier this week, saying it's "getting in the way of our game."

Blue Jays general manager Ross Atkins told media Tuesday that he doesn't "see (Guerrero) as a major-league player," citing the 19-year-old's age as a factor.

Guerrero posted a remarkable .381/.437/.636 slash line with 20 home runs and three stolen bases across four developmental levels ranging from Rookie to Triple-A last year.

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1725952

26 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Interesting.... 

Report: MLBPA monitoring Blue Jays' treatment of Vlad Jr.

The Toronto Blue Jays seem set to stash Vladimir Guerrero Jr. in the minors for the opening weeks of the 2019 season, and the Major League Baseball Players Association is prepared to get involved if it can prove the young slugger's service time is being manipulated.

"It's something we are following and it's going to be an issue," an MLBPA source told Rob Longley of The Toronto Sun on Thursday. "Service-time manipulation has been a prominent theme that the players' association has emphasized in its talks with Major League Baseball."

Tony Clark, the executive director of the players' union, is scheduled to visit Blue Jays' spring training camp in Dunedin, Fla., at some point in March. Clark weighed in on service-time manipulation earlier this week, saying it's "getting in the way of our game."

Blue Jays general manager Ross Atkins told media Tuesday that he doesn't "see (Guerrero) as a major-league player," citing the 19-year-old's age as a factor.

Guerrero posted a remarkable .381/.437/.636 slash line with 20 home runs and three stolen bases across four developmental levels ranging from Rookie to Triple-A last year.

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1725952

not surprised to read this

but thought it would be addressed in the new collective agreement discussions

blue jays are doing nothing wrong in their approach under the current terms

if this is important to the players. .they need to bargain for it

Edited by coastal.view
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1