The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PC Gaming Thread

For those of you who havnt played it,

I highly reccomend grabbing Metro Last Light. A very exciting, scary shooter game, set in the post apocalyptic future. So good, that it cracked my top 5 list, of best all time games.

That is, when it goes back on sale

The DLC isn't worth much TBH. Mostly multiplayer stuff and outfits.

This. They explicitly said they wouldn't release any tombs and single player missions as DLC as a policy. Was a stupid decision on their part.

But yeah, it should be stressed that the DLC is all fluff outside of that one tomb which was a pre-order bonus that they gave a general release. Even that was really small.

All outfits and multiplayer.

damage done so far

Borderlands 2 headhunter dlc 4 and 5

Metro Last Light

Bulletstorm (i saw giant wheel of death video and instantly made me want to buy this game)

Surgeon Simulator ( very tough to control)

Urban Trial Freestyle

Final Fantasy 7

there was one fight that i still scratch my head it was a choice of some indie games including Surgeon Simulator and the other choice was some fighters with Street Fighter 4 latest edition for 7.50 King of Fighters and some others and somehow the indie ones got voted in i was slightly annoyed to say the least hoping Street Fighter 4 is a part of their daily sale

before the sale i purchased

Mortal Kombat

Injustice Gods Among Us

i decided against Skyrim because it would end up like Oblivion i would play it for a couple hours get bored and trying to figure out what to do then see it sit on my ever growing list of games i don't play or bother installing anymore

currently at 119 total games i would say at least 100 of them were on sale when i bought them and 50 percent being no more than 5 bucks some even 1-2 bucks

i probably have to wait til the Christmas sale for AC 4, South Park Stick of Truth and Trials Fusion to be 50-75 percent off maybe even next Summer Sale i think i am finally going to hold off on buying games brand new first day if i wait a year i can get almost anything 50-75 percent off with all the dlc

Edited by Dragonfruits

sweet, fallout 3 75% off!

do you guys bother buying Game of the Year editions? I can afford the basic Fallout 3, but would have to add money to my account for the GOTY edition. Worth it?

edit: oh, i guess it comes with all of the DLCs as well. can't really afford spending much:

Fallout 3 + New Vegas (regular editions)

or just Fallout 3 GOTY edition?

hELP

Edited by GLASSJAW

do you guys bother buying Game of the Year editions? I can afford the basic Fallout 3, but would have to add money to my account for the GOTY edition. Worth it?

edit: oh, i guess it comes with all of the DLCs as well. can't really afford spending much:

hELP

If its between New Vegas and DLCs Id go with New Vegas cuzz they nailed that so perfectly.

The DLC isn't worth much TBH. Mostly multiplayer stuff and outfits.

You had me at outfits. lol.

Bulletstorm (i saw giant wheel of death video and instantly made me want to buy this game)

Hey man, nice shot

hELP

Man with Fallout you gotta get GOTY. It's so much better! So much extra levels and perks and missions thanks to the basically free DLC. The Value in those $15 GOTY editions are absurd.

Fallout 3 it's basically essential due to Broken Steel fixing the stupid original ending that didn't warn you or let you keep playing.

Edited by Lups

For those of you who havnt played it,

I highly reccomend grabbing Metro Last Light. A very exciting, scary shooter game, set in the post apocalyptic future. So good, that it cracked my top 5 list, of best all time games.

That is, when it goes back on sale

Metro Last Light is awesome, but top 5 of all time?

What's your list look like?

Anyway, who else is totally jacked for Far Cry 4?

Metro Last Light is awesome, but top 5 of all time?

What's your list look like?

The thing about Metro LL, was that it was something I have never played before. Ive never been much of a horror guy, or into the post apocalyptic world kind of thing. I guess its because its something I havnt tried before.

My list doesnt really exist (Cant remember all the excellent games I played), but calling MLL my top 5 may have been an exaggeration. Top 10.

The thing about Metro LL, was that it was something I have never played before. Ive never been much of a horror guy, or into the post apocalyptic world kind of thing. I guess its because its something I havnt tried before.

My list doesnt really exist (Cant remember all the excellent games I played), but calling MLL my top 5 may have been an exaggeration. Top 10.

I got it a few days ago. Every time I run out of bullets, which is too often, I curse the game lol. Otherwise Its pretty damn good. Not top ten good but Ive been gaming since the 80s so theres a lot of competition there.

I actually am, lol. Pre-ordered it back when Best Buy/Amazon were doing their E3 Discounts. Though at the same time I don't think I've loaded Far Cry 3 in about a year now.

For those that haven't yet played Fallout, go do so. I don't usually in a blanket manner suggest that every person should play a specific game, but everyone should go play Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

If it came down to the 1 of the 2, I'd take New Vegas all day, but both have to be played. Though as a word of warning, I have Fallout 3, and I can't get the game to work. I actually have the game on my steam account, but it requires a games for windows live installer on top of everything, and I can't be bothered to figure out why exactly it can't launch itself.

These sales are getting weaker, it's not just in my head, lol.

Counter Strike is only 50% off, when it has been 75% off in the past.

Fallout New Vegas was only 66% off, when it was 75% off in the past.

Transistor and Child of Light are only 25% off after one month and two months of release respectively; whereas State of Decay was 50% off after 3 weeks of release and Outlast 66% off after 2 months during the Autumn sale.

There are probably more examples out there, but there are then ones that I've observed first hand,

The winter sale regressed a bit, but this summer sale has tried lowering the bar a bit further. I don't know if publishers are getting reluctant to sell their games for cheap, or if Steam has so firmly established itself as a system of use that Valve realized they have more than enough good will to burn (though counter strike would be a first party valve product).

Sales are still more than good enough obviously (not arguing that), but they seem to be testing the waters with where they can pull the sales back, because they know everyone is going to be checking them out for their favourite games every day anyways, and a discount is a discount.

Though on that note, I'll probably be picking up The Banner Saga.

And I can vouch for how awesome the 4 games on that community vote sale right now are. Especially Giana Sisters, for those that have no idea what game that is. If you like NES, SNES platforming, check it out. I'm going to probably buy I Bleed Pixels, because I don't have that game for myself yet.