The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PC Gaming Thread

XCOM: Enemy Unknown is currently at 67% off, or $9.89, which is a fairly bad sale price (why only 67% off?)

But the XCOM: Enemy Unkown + The Bureau: XCOM Declassified bundle is 83% off, so it's only $8.49, and somehow makes getting XCOM cheaper. Sounds like a great benefit, but the secret downside is that you have to take The Bureau: XCOM Declassified with you, lol.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown is currently at 67% off, or $9.89, which is a fairly bad sale price (why only 67% off?)

But the XCOM: Enemy Unkown + The Bureau: XCOM Declassified bundle is 83% off, so it's only $8.49, and somehow makes getting XCOM cheaper. Sounds like a great benefit, but the secret downside is that you have to take The Bureau: XCOM Declassified with you, lol.

Im thinking of picking that one up. You think it's worth it?

Im thinking of picking that one up. You think it's worth it?

XCOM is my most played game on Steam (albeit by a slim margin), and I've beaten it many times over. I currently have it slotted in my "favourite game" spot on my Steam profile, and that's because I think it deserves to be there. If you can enjoy a turn based combat strategy game, it's about as good as it gets.

That's Enemy Unkown I'm talking about, lol. The Bureau is just a poorly made third person shooter (though it does a couple of things right I suppose)

My haul from the sale, pretty happy with what I got!

$2.49 - Far Cry 2 +DLC

$2.99 - Papers, Please

$5.99 - Stanley Parable

$1.99 - Fable Lost Chapters

$3.74 - Rouge Legacy

$16.19 - Kerbal Space Program

$6.79 - Metro Last Light +DLC

$7.49 - Civilization V

$5.09 - LA Noire +DLC

$5.99 - Tropico 4 +DLC

$8.49 - XCOM Enemy Unknown + The Bureau (Combo)

Total: $67.24

Edited by Niloc009

Was not a fan of a majority of the pricing this sale (sounding like a broken record here). The only thing that blew my mind was the 90% off of Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves for the duration of the whole sale.

My sale breakdown:

They Bleed Pixels - $2.49

A twitch skill pixel art platformer game. Wanted to play it, so I scooped it up on the last day of sales here. It's alright, but very difficult.

Bleed - $1.69

A twitch skill pixel art action platformer. Art style is very bleh (indie PC game market became oversaturated by 8-bit games), but it's a pretty fun and challenging game, even if the controls are a bit wonkier then they should be.

Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves - $1.49

Barely started playing it, but looks cool. Just the story and atmosphere carry things, in what usually doesn't happen with what is a trap/tower defence game.

The Banner Saga - $12.49

Still hate the price point. But the game was too tailor built for my interests for me to ignore it. Like I said earlier, I have never spent more on a digital game, and/or Steam game than I have this one.

Crusader Kings II - $7.99

Good game. Like I said, I like that the game can swap between versions/states/updates of the game at will.

Metal Slug 3 - $2.71

Very fun game. As good as any Metal Slug game that I played in arcades. Worth the time and money to play it.

State of Decay [DLC] Breakdown - $1.74

The one thing I haven't even gotten a chance to try yet. Will finish the main game first.

What I was waiting for, but didn't pick up because of unimpressive sale pricing:
Transistor

Ikaruga

Banished

Blazblue

Stanley's Parable

Papers Please

Burial at Sea DLCs for Bioshock Infinite

And quite a few others, but this is the main batch that I was waiting for (though I think I missed some sort of sale for Papers Please.) Bleh pricing overall.

Was also thinking about picking up Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, but there are so many games I need to play/finish right now, that I knew it would be not touched for at least a couple of months, so there was no point in buying it, especially since they never included it in any daily/temporary sales of any kind, where you could save some cash by buying it immediately.

So what I got in the end did not make for a great haul. Selection for the sale was somewhat better than the winter sale, but the sales themselves became less noteworthy in a good chunk of cases.

I've said it before: Green Man Gaming has generally been a superior site for nabbing deals. Their summer sale happened right before Steam's, and the prices were a bit lower in comparison. Their 20% coupons are usually universal, so that obviously sweetens the deal. By a LOT.

Still, the summer sales are leaning on older games which are always on sale. Tomb Raider is always on sale. Bioshock is always on sale. Borderlands, Elder Scrolls, the list goes on. Newer games aren't getting the big cuts we're hoping for, so of course the sale won't be very interesting.

Was not a fan of a majority of the pricing this sale (sounding like a broken record here). The only thing that blew my mind was the 90% off of Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves for the duration of the whole sale.

My sale breakdown:

They Bleed Pixels - $2.49

A twitch skill pixel art platformer game. Wanted to play it, so I scooped it up on the last day of sales here. It's alright, but very difficult.

Bleed - $1.69

A twitch skill pixel art action platformer. Art style is very bleh (indie PC game market became oversaturated by 8-bit games), but it's a pretty fun and challenging game, even if the controls are a bit wonkier then they should be.

Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves - $1.49

Barely started playing it, but looks cool. Just the story and atmosphere carry things, in what usually doesn't happen with what is a trap/tower defence game.

The Banner Saga - $12.49

Still hate the price point. But the game was too tailor built for my interests for me to ignore it. Like I said earlier, I have never spent more on a digital game, and/or Steam game than I have this one.

Crusader Kings II - $7.99

Good game. Like I said, I like that the game can swap between versions/states/updates of the game at will.

Metal Slug 3 - $2.71

Very fun game. As good as any Metal Slug game that I played in arcades. Worth the time and money to play it.

State of Decay [DLC] Breakdown - $1.74

The one thing I haven't even gotten a chance to try yet. Will finish the main game first.

What I was waiting for, but didn't pick up because of unimpressive sale pricing:

Transistor

Ikaruga

Banished

Blazblue

Stanley's Parable

Papers Please

Burial at Sea DLCs for Bioshock Infinite

And quite a few others, but this is the main batch that I was waiting for (though I think I missed some sort of sale for Papers Please.) Bleh pricing overall.

Was also thinking about picking up Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, but there are so many games I need to play/finish right now, that I knew it would be not touched for at least a couple of months, so there was no point in buying it, especially since they never included it in any daily/temporary sales of any kind, where you could save some cash by buying it immediately.

So what I got in the end did not make for a great haul. Selection for the sale was somewhat better than the winter sale, but the sales themselves became less noteworthy in a good chunk of cases.

Picked up the State of Decay: Breakdown DLC because I seen you bought it. Didn't know the DLC's were on sale as well, had to grab Breakdown before the sale was up. I absolutely love the game.

Picked up the State of Decay: Breakdown DLC because I seen you bought it. Didn't know the DLC's were on sale as well, had to grab Breakdown before the sale was up. I absolutely love the game.

I picked it up based on it being more content for this game, yeah. I don't look forward to the idea of being forced to be overrun though. My least favourite game mode on L4D outside of Versus was Survival, lol.

Edited by g_bassi13

Have you guys played Arma 3? My brother is with a friend doing it right now.

Thankfully this is only a game and I'm glad he's not in the Canadian military. After what I just witnessed, we'd be hearing on CBC the next day about how one soldier murdered three others via friendly fire with a rocket propelled grenade.

If you're like me and picked up both Witcher games during the Summer sale, feel free to skip the first and go directly to Assassin of Kings. It's mindblowing how much better the second game is, and they'll nicely recap plot points from the first so you aren't even missing out on anything.

Also, if you go here, you can use your steam keys to unlock all of the bonus Witcher content on GOG for free. :)