The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PC Gaming Thread

It's under the multiplayer genre. Yeah, the people are stupid, but that's also dishonest from Steam's part.

Well it is a multiplayer game... just without the multiplayer.

It's an old ass game selling for under $4. Who really cares?

The game page also states that the online portion is no longer working. They covered themselves; if the user fails to read that then it falls on them.

Edited by Tanev's Smirk

Blame the people who voted for that block of games.

No, you blame Steam, lol. It's blantant misadvertisement. It doesn't matter how cheap it is, or how old it is, it has no multiplayer support, so you don't label it as such.

edit: They did cover themselves on the game page, but it's still weaksauce to label it on the mainpage as MP.

Edited by g_bassi13

I got Banner Saga at $12.49, and Crusader Kings II at $7.99.

I already know I love both games, so that choice wasn't difficult. The Price-point was the mainly unattractive thing, but I enjoy both these games enough to kind of look past it.

Lots of headscratchers in the idea of Steam tags for community choice. KOTOR2, System Shock 2 and AOE2 as masterpieces? Sure I buy that, but you're rounding the selection out with F.E.A.R.? <_<

I've been considering Europa Universalis for some time now, and at ten bucks I might have to spring for it. Anyone try that one?

Edited by Winter Soldier

I got Banner Saga at $12.49, and Crusader Kings II at $7.99.

I already know I love both games, so that choice wasn't difficult. The Price-point was the mainly unattractive thing, but I enjoy both these games enough to kind of look past it.

Grabbed Banner Saga as well at that price. Still playing Fire Emblem on the 3DS which is a similar game, and I'm excited to try out Banner Saga in the future. Looks to be great.

I've been considering Europa Universalis for some time now, and at ten bucks I might have to spring for it. Anyone try that one?

Not personally. But I prefer the idea behind Crusader Kings a lot more. If you like intrigue more, go for Crusader Kings. If you like war tactics, go with Europa Universalis.

Grabbed Banner Saga as well at that price. Still playing Fire Emblem on the 3DS which is a similar game, and I'm excited to try out Banner Saga in the future. Looks to be great.

Looks like it has some complexity to it. The idea that your tactics and battle outcomes help shape the narrative that your story takes? Yes please.

I just hope they're not BS'ing, lol. The bit I played of the game, I got to see the general combat gameplay, and it works. Not Fire Emblem good, but it works.

Does anyone else here play Crusader Kings 2? The game is a time sink that makes Civ V feel like a pansy pick up and play game.

In my old playthrough, I started as some random poor count in Iceland, but 2 generations later, my dynasty looks like this:

My Basque/Norweigian Lesbian Queen Ana of Ireland, based out of Iceland, and head-quartered in Sicily, and heir to the throne of Norway, is looking to expand into Finland.
It's so much fun to just screw around with the possibilities in this game, lol. Even if you've played the game, none of the above would seem logical to you. That's the fun of it.

Does anyone else here play Crusader Kings 2? The game is a time sink that makes Civ V feel like a pansy pick up and play game.

In my old playthrough, I started as some random poor count in Iceland, but 2 generations later, my dynasty looks like this:

My Basque/Norweigian Lesbian Queen Ana of Ireland, based out of Iceland, and head-quartered in Sicily, and heir to the throne of Norway, is looking to expand into Finland.
It's so much fun to just screw around with the possibilities in this game, lol. Even if you've played the game, none of the above would seem logical to you. That's the fun of it.

I have it (all the DLC too), but I only put in enough time to get all the trading cards unlocked (lol). I'll be making a real effort to get in to it after I beat a few other games though.

Looks like it has some complexity to it. The idea that your tactics and battle outcomes help shape the narrative that your story takes? Yes please.

I just hope they're not BS'ing, lol. The bit I played of the game, I got to see the general combat gameplay, and it works. Not Fire Emblem good, but it works.

I'm hearing it's around 5 hours or more, which is horrible and apparently there's New Game Plus kind of things to unlock after as well. Should be a great game.

Probably going to grab Transistor at 25% off, and Alan Wake I might get as well. I have never played Wake before.

I'm hearing it's around 5 hours or more, which is horrible and apparently there's New Game Plus kind of things to unlock after as well. Should be a great game.

Probably going to grab Transistor at 25% off, and Alan Wake I might get as well. I have never played Wake before.

It's funny. After all this time waiting for the game, it's only until after finally buying it that I first hear about just how short it is, lol. I was hearing something like 10 hours though. I've played it for a bit, but hopefully it's longer than that for me, or the second playthrough has some real merit. This is the most I've ever spent on a Steam game/digital game, so I will be extra critical on whether or not I am receiving bang for my buck here.

And Alan Wake is awesome. Like it's hard for me to stress how much I personally enjoyed that game, lol. Finished in one 16 hour or so sitting. I couldn't put my controller down. It just appealed to me a lot.

I have it (all the DLC too), but I only put in enough time to get all the trading cards unlocked (lol). I'll be making a real effort to get in to it after I beat a few other games though.

I wasn't too bothered with gathering the DLC for the game. Paradox have kind of whored it out in that respect. I'm not going to buy the game 3 times over just to get all the content.

All that you really need are the few DLC/"expansions" that they released, namely:

The Rajas of India, Sons of Abraham, The Old Gods, The Republic, and Sword of Islam

The rest is fluff. Expensive. innumerable fluff.

I tried loading my old save game, from an older version of the game, and the newer update said it wasn't possible to load it. That's brutal by the developers when they modify a game to be incompatible with itself. That said, Steam has this update/version control, where you can downgrade the game to an older version of itself that the developers bookmarked. So props to both parties for keeping that accessible, at least.

I wasn't too bothered with gathering the DLC for the game. Paradox have kind of whored it out in that respect. I'm not going to buy the game 3 times over just to get all the content.

All that you really need are the few DLC/"expansions" that they released, namely:

The Rajas of India, Sons of Abraham, The Old Gods, The Republic, and Sword of Islam

The rest is fluff. Expensive. innumerable fluff.

Only grabbed the gameplay DLC when I picked it up. I always check on the forums etc what is worth picking up prior to purchasing something like that.

Only grabbed the gameplay DLC when I picked it up. I always check on the forums etc what is worth picking up prior to purchasing something like that.

You said, all DLC, so I misinterpreted that, lol. but fair enough. It's just this happens often, where I remember the Sleeping Dogs DLC bundle becoming a top seller along with the main game, and people assuming they got a great deal, without bothering to realize that it was 90% outfits, lol.

I was hoping to pick up those DLCs I listed, but they didn't go on sale with the game. At least not in that flash sale.

You said, all DLC, so I misinterpreted that, lol. but fair enough. It's just this happens often, where I remember the Sleeping Dogs DLC bundle becoming a top seller along with the main game, and people assuming they got a great deal, without bothering to realize that it was 90% outfits, lol.

I was hoping to pick up those DLCs I listed, but they didn't go on sale with the game. At least not in that flash sale.

You didn't misinterpret. I just forgot about all the fluff DLC that game has.

Bought Alan Wake and Alan Wake: American Nightmare for $5 during the Humble Bundle deal around this time last year. Great game.

Bought Alan Wake and Alan Wake: American Nightmare for $5 during the Humble Bundle deal around this time last year. Great game.

I enjoyed bother of those game a whole lot. I really need to go back and play them.

I'm tempted to grab Assetto Corsa right now, but I doubt I'd ever buy a driving wheel so I'm conflicted.

I enjoyed bother of those game a whole lot. I really need to go back and play them.

I'm tempted to grab Assetto Corsa right now, but I doubt I'd ever buy a driving wheel so I'm conflicted.

Good to know. I know I'll love it.

I have too many games to play now.

I hate CK2.

Its just so overwhelming, and no matter how much I try to learn it just eludes me.

I prefer to stick with the 'strategy for dummies' Civ 5.