The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

been flirting pretty hard with 4-5 different people over the last weeks/months.

there's been nothing more than flirting with any of them... and they're people i know professionally, so it's harder to push forward. but i'm thinking about it.

i have game but have always been careful about using it. it's like with spiderman: great power, great responsibility and stuff. but i kinda just want some excitement y'know. :/

Edited by 112
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, 112 said:

been flirting pretty hard with 4-5 different people over the last weeks/months.

there's been nothing more than flirting with any of them... and they're people i know professionally, so it's harder to push forward. but i'm thinking about it.

i have game but have always been careful about using it. it's like with spiderman: great power, great responsibility and stuff. but i kinda just want some excitement y'know. :/

people will tell you to not dip your pen in company ink, but I'm not one of them. I met my wife at work. Go have fun, you never know what can happen. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
11 hours ago, J-23 said:

Waiting for something exciting to happen, hopefully this year.

Well 112 is hosting a pretty tasting looking game over in white noise. You should sign up.

You're young and so is the year.  Like riff said, make $&!# happen dude. At your age you gotta grab life by the balls, travel, party, be free... learn. 

I look back on my 20's with so much longing. I long for all the things I did, and the things I wish I did, at that age. I miss the freedom and physical wellbeing the most.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

people will tell you to not dip your pen in company ink, but I'm not one of them. I met my wife at work. Go have fun, you never know what can happen. 

i agree. i am beyond caring about office politics.

THIS is where all of my psychoanalytical readings really pay off. then bring in the master-slave dialectics and people don't even know what's coming until they do.

Edited by 112
  • Upvote 1
On 1/24/2020 at 10:33 AM, DarthMelvin said:

I think you did right. There are certain levels of enforcement that are needed. And certain levels of the "law" are the ones who are readily and dare I say "qualified"  to use force if "necessary"  Seems to me this guard was having a power trip. His uniform was going to his head most likely. 

My favourite part "What are you hitting him for? you're not a cop"  hahaa The best. Might change my quote!

thx fam

i appreciate the esteem you put on my words

• Upvote 1

I have always wanted to work for myself.

I seem to have all these little ideas in my mind that I want to start my own business.

I still want to write a book with a collection of short stories from service men and women dating back to the Vietnam war up to current day conflicts, but that is on the back burner.

One of my other ideas was a hat line, with a military slang name, same sort of model as something like 10 tree, but a percentage of proceeds would go to foundations created for veterans health and well-being post-service.

My newest idea, since I live on Vancouver Island, would be something along the lines of a 'Vets 4 Pets' dog-walking/animal companion service. I love animals and think I would really enjoy spending time walking and playing with dogs. I don't mind if it was 1 or 2 dogs a day @ $25 per dog, not a ton of money, but possibly a great side hustle that could turn into something bigger?

I'm not smart enough to 'invent' something, but I feel I have a bit of an entrepreneurial mind....hmmmm....

6 hours ago, diesel_3 said:

I seem to have all these little ideas in my mind that I want to start my own business.

I still want to write a book with a collection of short stories from service men and women dating back to the Vietnam war up to current day conflicts, but that is on the back burner.

One of my other ideas was a hat line, with a military slang name, same sort of model as something like 10 tree, but a percentage of proceeds would go to foundations created for veterans health and well-being post-service.

My newest idea, since I live on Vancouver Island, would be something along the lines of a 'Vets 4 Pets' dog-walking/animal companion service. I love animals and think I would really enjoy spending time walking and playing with dogs. I don't mind if it was 1 or 2 dogs a day @ $25 per dog, not a ton of money, but possibly a great side hustle that could turn into something bigger?

I'm not smart enough to 'invent' something, but I feel I have a bit of an entrepreneurial mind....hmmmm....

The more you do the less wait. The smartest people in the room rarely do the most and achieve the most. As an business owner myself, when I didn't question or debate was when I accomplished the most. It goes against all our biology but doing before figuring everything out is the most effective. Learn as you go, go as you learn. 

Edited by RRypien37
On 2/7/2020 at 8:03 AM, diesel_3 said:

Might be seeing you on Dragon's Den one day lol

23 hours ago, Psylocke said:

Might be seeing you on Dragon's Den one day lol

No, probably not. I never actually go through with these things, i'm a dreamer, not a doer.

I woke up this morning and immediately thought 'Imagine a dog got loose, or worse, killed under my watch' I know you can get liability insurance and whatnot, but it is stuff like that I know I wouldn't be able to live with.