The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will this go down as the worst Canucks pump up in history?

DonaldBrashear

Everyone remember this? When this video first came out last year, I couldn't watch it without laughing. It is so ridiculous that at first I thought it was a parody some guys had made. When I realized it was official, I felt sad. This just made us look even more arrogant and probably hated around the league. Not to mention the song was just awful, with spoken words from a guy it sounds like they picked up off the street.

Now, looking back on it, it's even more legendary. The shots of Torts, Luongo, Kesler, etc.... what a train wreck!!!

It was a great pump up. Anyone that thinks otherwise is just blindly hating.

I've been a die hard fan for 25+ years, I have no reason to blindly hate on it, but, I will say that I disliked that intro from the first time I heard it. The voice over is terrible, the music (to me) is annoying, and overall, it felt (and still feels) really lame. That's just my opinion

I've been a die hard fan for 25+ years, I have no reason to blindly hate on it, but, I will say that I disliked that intro from the first time I heard it. The voice over is terrible, the music (to me) is annoying, and overall, it felt (and still feels) really lame. That's just my opinion

I agree. I think the right word is "cheesy". I mean, sedin swinging the hammer, sparks flying, as they weld and fabricate a Canucks logo. The voice over is the worst. I just think it has nothing to do with hockey at all. Heck, there's not even that much footage of players. Just a lot of footage of steel melting all over the place. And zero footage of actual hockey, or clips.

To make my point, I will say... if this video had been released by, let's say, Chicago, with Jonathan Toews swinging a hammer, sparks flying, and the words "We are all Hawks", in a video about how they are better than everyone, it would have been posted and mocked here 100 times over. People would have said it was stupid and lame.

I love this team but whoever is handling the show biz side of this organization is a joke . It reeks of committee decision making . or a big CORPORATE machine that is way too into building some kind of dumb ass identity .

sometimes too many chefs spoil the broth . Im sure they can pull from some very talented people . Im also sure when they do find them they will micro manage them to death .

the moment you walk into that arena you can feel how lifeless it has become ..

The video was good. The voice over and the music were absolute garbage.

They tried to sell a re-brand of the team as some new gritty tough team, yet the only players they added were Richardson and Santorelli...

I like to pretend that last season and everything associated with it never happened.

I hope they do a little better this time. Give me some classic rock!

This is the first time i`ve seen this and i could only make it to the :46 second mark.I imagine most if not all of the teams do this so i`m sure there are worst ones..... but this was bad

When you hear it at every game and throughout the game when he plays the “We are all Canucks” it gets annoying af.

This would almost be grounds for getting your money back.

Archived