The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which Star Trek captain would survive longest in a Zombie Apocalypse?

Gross-Misconduct

Star Trek Captains -VS- Zombies  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jean Luc all the way. He commands respect and operates with structure and efficiency. He would amass a group with unwavering loyalty and excellent discipline.

Kirk flies by the seat of his pants and takes risks, calculated risks, but risks none the less. While intelligent and a good leader, he has an arrogance about him that, I believe, would be his undoing.

Sisko is too confrontational and can be stubborn. He's a solid tactician and commands respect on a similar level to Picard; However, on occasion he lets his emotions get the best of him. I think he would alienate certain allies.

I see Janeway as the only real competitor. She shares many of her main traits with Picard. I could see the two of them teaming up in which case, Picard takes command due to seniority.

I may have been watching TNG when I came across this thread, but I'm not biased at all..

Edit: You'll notice I ignored the 'Enterprise' series. I did so because it's a stupid show for jerks... Stupid jerks.

Enterprise was a great show! The unfortunate thing for Enterprise was that it was before its time for how the story arcs were structured.

With TNG you could watch one episode and that told the whole story for the most part, maybe with the occasional 2 parter or referencing of a previous episode.

But with Enterprise you needed to have an attention span greater than an ADD kid after he's drunk 5 red bulls, since the story arcs maintained over a couple of seasons (until the last season due to low ratings where they then made 4 - 5 episode story arcs)

However all of Star Trek no matter what series pales in comparison to Babylon 5, which wasn't just a sci-fi show but more like Shakespeare with a sci-fi setting.

Other than that I completely agree with your assessment in regards to the Captains, even though you called me a stupid jerk!

My Skyrim characters always marry Aela just because of Ivanova

I'd like you to take the time to learn the Babylon 5 mantra: 'Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova.

I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

Sulu eventually becomes Admiral!

Edit: He was the Captain of the U.S.S Excelsior in the 6th Star Trek movie

Wow I think I have hit my nerd quota for the day Aladeen OUT!

Yes, i agree. As a Star Trek fan ( not a trekkie though, although I want to be someday when I move out of my parents basement :unsure: ) I didnt know or remember Sulu was ever a captain.

I made the effort to try and get into Babylon Five when it was still playing because my brother kept raving about it...but it never sucked me in.

Years and years later I bought season one and two when they went on sale and I gave it a second go...still didn't do it for me. Guess I'm more of a Trek and Star Wars fan when it comes to sci-fi.

Archived