The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How bad is David Clarkson?

what role should his type be playing? the Leafs may be at fault for overpaying him, but have they really put him in the wrong role as well? idts

on what teams is he a beauty 2nd liner?

He's not. He might be a serviceable 3rd liner at mid 2s for contract, but Nonis screwed up badly with this one. Gave the guy a career contract to play a role he is not skilled enough to fill.

Not going to lie - I love it :D

He's not. He might be a serviceable 3rd liner at mid 2s for contract, but Nonis screwed up badly with this one. Gave the guy a career contract to play a role he is not skilled enough to fill.

Not going to lie - I love it :D

Yeah, he's annoying as hell as well. Wish I wasn't enjoying the Leafs failures so much.

Reminds me of Sather's wishful signings in Holik and Gomez thinking they were superstars trapped in Devils jerseys when in reality they were already being utilized in their best situations. I remember Shero had similar hopes for Paul Martin as well thinking he had another gear.

Clarkson just looks lost in Carlyle's system and just doesn't gel with his linemates the same way he did w/ guys like Elias and Zubrus.

He is an Edler but a forward. Had a few great years , got his big money and sucks

Edler isn't nearly as bad as people make him out to be. Anyways, that's a discussion for another thread.

No way in hell does Edler = Clarkson.

He had one year with 30 goals and another year that, if pro-rated was on pace for 26 goals, so I can somewhat see why he was paid so much, but I still wouldn't have taken the risk Toronto did in paying him as much as they did and certainly not for that term.

Clarkson and Stephen Weiss of Detroit are probably the 2 worst signings in the recent 2 years.

Nothing will beat Engelland at just under 3 million per.....for 3 years.

He was a fringe #6/#7 guy in Pit and wasn't even in the line-up every night.

Madness.

Just uhhmm...wanna point out.

Before he got signed, a large portion of the CDC crowd demanded Gillis pay what he wanted and were convinced he was worth $4.5 to $5 million a year.

Just think on that ;)

Your definition of 'large portion' is a little off.

Archived