The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian for Hodgson now ?

Guest Cuporbust2

Always find it funny no matter what topic some clown goes through all the threads making idiotic posts about them. Should we make never ending discussions about how awesome the new coach is or the Sedins ? Is a discussion board chief. There are plenty to choose from. Take a hike u don't like this one.

Thanks for being useless ,kinda like Hodgson is to a scoring line, or a dressing room. Take care now.

I got two words for you too......peace out.

The locker room? Yeah. He was useless here too.

But the scoring line? What is up with that guy? Even i expected more out of him than this. He gets juicy powerplay time. Hes played himself into Rolstons doghouse now Nolans doghouse too.

Sabres fans can try to spin all they want, they would ALL take Kassian back if they knew then what they know now.

Guest Cuporbust2

But the scoring line? What is up with that guy? Even i expected more out of him than this. He gets juicy powerplay time. Hes played himself into Rolstons doghouse now Nolans doghouse too.

Sabres fans can try to spin all they want, they would ALL take Kassian back if they knew then what they know now.

Ya who knows why a player tanks. Like popcorn "some pop and some dont" as jerry McGuire says. Lol

I contested that we won this trade right from the start. Had to hear a lot of whining for the first year. Then things started to change and the haters started to disappear.

Now the trade is so lopsided that is not worth arguing about. Cody is overpaid and his one way game has dried up. Gagner who is a rich man's hodgson was traded for a 6th round pick. Safe to say CoHo's value is negative with that dollar amount.

Guest Cuporbust2

Both have been non existent up to this point. Neither one has really done anything on there respective team.

Cody had been a 20 goal scorer. I wouldn't say he's done absolutey nothing. He "can" score , but when he's not , he's useless. And he is WAY overpaid for the possibility of 20 goals. Kassian is a much more useful player all around unless Cody was a consistent 20 goal scorrer.

Actually that's not true. On opening night, Cody got the second loudest cheers of the introduction. I like Kassian for the great attitude that he has. It would come in handy in the Sabres' dressing room this year.

As to the trade itself. Both players are underwhelming so far. The biggest difference is that Cody's contract costs more than twice of Kassian's and has more than double the term left.

This question will be much more relevant towards the end of the season. This season has barely begun.

He "can" score , but when he's not , he's useless.

Kassian is a much more useful player all around unless Cody was a consistent 20 goal scorrer.

2011-12:19 NHL goals in his rookie season

2012-13:15 NHL goals over 48 NHL games.Over a full NHL season he was on a pace for 25 NHL goals.Second in team scoring.

2013-2014: 20 goals in 72 NHL games. Led his NHL team in scoring.

If the Sabres get McDavid, does Hodgson not become irrelevant on that team?

If anything they should be playing him more to try and up his value for a trade.

Even if the Sabres don't get McDavid, there is just so much talent coming down the pipeline for the Sabres that Cody is going to have a hard time keeping his spot on the roster three years from now.

If the Sabres get McDavid, does Hodgson not become irrelevant on that team?

If anything they should be playing him more to try and up his value for a trade.

I'd consider taking him back if the price was cheap and Buffalo kept some of his cap hit.

Even if the Sabres don't get McDavid, there is just so much talent coming down the pipeline for the Sabres that Cody is going to have a hard time keeping his spot on the roster three years from now.

This

You got Girgensens and Ennis who are better than Hodgson right now with Reinhart coming up behind already . Never mind Mc David / Eichel.

Cody and his big contract are definitely a short term proposal for the Sabres IMHO .

Neither is anything but a third liner at this point. Cody has some offensive flair but will never be a first liner on a good team. Kassian hasn't really shown to be consistently anything. Might just be an awful trade where everyone lost.

In terms of synergy Kassian is the better fit since we need more physical wingers. Hodgeson is moot considering we have Sedin, Bonino, Richardson, and an upcoming Horvat and Gaunce that'll be ready in 1-3 years. We don't need more centers.

With that said in terms of talent its really hard to decide. On one hand you have Kassian who is painfully inconsistent but has had flashes of brilliance. On the other you have Hodgeson, who was traded to the weakest team in the league but has obvious offensive potential. Its incredibly hard for a young player to prosper in a terrible team like the current Sabres. Actually, very few rookies have been able to turn an entire team's performance around... like Crosby... and Hodgeson certainly isn't anywhere near his talent.

My guess? If Hodgeson stayed with the Canucks or was traded to at least a mid tier team, he'd develop better and put up way more points.

Archived